Boxing Forums

.
.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 54
Khan v Peterson April 16th M.E.N Arena, Manchester, England..
Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    skel1983 is offline Forum Greatest Of All Time Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    8,641
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    943
    Cool Clicks
    151

    Default Khan v Peterson April 16th M.E.N Arena, Manchester, England..

    Looks like this is what is going down.

  2. #2
    boxingbantz is offline aka Koppas Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    464
    Cool Clicks
    91

    Default Re: Khan v Peterson April 16th M.E.N Arena, Manchester, England..

    That's one fight I won't be parting £15 for.
    Hidden Content

    www.twitter.com/BoxingBantz

  3. #3
    Gandalf is offline Forum Greatest Of All Time Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    37,811
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2871
    Cool Clicks
    1176

    Default Re: Khan v Peterson April 16th M.E.N Arena, Manchester, England..

    Peterson was totally outclassed by Bradley and extremely lucky to get a draw against Ortiz. Sounds about right for a ''come back home'' fight. Save the good stuff for across the Atlantic, eh Khan? And on the way get in the way of a HW megafight too.

    The audacity of that young man!

  4. #4
    Ant Live is offline Forum P4P Champ Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    801
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    325
    Cool Clicks
    27

    Default Re: Khan v Peterson April 16th M.E.N Arena, Manchester, England..

    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Peterson was totally outclassed by Bradley and extremely lucky to get a draw against Ortiz. Sounds about right for a ''come back home'' fight. Save the good stuff for across the Atlantic, eh Khan? And on the way get in the way of a HW megafight too.

    The audacity of that young man!
    I like Peterson, but you right. Seems like he's only a B level fighter, and won't get over the hump. He will be a tough fight for any opponent, but don't have the polish skills or the KO power to get to the next level.
    I'm not sure if Khan has KO power, but the body shot he put on MM was vicious. What I do know is, if he gets hits flush, his gameplan changes.

    It's not a PPV fight but interesting to see what each of them bring to the fight.

  5. #5
    generalbulldog is offline Shah Khan Array
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Boonies
    Posts
    4,103
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    517
    Cool Clicks
    220

    Default Re: Khan v Peterson April 16th M.E.N Arena, Manchester, England..

    So this is the "great" matchup that held up the most important HW fight in a decade?

  6. #6
    TheMacMagician is offline Always On The Grind Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,035
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    467
    Cool Clicks
    59

    Default Re: Khan v Peterson April 16th M.E.N Arena, Manchester, England..

    Decent stay busy fight, but not a huge fight for him to bring home to his adoring british public..... I'd rather watch Khan Maidana II at the MEN.....

    I just get this felling that if Judah beats Mabuza that we'll be seeing Judah vs Khan after Peterson too and not vs the Bradley/Alexander winner. Something tells me I might be right for once.
    Last edited by TheMacMagician; 01-07-2011 at 09:08 AM.

  7. #7
    bzkfn is offline Forum Greatest Of All Time Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    6,156
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    965
    Cool Clicks
    186

    Default Re: Khan v Peterson April 16th M.E.N Arena, Manchester, England..

    This has been mentioned so many times now by Golden Boy and Khan that I'll be stunned if this doesn't get made. Like others have said though I can't get my head around this holding up a Wlad vs. Haye fight. Still, I guess Khan has the same date reserved with HBO and Sky probably didn't want to piss Khan off for future business so I guess I see Sky's perspective. Like Mac said though, If Judah wins the IBF, I wouldn't be stunned if he was next and not the Bradley/Alexander winner.

  8. #8
    porkypara is offline OLD GUARD since 2004!!! Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,838
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1077
    Cool Clicks
    42

    Default Re: Khan v Peterson April 16th M.E.N Arena, Manchester, England..

    Dont blame Khan for taking an easy fight as long as he is willing to take on the big names as well.

    I just hope SKY tv dont insult our inteligence and try and pass this off as some type of mega fight.

    But then again anything can happen i boxing and if Khan is caught right I still feel he will go!
    Balls

  9. #9
    bzkfn is offline Forum Greatest Of All Time Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    6,156
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    965
    Cool Clicks
    186

    Default Re: Khan v Peterson April 16th M.E.N Arena, Manchester, England..

    Quote Originally Posted by porkypara View Post
    Dont blame Khan for taking an easy fight as long as he is willing to take on the big names as well.

    I just hope SKY tv dont insult our inteligence and try and pass this off as some type of mega fight.

    But then again anything can happen i boxing and if Khan is caught right I still feel he will go!
    This isn't an easy fight at all. I don't think anyone has suggested that. Peterson is a very capable boxer. Most people's gripe is that the fight isn't exactly necessary to hold up a mega fight like Wlad vs. Haye.

  10. #10
    porkypara is offline OLD GUARD since 2004!!! Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,838
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1077
    Cool Clicks
    42

    Default Re: Khan v Peterson April 16th M.E.N Arena, Manchester, England..

    Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by porkypara View Post
    Dont blame Khan for taking an easy fight as long as he is willing to take on the big names as well.

    I just hope SKY tv dont insult our inteligence and try and pass this off as some type of mega fight.

    But then again anything can happen i boxing and if Khan is caught right I still feel he will go!
    This isn't an easy fight at all. I don't think anyone has suggested that. Peterson is a very capable boxer. Most people's gripe is that the fight isn't exactly necessary to hold up a mega fight like Wlad vs. Haye.
    Maybe easy was not the best way to put it.

    Sky are all about money at the end of the day.There must be a good reason this fight is happening rather than the Haye Klit fight.

    Have ot got a F$%king clue what that reason is though...
    Balls

  11. #11
    ono
    ono is offline Old Guard Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    8,410
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    949
    Cool Clicks
    198

    Default Re: Khan v Peterson April 16th M.E.N Arena, Manchester, England..

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMagician View Post
    Decent stay busy fight, but not a huge fight for him to bring home to his adoring british public..... I'd rather watch Khan Maidana II at the MEN.....

    I just get this felling that if Judah beats Mabuza that we'll be seeing Judah vs Khan after Peterson too and not vs the Bradley/Alexander winner. Something tells me I might be right for once.
    I read a while ago that there was a rematch clause inserted into the Bradley - Alexander fight by both fighters, so it's likely that they will be busy until the back end of 2011 anyway.

    So it makes sense for Khan to beat Peterson and then cash in against Judah. I mean he's already beaten Kotelnik, Malignaggi and Maidana so he doesn't have loads of options unless he rematches either Prescott or Maidana.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

  12. #12
    ono
    ono is offline Old Guard Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    8,410
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    949
    Cool Clicks
    198

    Default Re: Khan v Peterson April 16th M.E.N Arena, Manchester, England..

    Quote Originally Posted by porkypara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by porkypara View Post
    Dont blame Khan for taking an easy fight as long as he is willing to take on the big names as well.

    I just hope SKY tv dont insult our inteligence and try and pass this off as some type of mega fight.

    But then again anything can happen i boxing and if Khan is caught right I still feel he will go!
    This isn't an easy fight at all. I don't think anyone has suggested that. Peterson is a very capable boxer. Most people's gripe is that the fight isn't exactly necessary to hold up a mega fight like Wlad vs. Haye.
    Maybe easy was not the best way to put it.

    Sky are all about money at the end of the day.There must be a good reason this fight is happening rather than the Haye Klit fight.

    Have ot got a F$%king clue what that reason is though...
    The good reason is simple...

    Khan has the tv date with Sky and HBO. Changing to a different date which suits both networks aswell as suiting Khan and his opponent (Peterson in this case) is difficult.

    Haye and Wladimir have supposedly been fighting each other for 18 months. I don't blame Sky for not messing Khan about to put on a fight which may or may not end up taking place.

    And also, in the long run it makes better financial sense for Sky.

    Think about it - Haye - Klitschko PPV

    or

    Chisora - Klitschko PPV

    Haye - TBA PPV

    Haye - Klitschko PPV

    I know which option i'd go for if i was top brass at Sky. And it would be option that doesn't piss their only other PPV star off.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

  13. #13
    Ant Live is offline Forum P4P Champ Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    801
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    325
    Cool Clicks
    27

    Default Re: Khan v Peterson April 16th M.E.N Arena, Manchester, England..

    Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMagician View Post
    Decent stay busy fight, but not a huge fight for him to bring home to his adoring british public..... I'd rather watch Khan Maidana II at the MEN.....

    I just get this felling that if Judah beats Mabuza that we'll be seeing Judah vs Khan after Peterson too and not vs the Bradley/Alexander winner. Something tells me I might be right for once.
    I read a while ago that there was a rematch clause inserted into the Bradley - Alexander fight by both fighters, so it's likely that they will be busy until the back end of 2011 anyway.

    So it makes sense for Khan to beat Peterson and then cash in against Judah. I mean he's already beaten Kotelnik, Malignaggi and Maidana so he doesn't have loads of options unless he rematches either Prescott or Maidana.
    I'd said this before. Judah is going to get a title and become interesting to Pacman. If Judah wins this IBF title, look for Judah vs Pacman. Judah has a name and can say he gave Mayweather a tough 4 rounds. Plus he brings a glass chin!!!
    If not Pacman, Judah vs JMM is going down.
    Last edited by Ant Live; 01-07-2011 at 02:05 PM.

  14. #14
    Rantcatrat is offline Up-and-Coming Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,758
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    863
    Cool Clicks
    306

    Default Re: Khan v Peterson April 16th M.E.N Arena, Manchester, England..

    It's a good stay busy fight. Peterson hung in there versus Ortiz and looked good in spots. Khan should beat him easily, but there aren't many out there Khan won't beat easily. Why not Ortiz? GB not ready to put him in that tough yet?

  15. #15
    boxingbantz is offline aka Koppas Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    464
    Cool Clicks
    91

    Default Re: Khan v Peterson April 16th M.E.N Arena, Manchester, England..

    If Khan vs Peterson is PPV, Chisora vs Wlad won't be.
    Hidden Content

    www.twitter.com/BoxingBantz

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 69
    Last Post: 01-06-2011, 04:20 AM
  2. Khan v Paulie 0245 live ITV1 16TH May 2010.
    By skel1983 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 06:02 PM
  3. Haye v Ruiz M.E.N Arena Sky Box Office 3rd April
    By skel1983 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-29-2010, 01:41 PM
  4. Haye v Ruiz O2 arena April 3rd 2010
    By skel1983 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 11:41 PM
  5. Lamont Peterson-Amir khan
    By Tam Seddon in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2006, 01:26 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing Hompage | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Video Clips | Boxing Forum | Boxing Downloads| Boxing Twitter | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Quiz | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Betting Odds | Boxers Records | Auctions | Fun and Games | Articles on Boxing | World News | Earn Money from your Website | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2016 Saddo Boxing - Disclaimer l Boxing