Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: Lennox WILL make a comeback (imo)!

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    18,799
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1575
    Cool Clicks

    Default Lennox WILL make a comeback (imo)!

    Lennox is in superb shape at present (as commented by Setanta sports pundits at the Wlad fight) and hasn't been in this shape for a good few years.........
    I think a comeback is on the cards purely because he doesn't like all the Hype surrounding David Haye at present.
    I think Lewis is missing being in the ring and wants his belts back.
    Stranger things have happened and the signs are their that he could come back into action.
    Lennox Lewis: "I'm Wladimir Klitschko's Only Challenger" - Boxing News

    Never say never in the fight game and i think he's thrown us a red herring!!
    What do you think?
    Last edited by smashup; 07-15-2008 at 08:35 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,347
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    629
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lennox WILL make a comeback (imo)!

    Lennox has always left it open but never had an offer worthy enough.

    5yrs is too long i doubt he will come back. Would be intresting if someone offered him $30mill.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    45,339
    Mentioned
    846 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3108
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lennox WILL make a comeback (imo)!

    I really dont think Lewis will come back. He has always seemed far too sensible for that kind of nonsense.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    18,799
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1575
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lennox WILL make a comeback (imo)!

    I wouldn't rule it out,Lennox has been pretty porky the last few years and a happily settled multi millionare,so why the sudden shift back into shape?
    Haye getting all the headlines.."The new Heavyweight hope" when Lennox probably feels he is still a better fighter?
    The burning desire to prove beyond ANY doubt that he did beat Vitali hands down?
    Don't rule it out is all i'm saying
    Don't rule anything out in boxing

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Wales GB
    Posts
    763
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    638
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lennox WILL make a comeback (imo)!

    Can't see it happening but if it did,can anyone see him being anywhere near good enough to challenge after so long out of the game.
    "It wasn't the night of the jab"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cymru
    Posts
    1,977
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1098
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lennox WILL make a comeback (imo)!

    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    I wouldn't rule it out,Lennox has been pretty porky the last few years and a happily settled multi millionare,so why the sudden shift back into shape?
    Haye getting all the headlines.."The new Heavyweight hope" when Lennox probably feels he is still a better fighter?
    The burning desire to prove beyond ANY doubt that he did beat Vitali hands down?
    Don't rule it out is all i'm saying
    Don't rule anything out in boxing
    Many fighters have fallen into this trap in the past, including many who you think would know better. Even 5 years older I reckon if Lewis got himself in great shape he could still possibly beat the guys out there now.

    I'd definitely be up at the crazy hours watching him try, but i think it would be best for everyone if he let it go, he has absolutley nothing to prove and he would set a fine example to all current/future champs that it is possible resist the big money comeback. Boxing is definitely not a sport that needs a seniors tour.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,530
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    966
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lennox WILL make a comeback (imo)!

    Lennox seems like one of those rare fighters who is actually content in retirement. I think he accomplished what he wanted to and was smart enough to realize it was time to retire while he still had the title and good health.

    I seriously doubt he ever comes back.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    22,304
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2792
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lennox WILL make a comeback (imo)!

    No chance he will ever come back

    Unless he's gone/goes skint

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,031
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    956
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lennox WILL make a comeback (imo)!

    I think he would be still good enough to win a belt if he got his self in shape and was motivated.

    But does Lewis really want to go into a training camp for 12weeks just to prove he can still whip the younger champions out there and there is a big problem Manny Steward trains the Klitschos now so who would he have as a trainer?
    Last edited by littlebif; 07-15-2008 at 10:03 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hunter Valley, NSW Australia
    Posts
    1,806
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    929
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lennox WILL make a comeback (imo)!

    Lewis has continually said in interviews that he is definately retired and is content with that. He really doesnt have the kinds of regrets old fighters have when they make that silly comeback, he's resolved all his losses and the Klitschko fight he won - his god damn face was falling off, he'd look like skeletor if they let it go on. Sure if the $$$$ was stupid he might but Lewis has no other reason to fight again. He has nothing to prove, he doesn't need money and has no losses to avenge, why would he??
    If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize. Muhammad Ali.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    18,799
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1575
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lennox WILL make a comeback (imo)!

    Quote Originally Posted by bikersk View Post
    Lewis has continually said in interviews that he is definately retired and is content with that. He really doesnt have the kinds of regrets old fighters have when they make that silly comeback, he's resolved all his losses and the Klitschko fight he won - his god damn face was falling off, he'd look like skeletor if they let it go on. Sure if the $$$$ was stupid he might but Lewis has no other reason to fight again. He has nothing to prove, he doesn't need money and has no losses to avenge, why would he??





























    One more round and Lewis would have been KO'd by Vitali

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hunter Valley, NSW Australia
    Posts
    1,806
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    929
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lennox WILL make a comeback (imo)!

    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bikersk View Post
    Lewis has continually said in interviews that he is definately retired and is content with that. He really doesnt have the kinds of regrets old fighters have when they make that silly comeback, he's resolved all his losses and the Klitschko fight he won - his god damn face was falling off, he'd look like skeletor if they let it go on. Sure if the $$$$ was stupid he might but Lewis has no other reason to fight again. He has nothing to prove, he doesn't need money and has no losses to avenge, why would he??





























    One more round and Lewis would have been KO'd by Vitali
    There wasn't one more round - it doesnt matter. Lewis won and has no need to revisit that. Vitali might have issues there but he missed his chance. He might do the silly comeback thing because of it - he keeps talking about it so it obviously bothers him but what's he going to do?
    If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize. Muhammad Ali.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    57,358
    Mentioned
    500 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2944
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lennox WILL make a comeback (imo)!

    .....it wouldn't matter #1 Lewis' legacy is set in stone as one of the greats and #2 if Wlad beat him (no matter how) Wlad wouldn't get any credit infact he'd be berated for even taking the fight vs the old Lennox Lewis.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,031
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    956
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lennox WILL make a comeback (imo)!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    .....it wouldn't matter #1 Lewis' legacy is set in stone as one of the greats and #2 if Wlad beat him (no matter how) Wlad wouldn't get any credit infact he'd be berated for even taking the fight vs the old Lennox Lewis.
    you might be right but some people will just look at the record and think wow Wlad Klitscho beat Lennox Lewis. I'am not saying LL will lose just if it happened.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Southport
    Posts
    8,223
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1546
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lennox WILL make a comeback (imo)!

    I hope he doesnt. Lennox really doesnt have anything at all to prove. The oppurtunity might be there, but IMO legacy is a lot more important than money which he doesnt need.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Lennox Lewis: No Comeback!
    By Violent Demise in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-26-2007, 07:25 AM
  2. Vitali to make comeback?
    By jabvargas24 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 11-25-2006, 12:02 AM
  3. Vitali is trying to make a comeback
    By rvk1331 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2006, 01:10 AM
  4. If Lennox Lewis made a comeback now,how would he do???
    By porkypara in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 08-19-2006, 12:22 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Boxing Hompage | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Video Clips | Boxing Forum | Boxing Downloads| Boxing Twitter | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Quiz | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Betting Odds | Boxers Records | Auctions | Fun and Games | Articles on Boxing | World News | Earn Money from your Website | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2017 Saddo Boxing - Disclaimer l Boxing