Boxing Forums





User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 89
Tyson was scared to fight Foreman! - A MUST READ!
Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Realitycheck77 is offline Forum Contender Realitycheck77 has taken a few blows to the head... he might come back
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks
    0


    Default Tyson was scared to fight Foreman! - A MUST READ!

    I got this information from another website, I believe I'm not allowed to say which one?

    But anyway I remembered recently a topic involving these two so I thought this info might be interesting for ya'll to read.

    16.09 - On March 9 1987, former heavyweight champion George Foreman stopped journeyman Steve Zouski in the fourth round. Foreman's fight versus Zouski was the official beginning of the second leg of Foreman's 18-year career, after being retired for ten years. Foreman's bout with Zouski was his first fight since losing a decision to third-ranked contender Jimmy Young back on March 17 1977.

    Foreman said he came back to reclaim the title he lost to Muhammad Ali back in October of 1974. After beating Zouski, Foreman fought on a schedule that had him in the ring just about every other month. He would constantly tell anyone with a microphone after each fight that, he came back because he knew he could beat Mike Tyson and wanted to fight him for the title. Through Big George's first ten to fifteen fights, he was laughed at for the quality of the fighters he was fighting and wasn't taken seriously. Foreman never made excuses for them and admitted that he was fighting guys who had no chance of beating him. He said that he wanted to get used to being back in the ring and was in no hurry. In 1987, Foreman fought five times; in 1988, he fought nine times and in 1989, he fought five times. After 19 fights, Foreman was 19-0 (1. During the course of those 19 fights, Foreman only fought two name fighters: former light heavyweight and cruiserweight champ Dwight Muhammad Qwai (formerly Dwight Braxton), and fringe contender Bert Cooper, stopping both.

    On January 15, 1990, Foreman fought former heavyweight title challenger, the hard-hitting Gerry Cooney. Cooney was making a comeback after not fighting in almost two and a half years. Cooney viewed Foreman as an easy win and figured he could capitalize off of Foreman's name and jump to the front of the heavyweight picture with an impressive victory. Going into the fight neither Foreman or Cooney were perceived to be a real threat to any of the top heavyweights in the world, let alone Tyson who was just 23 and the unbeaten, undisputed champ.

    By January of 1990, Foreman had built up such a following and fan base that the Foreman-Cooney fight was only seen on PPV. It took Foreman less than two full rounds to mutilate Cooney sending him back into permanent retirement. Foreman displayed accuracy and devastating power in stopping Cooney. It wasn't until after Foreman's destruction of Cooney that he was taken as a serious title contender. Before the boxing world had time to digest Foreman's showing against Cooney, it was dealt an even bigger shock 26 days later.

    On February 10 1990, 42-1 underdog James "Buster" Douglas literally turned the boxing world upside down when he traveled to Tokyo and knocked out undisputed heavyweight champ Mike Tyson. Don King promoted Tyson, at the time of his defeat. After Tyson's loss to Douglas, King wanted to have Tyson fight in a high profile fight. He figured a spectacular knockout win over a name opponent would get Tyson back on track to being the man in the heavyweight picture again. King thought he found the perfect opponent in Foreman who was all over television after beating Cooney. Foreman never passed up an opportunity to take a shot at Tyson and throw out challenges to him while doing the talk show circuit.

    In the subsequent months following Foreman's victory over Cooney and Douglas' upset of Tyson, there was much talk of a Foreman-Tyson fight. It was a potential fight that captured the public's imagination, and not just the boxing public. In fact, there were several reports that the fight was signed and about to be announced. ESPN Sportscenter devoted numerous segments on the fight assuming it was going to happen. Shortly thereafter, there was an announcement that Foreman and Tyson were going to fight on the same card. In late April of 1990, it was announced that Foreman and Tyson would be fighting a co-main event on June 16 to be broadcast on HBO. Foreman's opponent was Adilson Rodrigues, who was ranked in the top ten by two of the major sanctioning bodies. Tyson's opponent was the unranked Henry Tillman. Tillman was best known for beating Tyson twice in the 1984 Olympic trials.

    At this time, Evander Holyfield was getting ready for his sixth fight as a heavyweight against Seamus McDonagh on June 1 in Atlantic City. On the day of the Holyfield-McDonagh fight, I went to grab something to eat with Georgie Benton, Lou Duva and Bobby Goodman. At the time, Goodman was, and still is, Don King's matchmaker. I've known Benton for many years, through him I met Duva, and was introduced to Goodman a couple weeks before Tyson fought Larry Holmes at the Convention Center in Atlantic City in January 1988.

    While we were eating, Benton said, "Bobby, what's up with Foreman and Tyson, how come they're not fighting each other on the 16th? Isn't that the fight that King was trying to make?" He said, " Georgie,You'll never believe this but, F******' Tyson is scared shitless of Foreman and wants no part of him. I was there when Don was trying to make the fight. He was telling Tyson that Foreman represented huge money, plus he was old and slow and would be no problem. Tyson got up and screamed at King saying, 'I'm not fightin' that F******' animal, if you love the motherfucker so much, you fight him!'"

    Goodman stated that Tyson said Foreman was much better than people thought, and was a dangerous fight for any of the top heavyweights. Goodman proceeded to explain how Tyson was calling Foreman a big con man, and explained that the grandpop act was just a front. He said Tyson saw Foreman as trying to set up the boxing world into thinking he was a pushover, knowing that he really wasn't. Tyson said Foreman was a wolf in sheep's clothing. Goodman continued to say that after seeing Tyson's response to King trying to push him into a fight with Foreman, he had no doubt that Tyson had fear of Foreman. He also said that from that point on, he felt that if Foreman and Tyson ever fought, Foreman would knock Tyson out!

    Throughout the lunch Goodman, Duva, Benton, and myself shared stories and thoughts on the fight game. Out of the blue Goodman said, "Oh I remember why else Tyson wanted no parts of Foreman. He said that King had found out from Steve Lott that Tyson and Cus D'Amato used to watch the Frazier-Foreman fight over and over." He continued saying that Tyson loved that fight because he was awed by Foreman's power and Frazier's toughness and how he kept getting up after every knockdown. He also said that Lott told King that Cus sat alongside Tyson saying, "It's suicide against Foreman if you're short and fight a swarming attacking style like Marciano or Frazier," never figuring that Foreman could be a possible Tyson opponent down the road. He said that Cus said the only fighters who had a chance against Foreman were, tall rangy fighters who could fight him from a distance while moving away from him, and no way any swarmer could beat Foreman by going to him.

    Those are the words of the man who actually had a hand in trying to make the Foreman-Tyson fight, and was in the room when the negotiations broke down. Over the years, I've talked to many people who were involved with Tyson and Foreman and they all verify the story, every one of them. I have also talked to people who were involved with promoting Foreman, including Ron Weathers who promoted a few of Foreman's comeback fights. He told me the same story. The fight didn't happen because of Tyson being fearful of losing to George. Bob Arum also said that he dreamed of making Foreman-Tyson. He said it would be huge money and that Foreman would stop Tyson easier than he did Frazier. This is something Arum often repeated to the press. I have also heard this from George's brother Roy who was his business manager. I co-hosted a boxing show with Roy in Atlantic City for a little less than two months and this was a regular topic when discussing Tyson. Anyone who covered boxing at the time or knew any of the involved parties knew of this. It's not breaking news.

    It is absolutely a fact that Mike Tyson was afraid to fight 41-year-old George Foreman--the same Foreman who Evander Holyfield would fight and beat in April of 1991. I have not a doubt that had Foreman and Tyson fought anytime between 1990 and 1997 that Foreman would have knocked Tyson out inside of three rounds. Tyson just has nothing to beat Foreman with; his edge in hand speed would have been a non-factor. He can't beat him by backing away, and he would have gotten his head handed to him if he brought the fight to Foreman. In addition, Foreman was bigger, stronger, tougher and hit harder. Not to mention the fact that Foreman had a better chin and no fear or doubt, unlike Tyson, who was full of fear and self-doubt.

    Think about it, Foreman-Tyson was the biggest fight that could have been made in 1990. Foreman was perceived to be an easy fight for Tyson, and it would have been his biggest payday to date. There can only be one reason why Tyson didn't fight Foreman, and that's because he feared losing to him.

    I haven't a morsel of a doubt that Tyson just doesn't match up with Foreman, and he knows it. If Tyson of 1990 was afraid of an old Foreman, think how petrified he would of been of a prime Foreman, the one who stared down both Joe Frazier and Muhammad Ali in 1973 and 1974.

    Writers Note

    The above account is of a quick get to together for something to eat between myself and the above mentioned parties. The only thing I can't recall for certain is if it took place after the Holyfield-McDonagh final press conference, or the weigh in? However, the above quotes are just that, quotes. Everything there is exactly how the conversation unfolded. Whether you chose to believe it or not is up to you. All I can say is that is exactly what was said. To disbelieve this you have to assume a lot of people close to both Foreman and Tyson are lying. Remember, Tyson is a student of boxing and boxing history. If there ever was a fighter who understood styles and match ups, its Tyson. He was smart enough to know that Foreman was all wrong for him. You can talk about his speed and defense for the next 100 years. The fact of the matter is he had nothing to beat Foreman with! Sometimes the truth is very hard to believe and accept, but the truth is the truth. And the truth is, Mike Tyson was fearful of fighting George Foreman in 1990. The only reason why Foreman-Tyson was never made is because Tyson was afraid Foreman would beat him.

  2. #2
    LBSCFC is offline Site Writer LBSCFC Has defended his punching power reputation by beating everyone via KO LBSCFC Has defended his punching power reputation by beating everyone via KO LBSCFC Has defended his punching power reputation by beating everyone via KO LBSCFC Has defended his punching power reputation by beating everyone via KO LBSCFC Has defended his punching power reputation by beating everyone via KO LBSCFC Has defended his punching power reputation by beating everyone via KO LBSCFC Has defended his punching power reputation by beating everyone via KO LBSCFC Has defended his punching power reputation by beating everyone via KO LBSCFC Has defended his punching power reputation by beating everyone via KO LBSCFC Has defended his punching power reputation by beating everyone via KO LBSCFC Has defended his punching power reputation by beating everyone via KO
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,420
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    603
    Cool Clicks
    1


    Default Re: Tyson was scared to fight Foreman! - A MUST READ!

    excellent read. i remember the header at caesars in june 90 when foreman poleaxed rodrigues. i also remember thinking had foreman fought tyson that year it could very possibly have been foreman v frazier 1 all over again

  3. #3
    Realitycheck77 is offline Forum Contender Realitycheck77 has taken a few blows to the head... he might come back
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks
    0


    Default Re: Tyson was scared to fight Foreman! - A MUST READ!

    Yes, I must admit, I think Foreman could have taken Tyson, I think Tyson would have lost heart and Foreman was tough....real tough.

  4. #4
    Preme is offline Drunk & rambling Preme Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class Preme Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class Preme Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class Preme Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class Preme Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class Preme Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class Preme Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class Preme Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class Preme Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class Preme Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class Preme Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    4,759
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    768
    Cool Clicks
    28


    Default Re: Tyson was scared to fight Foreman! - A MUST READ!

    cc, good read

  5. #5
    El Kabong is offline Grand Pooh-Bah of Saddo's El Kabong Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class El Kabong Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class El Kabong Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class El Kabong Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class El Kabong Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class El Kabong Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class El Kabong Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class El Kabong Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class El Kabong Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class El Kabong Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class El Kabong Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    42,424
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2479
    Cool Clicks
    766


    Default Re: Tyson was scared to fight Foreman! - A MUST READ!

    Quote Originally Posted by LBSCFC
    excellent read. i remember the header at caesars in june 90 when foreman poleaxed rodrigues. i also remember thinking had foreman fought tyson that year it could very possibly have been foreman v frazier 1 all over again
    Oh yeah after Tyson really stopped moving his head and started throwing one punch at a time he would be RIPE for an ass kicking from Foreman.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    "The candidate is acceptable"

  6. #6
    Cortez The Killer is offline Forum Greatest Of All Time Cortez The Killer Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class Cortez The Killer Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class Cortez The Killer Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class Cortez The Killer Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class Cortez The Killer Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class Cortez The Killer Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class Cortez The Killer Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class Cortez The Killer Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class Cortez The Killer Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class Cortez The Killer Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class Cortez The Killer Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,081
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    550
    Cool Clicks
    0


    Default Re: Tyson was scared to fight Foreman! - A MUST READ!

    Quote Originally Posted by Realitycheck77
    Yes, I must admit, I think Foreman could have taken Tyson, I think Tyson would have lost heart and Foreman was tough....real tough.
    I dont think Tyson wouldve been able to KO Big George. But if you watch Morrison-Foreman that's how I would see Tyson-Foreman, expect Tysons punches would carry a lot more power that Morrison's. Also, Tyson was much faster than morrison, who was much faster than foreman. If Tyson fought smart he would coast to an easy win, but if he went in there and tried to KO Foreman asap than he would be in trouble in the later rounds. Foreman had a hell of a chin, especially after his comeback!

  7. #7
    El Kabong is offline Grand Pooh-Bah of Saddo's El Kabong Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class El Kabong Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class El Kabong Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class El Kabong Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class El Kabong Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class El Kabong Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class El Kabong Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class El Kabong Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class El Kabong Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class El Kabong Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class El Kabong Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    42,424
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2479
    Cool Clicks
    766


    Default Re: Tyson was scared to fight Foreman! - A MUST READ!

    ...but Morrison BOXED...Tyson has never and would never box like that.

    "If Tyson fought smart"....hell if he fought smart he could have still been a champion in the late 90's

    Mike Tyson knew of one way to win and it wouldn't work vs Foreman

  8. #8
    tubbc is offline New Member tubbc has taken a few blows to the head... he might come back
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks
    0


    Default Re: Tyson was scared to fight Foreman! - A MUST READ!

    In no way was Tyson going to get beat by foreman, ok foreman had a big punch and good chin but the tyson of 91 was still quick and had plenty of heart, people seem to think that tyson had no heart, that bull he had plenty back then your comparing him to the tyson that got released from prison in 1995, that tyson had no heart and no stamina. He got beat by douglas yes a year prior but unprepared maybe, prepared maybe who knows but George has never and could never box as well as Douglas did that night, he was as close as perfect as you can get. Tyson took what was seen as a much bigger and harder fight than george Foreman when nobody else would including Holyfield and Bowe who both by the way rejected fights with the young and hungry Donovan 'Razor' Ruddock who was by far seen as the most dangerous heavyweight in the world and some would say just as hard a hitter a george so i dont see where your coming from, tyson took ruddocks best and still stood there after 19 tough rounds where he showed all the heart you say he did'nt have. watch thoughs fights some of the shots he hit tyson with would of ko'd most heavies and ruddock although took his beating also kept coming back at tyson.

    You telling me back in 1991 Tyson Vs Foreman was a bigger fight than Tyson Vs Ruddock? no way.
    Look at it logically if Tyson beat foreman what would it have proved to the public and media - nothing cos the media and boxing public thought foreman was past it anyway so whats the point in risking it with foreman? this is how it wopuld pan out if this happened, foreman ko's tyson - foreman a great, does an Ali only better. Tyson wins - tyson beat a old foreman which proves nothing. no way would anyone of respected him for fighting foreman they would say he was ducking Ruddock and chose to fight an old man instead. he cant win so why take the fight it dont make any sense.
    whether you think George was conning us and really good under his sheep skin or not and was really trying to surprise us is not a credible arguement - fact, cos other than a lucky punch verses moorer and getting beat up by holyfield, morrison and alex stewart what had he done to make you think he defeats tyson? Are you looking at how Holyfield beat tyson years later after 5 years of inactivety?

    Razor Ruddock was the biggest fight in the world for Tyson, Holyfield and whoever in 1991/92 fact.
    He had two underrated terrific fights with tyson, two of the best heavyweight fight of the 90's.
    Dont let lewis destruction of Ruddock cloud your eyes to how good ruddock was because by the time he fought lewis thoughs tyson fights took everything outa rudduck he had left. And to the tyson cant box, in his early days after he was unable to ko tucker he boxed him to a decision and tucker again was avoided like the plague and tough, good boxer, amazing chin and just to prove that his only loss in 50 fights was tyson untill lewis beat him when he was past it 6 years later and he gave lewis all sorts of trouble , far more than he did tyson and went 12 with him also.

    Ruddock V Tyson was a much bigger fight than foreman back at the time.



    Morrison

  9. #9
    ross is offline Forum Greatest Of All Time ross Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class ross Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class ross Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class ross Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class ross Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class ross Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class ross Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class ross Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class ross Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class ross Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class ross Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    5,843
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    795
    Cool Clicks
    133


    Default Re: Tyson was scared to fight Foreman! - A MUST READ!

    From a recent RSR interview with Steve Lott

    GM: After the James “Buster” Douglas defeat, there was a lot of talk of a Mike Tyson and George Foreman bout, which would have probably been the biggest bout in history. The people that I have spoken with have stated that Mike Tyson didn’t want that fight because he was fearful of Big George and that stylistically, it was a bad match for him because of the Foreman uppercuts. What are your thoughts on that?

    Steve Lott,
    Of course, I wasn’t around. I would have no idea what Mike thought at that time. I can only assume, based on my time with Mike, what I think he would have said about a match up with George. That is that Mike would have trouble with anyone that is very, very, very, very fast. Larry Holmes, Mitch Green…that type of fighter. When he’s fighting somebody slow, that stands in front of him, his eyes would light up. George never ever moves his head, ever. Cus would say that it was a lantern in a storm. I don’t think that Mike would be very intimidated or scared or worried about fighting Foreman at all.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  10. #10
    ICB Guest


    Default Re: Tyson was scared to fight Foreman! - A MUST READ!

    Quote Originally Posted by tubbc
    In no way was Tyson going to get beat by foreman, ok foreman had a big punch and good chin but the tyson of 91 was still quick and had plenty of heart, people seem to think that tyson had no heart, that bull he had plenty back then your comparing him to the tyson that got released from prison in 1995, that tyson had no heart and no stamina. He got beat by douglas yes a year prior but unprepared maybe, prepared maybe who knows but George has never and could never box as well as Douglas did that night, he was as close as perfect as you can get. Tyson took what was seen as a much bigger and harder fight than george Foreman when nobody else would including Holyfield and Bowe who both by the way rejected fights with the young and hungry Donovan 'Razor' Ruddock who was by far seen as the most dangerous heavyweight in the world and some would say just as hard a hitter a george so i dont see where your coming from, tyson took ruddocks best and still stood there after 19 tough rounds where he showed all the heart you say he did'nt have. watch thoughs fights some of the shots he hit tyson with would of ko'd most heavies and ruddock although took his beating also kept coming back at tyson.

    You telling me back in 1991 Tyson Vs Foreman was a bigger fight than Tyson Vs Ruddock? no way.
    Look at it logically if Tyson beat foreman what would it have proved to the public and media - nothing cos the media and boxing public thought foreman was past it anyway so whats the point in risking it with foreman?* *this is how it wopuld pan out if this happened, foreman ko's tyson - foreman a great, does an Ali only better. Tyson wins - tyson beat a old foreman which proves nothing. no way would anyone of respected him for fighting foreman they would say he was ducking Ruddock and chose to fight an old man instead. he cant win so why take the fight it dont make any sense.
    whether you think George was conning us and really good under his sheep skin or not and was really trying to surprise us is not a credible arguement - fact, cos other than a lucky punch verses moorer and getting beat up by holyfield, morrison and alex stewart what had he done to make you think he defeats tyson?* Are you looking at how Holyfield beat tyson years later after 5 years of inactivety?

    Razor Ruddock was the biggest fight in the world for Tyson, Holyfield and whoever in 1991/92 fact.
    He had two underrated terrific fights with tyson, two of the best heavyweight fight of the 90's.
    Dont let lewis destruction of Ruddock cloud your eyes to how good ruddock was because by the time he fought lewis thoughs tyson fights took everything outa rudduck he had left. And to the tyson cant box, in his early days after he was unable to ko tucker he boxed him to a decision and tucker again was avoided like the plague and tough, good boxer, amazing chin and just to prove that his only loss in 50 fights was tyson untill lewis beat him when he was past it 6 years later and he gave lewis all sorts of trouble , far more than he did tyson and went 12 with him also.

    Ruddock V Tyson was a much bigger fight than foreman back at the time.



    Morrison
    firstly foreman hits harder than ruddock and secondly tucker gave lewis more trouble then tyson ?? lewis floored tucker twice ?? ruddock was decent but from what ive seen he had no headmovement and lazy offense at times shame larry holmes didnt train him here is footage of ruddock vs holmes this is video i uploaded

  11. #11
    ICB Guest


    Default Re: Tyson was scared to fight Foreman! - A MUST READ!

    larry holmes vs razor ruddock sparring


    [youtube=425,350]cPIXnEuqNZA[/youtube]

  12. #12
    El Kabong is offline Grand Pooh-Bah of Saddo's El Kabong Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class El Kabong Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class El Kabong Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class El Kabong Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class El Kabong Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class El Kabong Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class El Kabong Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class El Kabong Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class El Kabong Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class El Kabong Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class El Kabong Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    42,424
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2479
    Cool Clicks
    766


    Default Re: Tyson was scared to fight Foreman! - A MUST READ!

    Foreman would beat Tyson....if Foreman could take haymakers from Holyfield and Morrison and Briggs then he could take them from Tyson.


    Rudduck was ok but he was one dimensional and any talented fighter could beat him because as mentioned before he had lackluster defense and he got lazy on offense.


    All I know is Riddick "Big Daddy" Bowe would have whipped Tyson's ass all the way back to Brownsville!

  13. #13
    ross is offline Forum Greatest Of All Time ross Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class ross Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class ross Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class ross Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class ross Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class ross Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class ross Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class ross Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class ross Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class ross Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class ross Don't mess with User or you will get KTFO... To powerful and full of class
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    5,843
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    795
    Cool Clicks
    133


    Default Re: Tyson was scared to fight Foreman! - A MUST READ!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Foreman would beat Tyson....if Foreman could take haymakers from Holyfield and Morrison and Briggs then he could take them from Tyson.
    You are joking, none of those has a KO highlight reel like Mike, Briggs doenst hit as hard as Rahman or McCall, both kod Lewis, McCall couldnt KO Holmes and come to think of it neither could Holyfield, so Mike was hitting harder than them

  14. #14
    tubbc is offline New Member tubbc has taken a few blows to the head... he might come back
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks
    0


    Default Re: Tyson was scared to fight Foreman! - A MUST READ!

    Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Quote Originally Posted by tubbc
    In no way was Tyson going to get beat by foreman, ok foreman had a big punch and good chin but the tyson of 91 was still quick and had plenty of heart, people seem to think that tyson had no heart, that bull he had plenty back then your comparing him to the tyson that got released from prison in 1995, that tyson had no heart and no stamina. He got beat by douglas yes a year prior but unprepared maybe, prepared maybe who knows but George has never and could never box as well as Douglas did that night, he was as close as perfect as you can get. Tyson took what was seen as a much bigger and harder fight than george Foreman when nobody else would including Holyfield and Bowe who both by the way rejected fights with the young and hungry Donovan 'Razor' Ruddock who was by far seen as the most dangerous heavyweight in the world and some would say just as hard a hitter a george so i dont see where your coming from, tyson took ruddocks best and still stood there after 19 tough rounds where he showed all the heart you say he did'nt have. watch thoughs fights some of the shots he hit tyson with would of ko'd most heavies and ruddock although took his beating also kept coming back at tyson.

    You telling me back in 1991 Tyson Vs Foreman was a bigger fight than Tyson Vs Ruddock? no way.
    Look at it logically if Tyson beat foreman what would it have proved to the public and media - nothing cos the media and boxing public thought foreman was past it anyway so whats the point in risking it with foreman? this is how it wopuld pan out if this happened, foreman ko's tyson - foreman a great, does an Ali only better. Tyson wins - tyson beat a old foreman which proves nothing. no way would anyone of respected him for fighting foreman they would say he was ducking Ruddock and chose to fight an old man instead. he cant win so why take the fight it dont make any sense.
    whether you think George was conning us and really good under his sheep skin or not and was really trying to surprise us is not a credible arguement - fact, cos other than a lucky punch verses moorer and getting beat up by holyfield, morrison and alex stewart what had he done to make you think he defeats tyson? Are you looking at how Holyfield beat tyson years later after 5 years of inactivety?

    Razor Ruddock was the biggest fight in the world for Tyson, Holyfield and whoever in 1991/92 fact.
    He had two underrated terrific fights with tyson, two of the best heavyweight fight of the 90's.
    Dont let lewis destruction of Ruddock cloud your eyes to how good ruddock was because by the time he fought lewis thoughs tyson fights took everything outa rudduck he had left. And to the tyson cant box, in his early days after he was unable to ko tucker he boxed him to a decision and tucker again was avoided like the plague and tough, good boxer, amazing chin and just to prove that his only loss in 50 fights was tyson untill lewis beat him when he was past it 6 years later and he gave lewis all sorts of trouble , far more than he did tyson and went 12 with him also.

    Ruddock V Tyson was a much bigger fight than foreman back at the time.



    Morrison
    firstly foreman hits harder than ruddock and secondly tucker gave lewis more trouble then tyson ?? lewis floored tucker twice ?? ruddock was decent but from what ive seen he had no headmovement and lazy offense at times shame larry holmes didnt train him here is footage of ruddock vs holmes this is video i uploaded
    fact is ruddock without even comparing him to foreman was one of the hardest hitters in history.thats pretty much accepted fact. You telling me Foreman was a bigger fight? no way. Going on what you saw after maybe but at the time foreman was'nt taken seriously and many people laughed when holy fought him and thought tyson v ruddock was fight of the year and between the two best heavies as holy was still lightly regarded. Your baseing your judgement on after events. Fact is at the time in 1991-1992 Ruddock v Tyson was a bigger fight and one people looked forward to most.i was there and people would of tuned into foreman - tyson like they did homes-tyson out of pure curiousity. But Ruddock was seen as the man to take over from tyson and if he had'nt fought tyson he may well of got the title at least once.

  15. #15
    ICB Guest


    Default Re: Tyson was scared to fight Foreman! - A MUST READ!

    Quote Originally Posted by tubbc
    Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Quote Originally Posted by tubbc
    In no way was Tyson going to get beat by foreman, ok foreman had a big punch and good chin but the tyson of 91 was still quick and had plenty of heart, people seem to think that tyson had no heart, that bull he had plenty back then your comparing him to the tyson that got released from prison in 1995, that tyson had no heart and no stamina. He got beat by douglas yes a year prior but unprepared maybe, prepared maybe who knows but George has never and could never box as well as Douglas did that night, he was as close as perfect as you can get. Tyson took what was seen as a much bigger and harder fight than george Foreman when nobody else would including Holyfield and Bowe who both by the way rejected fights with the young and hungry Donovan 'Razor' Ruddock who was by far seen as the most dangerous heavyweight in the world and some would say just as hard a hitter a george so i dont see where your coming from, tyson took ruddocks best and still stood there after 19 tough rounds where he showed all the heart you say he did'nt have. watch thoughs fights some of the shots he hit tyson with would of ko'd most heavies and ruddock although took his beating also kept coming back at tyson.

    You telling me back in 1991 Tyson Vs Foreman was a bigger fight than Tyson Vs Ruddock? no way.
    Look at it logically if Tyson beat foreman what would it have proved to the public and media - nothing cos the media and boxing public thought foreman was past it anyway so whats the point in risking it with foreman? this is how it wopuld pan out if this happened, foreman ko's tyson - foreman a great, does an Ali only better. Tyson wins - tyson beat a old foreman which proves nothing. no way would anyone of respected him for fighting foreman they would say he was ducking Ruddock and chose to fight an old man instead. he cant win so why take the fight it dont make any sense.
    whether you think George was conning us and really good under his sheep skin or not and was really trying to surprise us is not a credible arguement - fact, cos other than a lucky punch verses moorer and getting beat up by holyfield, morrison and alex stewart what had he done to make you think he defeats tyson? Are you looking at how Holyfield beat tyson years later after 5 years of inactivety?

    Razor Ruddock was the biggest fight in the world for Tyson, Holyfield and whoever in 1991/92 fact.
    He had two underrated terrific fights with tyson, two of the best heavyweight fight of the 90's.
    Dont let lewis destruction of Ruddock cloud your eyes to how good ruddock was because by the time he fought lewis thoughs tyson fights took everything outa rudduck he had left. And to the tyson cant box, in his early days after he was unable to ko tucker he boxed him to a decision and tucker again was avoided like the plague and tough, good boxer, amazing chin and just to prove that his only loss in 50 fights was tyson untill lewis beat him when he was past it 6 years later and he gave lewis all sorts of trouble , far more than he did tyson and went 12 with him also.

    Ruddock V Tyson was a much bigger fight than foreman back at the time.



    Morrison
    firstly foreman hits harder than ruddock and secondly tucker gave lewis more trouble then tyson ?? lewis floored tucker twice ?? ruddock was decent but from what ive seen he had no headmovement and lazy offense at times shame larry holmes didnt train him here is footage of ruddock vs holmes this is video i uploaded
    fact is ruddock without even comparing him to foreman was one of the hardest hitters in history.thats pretty much accepted fact. You telling me Foreman was a bigger fight? no way. Going on what you saw after maybe but at the time foreman was'nt taken seriously and many people laughed when holy fought him and thought tyson v ruddock was fight of the year and between the two best heavies as holy was still lightly regarded. Your baseing your judgement on after events. Fact is at the time in 1991-1992 Ruddock v Tyson was a bigger fight and one people looked forward to most.i was there and people would of tuned into foreman - tyson like they did homes-tyson out of pure curiousity. But Ruddock was seen as the man to take over from tyson and if he had'nt fought tyson he may well of got the title at least once.
    actually i wasnt saying that at all i didnt say foreman vs tyson would of been bigger fight than ruddock vs tyson at that time

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts








Boxing Hompage | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Video Clips | Boxing Forum | Boxing Downloads| Boxing Twitter | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Quiz | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Betting Odds | Boxers Records | Auctions | Fun and Games | Articles on Boxing | World News | Earn Money from your Website | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2014 Saddo Boxing - Disclaimer l Boxing