Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Khan to fight on ITV (maybe)

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,843
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1123
    Cool Clicks

    Default Khan to fight on ITV (maybe)

    Amir Khan sparks return to terrestrial television - Times Online

    Great news for British boxing if it happens.
    Balls

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    19,031
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1558
    Cool Clicks

    Thumbs down Re: Khan to fight on ITV (maybe)

    Quote Originally Posted by porkypara View Post
    Amir Khan sparks return to terrestrial television - Times Online

    Great news for British boxing if it happens.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    london, vegas, crete, algarve, milan
    Posts
    6,339
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1045
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Khan to fight on ITV (maybe)

    Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by porkypara View Post
    Amir Khan sparks return to terrestrial television - Times Online

    Great news for British boxing if it happens.


    If it does it wont be anything more than itv4 with itv only showing the primetime repeat the very next night at around 10/11ish
    one dangerous horrible bloke

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    11,841
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1609
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Khan to fight on ITV (maybe)

    Oh, shush with your tutting. If it's available to watch for free, then I for one will be watching. I don't think it'll lead an exodus of boxing back on to mainstream, it's just that nobody's willing to throw any money behind a fight at 2am in the UK.

    If it saves me watching it on an unpredictable stream online, then it's all good in my book.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in space
    Posts
    1,358
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    674
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Khan to fight on ITV (maybe)

    great news

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Costa Del Yorkshire
    Posts
    405
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    513
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Khan to fight on ITV (maybe)

    Free to air boxing rocks.............even if it is Khan.
    24 Beers in a slab, 24 hours in the day.......go figure.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,427
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    477
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Khan to fight on ITV (maybe)

    This will be awesome if it does happen! What happened to skyboxoffice?
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    london, vegas, crete, algarve, milan
    Posts
    6,339
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1045
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Khan to fight on ITV (maybe)

    Quote Originally Posted by mattboxingfan View Post
    This will be awesome if it does happen! What happened to skyboxoffice?
    falling out apparently

    you can put that down to goldenboy!!
    one dangerous horrible bloke

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,139
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    787
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Khan to fight on ITV (maybe)

    Its also good that its reported the BBC have bid for it too. At least it shows that they are interested. Although their boxing coverage was pretty bad when they were last in.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

    Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    london, vegas, crete, algarve, milan
    Posts
    6,339
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1045
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Khan to fight on ITV (maybe)

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post
    Its also good that its reported the BBC have bid for it too. At least it shows that they are interested. Although their boxing coverage was pretty bad when they were last in.
    lack of any atmosphere
    no undercard
    danny williams in the studio talking about something he has no clue about

    one dangerous horrible bloke

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,139
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    787
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Khan to fight on ITV (maybe)

    Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post
    Its also good that its reported the BBC have bid for it too. At least it shows that they are interested. Although their boxing coverage was pretty bad when they were last in.
    lack of any atmosphere
    no undercard
    danny williams in the studio talking about something he has no clue about

    Yep, and Jim Neilly talking like he is commentating on the Queen Mother's funeral.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

    Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,427
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    477
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Khan to fight on ITV (maybe)

    Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattboxingfan View Post
    This will be awesome if it does happen! What happened to skyboxoffice?
    falling out apparently

    you can put that down to goldenboy!!
    So if ITV dont get this we could be left in the dark here in the UK, what will we do without Khan?
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,843
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1123
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Khan to fight on ITV (maybe)

    Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by porkypara View Post
    Amir Khan sparks return to terrestrial television - Times Online

    Great news for British boxing if it happens.


    If it does it wont be anything more than itv4 with itv only showing the primetime repeat the very next night at around 10/11ish

    Some people are hard to please.

    What would you rather pay 15 fucking quid on SKY box office.
    Balls

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,654
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1531
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Khan to fight on ITV (maybe)

    A couple of weeks ago I posted a link to an article saying that ITV had been offered the fight for free. I'm guessing the BBC heard and that's when some kind of bidding war started. I still don't think GBP will be getting much money for it though. Good news though provided one of them actually shows it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 04:53 PM
  2. Who will Khan fight next?
    By jumpship in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 06:54 PM
  3. Who should Khan fight next?
    By skel1983 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 11:17 PM
  4. My thoughts on the Khan fight....
    By Preme in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-15-2007, 02:54 AM
  5. AMIR KHAN TO FIGHT ON HBO!!!
    By BrooklyniteQueen in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-02-2007, 07:50 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Boxing Hompage | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Video Clips | Boxing Forum | Boxing Downloads| Boxing Twitter | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Quiz | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Betting Odds | Boxers Records | Auctions | Fun and Games | Articles on Boxing | World News | Earn Money from your Website | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2017 Saddo Boxing - Disclaimer l Boxing