Boxing Forums

.
.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
Marquez to have a tune up fight prior to Pac war 3
Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Gandalf is offline Forum Greatest Of All Time Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    37,811
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2871
    Cool Clicks
    1176

    Default Marquez to have a tune up fight prior to Pac war 3

    Marquez Hoping for Tune-Up Fight in Mexico | 3 More Rounds

    This seems like a great idea to me. Marquez has been in hibernation since his last fight, so a tune up sounds ideal. I really hope this comes off, it would set the tone brilliantly if he were to stop Diaz.

  2. #2
    marbleheadmaui is offline Laugh and Learn Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,829
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    345
    Cool Clicks
    275

    Default Re: Marquez to have a tune up fight prior to Pac war 3

    It IS a really good idea. What JMM ought to do is fight Diaz at whatever weight he plans to show up to fight Manny so he gets used to what he can, and cannot, do with his body at that weight.
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

  3. #3
    Gandalf is offline Forum Greatest Of All Time Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    37,811
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2871
    Cool Clicks
    1176

    Default Re: Marquez to have a tune up fight prior to Pac war 3

    Quote Originally Posted by marbleheadmaui View Post
    It IS a really good idea. What JMM ought to do is fight Diaz at whatever weight he plans to show up to fight Manny so he gets used to what he can, and cannot, do with his body at that weight.
    Totally, they might as well have it at 140 or even higher. Marquez needs to show that he looks okay at the weight, but it would have been even nicer to see him fight a proper JWW.

  4. #4
    miron_lang is offline Forum Greatest Of All Time Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,824
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    766
    Cool Clicks
    49

    Default Re: Marquez to have a tune up fight prior to Pac war 3

    Juan Manuel Lopez was stopped by Salido
    and Vasquez was also stopped by Arce


    Both fights are huge UPSETS so much more than Diaz beating Marquez.


    It would be messy if Diaz is able to ambush Marquez

  5. #5
    Gandalf is offline Forum Greatest Of All Time Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    37,811
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2871
    Cool Clicks
    1176

    Default Re: Marquez to have a tune up fight prior to Pac war 3

    Quote Originally Posted by miron_lang View Post
    Juan Manuel Lopez was stopped by Salido
    and Vasquez was also stopped by Arce


    Both fights are huge UPSETS so much more than Diaz beating Marquez.


    It would be messy if Diaz is able to ambush Marquez
    Marquez knocking out Manny Pac is the upset I am waiting for!

  6. #6
    miron_lang is offline Forum Greatest Of All Time Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,824
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    766
    Cool Clicks
    49

    Default Re: Marquez to have a tune up fight prior to Pac war 3

    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miron_lang View Post
    Juan Manuel Lopez was stopped by Salido
    and Vasquez was also stopped by Arce


    Both fights are huge UPSETS so much more than Diaz beating Marquez.


    It would be messy if Diaz is able to ambush Marquez
    Marquez knocking out Manny Pac is the upset I am waiting for!

    I know that

    Its just another deservice to Pacquiao if it happens

    - Barrera throws the green belt in the garbage can before facing Pac. denying a 'legit' alphabet in Pac 's resume at 126

    - Hatton not going for Malinaggi's IBF belt before being KTFO by Pac, again denying a legit alphabet at 140.


    thus the British would say '6 division Champion' because of the absence of the alphabets at 126 and 140.


    Just for records purposes

  7. #7
    Gandalf is offline Forum Greatest Of All Time Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    37,811
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2871
    Cool Clicks
    1176

    Default Re: Marquez to have a tune up fight prior to Pac war 3

    Marquez by KO is probably just wishful thinking and I am not happy with the CW, but I really hope that Marquez can at least test Manny. That's all you can ask really.

  8. #8
    miron_lang is offline Forum Greatest Of All Time Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,824
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    766
    Cool Clicks
    49

    Default Re: Marquez to have a tune up fight prior to Pac war 3

    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Marquez by KO is probably just wishful thinking and I am not happy with the CW, but I really hope that Marquez can at least test Manny. That's all you can ask really.
    I AM SURE THIS WILL BE A CLOSE FIGHT AGAIN. Actually after their 2nd FIGHT ALL fights have been ROUTS for PAC hardly losing a round. while he lost more rounds than he won againts JMM in 24 rounds.



    'KONTRA PELO' is how we call it.

  9. #9
    generalbulldog is offline Shah Khan Array
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Boonies
    Posts
    4,103
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    517
    Cool Clicks
    220

    Default Re: Marquez to have a tune up fight prior to Pac war 3

    Quote Originally Posted by miron_lang View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Marquez by KO is probably just wishful thinking and I am not happy with the CW, but I really hope that Marquez can at least test Manny. That's all you can ask really.
    I AM SURE THIS WILL BE A CLOSE FIGHT AGAIN. Actually after their 2nd FIGHT ALL fights have been ROUTS for PAC hardly losing a round. while he lost more rounds than he won againts JMM in 24 rounds.



    'KONTRA PELO' is how we call it.
    I thought "putang ina mo" is how you call it?

  10. #10
    miron_lang is offline Forum Greatest Of All Time Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,824
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    766
    Cool Clicks
    49

    Default Re: Marquez to have a tune up fight prior to Pac war 3

    Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post

    I thought "putang ina mo" is how you call it?
    That one is for Roger and Sr.

  11. #11
    Rantcatrat is offline Up-and-Coming Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,758
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    863
    Cool Clicks
    306

    Default Re: Marquez to have a tune up fight prior to Pac war 3

    Quote Originally Posted by marbleheadmaui View Post
    It IS a really good idea. What JMM ought to do is fight Diaz at whatever weight he plans to show up to fight Manny so he gets used to what he can, and cannot, do with his body at that weight.
    This is exactly right. He really should be fighting a junior welterweight or a welterweight in preparation for a fight against an ATG at 145, not Diaz who is 2-2 in his last four fights, at 135.

  12. #12
    Ant Live is offline Forum P4P Champ Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    801
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    325
    Cool Clicks
    27

    Default Re: Marquez to have a tune up fight prior to Pac war 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marbleheadmaui View Post
    It IS a really good idea. What JMM ought to do is fight Diaz at whatever weight he plans to show up to fight Manny so he gets used to what he can, and cannot, do with his body at that weight.
    This is exactly right. He really should be fighting a junior welterweight or a welterweight in preparation for a fight against an ATG at 145, not Diaz who is 2-2 in his last four fights, at 135.
    This fight is all WRONG!!!
    Judah should be the fight!!! HELL, if Bradley don't fight Khan, it should be him(Bradley). I even go with Maidana. I'll even go with Morales or Lamont Peterson. But Diaz? I guess he's getting with the Pacman show and fighting opponents that was already beaten by a protential future opponent, to say I did better then you. (i.e. Mosley, Hatton, DLH to Floyd)
    JMM is a professional. So I gotta believe that JMM will come ready to fight at his highest level. But looking past anyone in the boxing ring, have a bad smell to it. Another upset in the making. But I am glad he's staying active. I hope he wins but . . .
    Last edited by Ant Live; 05-12-2011 at 05:24 PM.

  13. #13
    brocktonblockbust is online now Forum Greatest Of All Time Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ex'way to your Skull
    Posts
    15,170
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    937
    Cool Clicks
    486

    Default Re: Marquez to have a tune up fight prior to Pac war 3

    marquez is a shot, used up, over the hill fighter, who will probably get sliced up so bad against Pac that the ref will stop the fight by the 5th round's conclusion.

  14. #14
    marbleheadmaui is offline Laugh and Learn Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,829
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    345
    Cool Clicks
    275

    Default Re: Marquez to have a tune up fight prior to Pac war 3

    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marbleheadmaui View Post
    It IS a really good idea. What JMM ought to do is fight Diaz at whatever weight he plans to show up to fight Manny so he gets used to what he can, and cannot, do with his body at that weight.
    Totally, they might as well have it at 140 or even higher. Marquez needs to show that he looks okay at the weight, but it would have been even nicer to see him fight a proper JWW.
    Tune ups are fine with me.
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

  15. #15
    marbleheadmaui is offline Laugh and Learn Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,829
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    345
    Cool Clicks
    275

    Default Re: Marquez to have a tune up fight prior to Pac war 3

    Quote Originally Posted by miron_lang View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miron_lang View Post
    Juan Manuel Lopez was stopped by Salido
    and Vasquez was also stopped by Arce


    Both fights are huge UPSETS so much more than Diaz beating Marquez.


    It would be messy if Diaz is able to ambush Marquez
    Marquez knocking out Manny Pac is the upset I am waiting for!

    I know that

    Its just another deservice to Pacquiao if it happens

    - Barrera throws the green belt in the garbage can before facing Pac. denying a 'legit' alphabet in Pac 's resume at 126

    - Hatton not going for Malinaggi's IBF belt before being KTFO by Pac, again denying a legit alphabet at 140.


    thus the British would say '6 division Champion' because of the absence of the alphabets at 126 and 140.


    Just for records purposes
    Then the Brits are REALLY nuts. 126 and 140 were THE MAN championships (as were 112 and probably 130). The straps at 122, 135 and 147? So much bullspit.
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. If ever Pac gets a tune up fight
    By Julius Rain in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-15-2010, 09:48 AM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-22-2009, 12:43 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-21-2009, 12:37 AM
  4. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 01:24 AM
  5. Who should Vitali fight for tune up?
    By Elephant Beer in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-08-2007, 06:49 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing Hompage | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Video Clips | Boxing Forum | Boxing Downloads| Boxing Twitter | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Quiz | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Betting Odds | Boxers Records | Auctions | Fun and Games | Articles on Boxing | World News | Earn Money from your Website | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2016 Saddo Boxing - Disclaimer l Boxing