Boxing Forums

.
.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
The Tricks
Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    marbleheadmaui is offline Laugh and Learn Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,829
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    345
    Cool Clicks
    275

    Default The Tricks

    How does Bernard stretch the rules? Let me count the ways!

    -A thumb in the eye
    -Kidney shots when the ref's view is blocked
    -Low blows not hard enough to cause a stoppage, but hard enough to, ahem, get one's attention
    -Grinding one's chin into the shoulder of the foe during clinches
    -Holding onto clinches with the arm opposite the ref to burn some clock
    -Using the top of the head as a ram
    -Spinning the foe and hitting him from behind

    The guy is a frakkin genius!
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

  2. #2
    No Contest is offline Forum Wiseass Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    None of your buisness.
    Posts
    7,691
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1333
    Cool Clicks
    176

    Default Re: The Tricks

    Bernard is no angel, but he won a clean fight, and if anything I noticed Pascal likes to hit behind the head whenever possible.

  3. #3
    marbleheadmaui is offline Laugh and Learn Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,829
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    345
    Cool Clicks
    275

    Default Re: The Tricks

    Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    Bernard is no angel, but he won a clean fight, and if anything I noticed Pascal likes to hit behind the head whenever possible.
    Come on, he's the most intelligent bender of the rules since Roberto Duran! I'm not knocking the guy. I think it's a legit element at this level.
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

  4. #4
    No Contest is offline Forum Wiseass Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    None of your buisness.
    Posts
    7,691
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1333
    Cool Clicks
    176

    Default Re: The Tricks

    You saying he did all those things against Pascal, because all I saw was possible kidney shot in the clinch. Pascal was a lil obvious trying to use the head once they had clinched. But I didnt see B-Hop putting his head down like a ram, like he has done in the past. Pascal was the one holding when the ref called break. Pascal was the one hitting behind the head in close. I missed the last 2 rounds, but B-Hop fought a pretty clean fight to me.

  5. #5
    marbleheadmaui is offline Laugh and Learn Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,829
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    345
    Cool Clicks
    275

    Default Re: The Tricks

    Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    You saying he did all those things against Pascal, because all I saw was possible kidney shot in the clinch. Pascal was a lil obvious trying to use the head once they had clinched. But I didnt see B-Hop putting his head down like a ram, like he has done in the past. Pascal was the one holding when the ref called break. Pascal was the one hitting behind the head in close. I missed the last 2 rounds, but B-Hop fought a pretty clean fight to me.
    He did every one of the things I listed at least once tonight.
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

  6. #6
    mafiajoey is offline Banned Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks
    12

    Default Re: The Tricks

    Looks like its "Trolling" time in maui

    Tonight Pascal was the dirtier fighter by a landslide

  7. #7
    No Contest is offline Forum Wiseass Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    None of your buisness.
    Posts
    7,691
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1333
    Cool Clicks
    176

    Default Re: The Tricks

    What did you see Pascal do? Just curious. I think you may be hyper sensitive to policing B-Hop. I didnt see any thumb to the eye. Low blows, grind his chin in his shoulder? You may be exaggerating what basically every boxer does. Spinning a foe and hitting him from behind? Hmm maybe thats just called good footwork. Pascal like to lunge and he's not always in control of where he ends up after a punch.

  8. #8
    Spicoli is offline Just a dude in blue. Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    31,236
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4445
    Cool Clicks
    973

    Default Re: The Tricks

    I saw Pascal get dropped twice, but ref was lapse on rules so he didnt call it. Kinda like a blind side low blow I guess

  9. #9
    Howlin Mad Missy is offline A demon in my belly Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    19,011
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1511
    Cool Clicks
    268

    Default Re: The Tricks

    Quote Originally Posted by marbleheadmaui View Post
    How does Bernard stretch the rules? Let me count the ways!

    -A thumb in the eye
    -Kidney shots when the ref's view is blocked
    -Low blows not hard enough to cause a stoppage, but hard enough to, ahem, get one's attention
    -Grinding one's chin into the shoulder of the foe during clinches
    -Holding onto clinches with the arm opposite the ref to burn some clock
    -Using the top of the head as a ram
    -Spinning the foe and hitting him from behind

    The guy is a frakkin genius!

    or a dirty cheating bastard...
    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content
    Hoist me from the herd and
    People are the same everywhere

    Here in our loveless nation
    We're all in a rush to find a lovers touch
    And when it's found you wonder
    Why it meant so much

  10. #10
    Snakey is offline Old Guard Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    9,616
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    962
    Cool Clicks
    62

    Default Re: The Tricks

    Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marbleheadmaui View Post
    How does Bernard stretch the rules? Let me count the ways!

    -A thumb in the eye
    -Kidney shots when the ref's view is blocked
    -Low blows not hard enough to cause a stoppage, but hard enough to, ahem, get one's attention
    -Grinding one's chin into the shoulder of the foe during clinches
    -Holding onto clinches with the arm opposite the ref to burn some clock
    -Using the top of the head as a ram
    -Spinning the foe and hitting him from behind

    The guy is a frakkin genius!

    or a dirty cheating bastard...
    Or Ricky Hatton
    Hidden Content

    Please see above for my opinion

  11. #11
    Howlin Mad Missy is offline A demon in my belly Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    19,011
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1511
    Cool Clicks
    268

    Default Re: The Tricks

    Quote Originally Posted by Snakey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marbleheadmaui View Post
    How does Bernard stretch the rules? Let me count the ways!

    -A thumb in the eye
    -Kidney shots when the ref's view is blocked
    -Low blows not hard enough to cause a stoppage, but hard enough to, ahem, get one's attention
    -Grinding one's chin into the shoulder of the foe during clinches
    -Holding onto clinches with the arm opposite the ref to burn some clock
    -Using the top of the head as a ram
    -Spinning the foe and hitting him from behind

    The guy is a frakkin genius!

    or a dirty cheating bastard...
    Or Ricky Hatton
    oh well! that's ok then
    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content
    Hoist me from the herd and
    People are the same everywhere

    Here in our loveless nation
    We're all in a rush to find a lovers touch
    And when it's found you wonder
    Why it meant so much

  12. #12
    marbleheadmaui is offline Laugh and Learn Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,829
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    345
    Cool Clicks
    275

    Default Re: The Tricks

    Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    What did you see Pascal do? Just curious. I think you may be hyper sensitive to policing B-Hop. I didnt see any thumb to the eye. Low blows, grind his chin in his shoulder? You may be exaggerating what basically every boxer does. Spinning a foe and hitting him from behind? Hmm maybe thats just called good footwork. Pascal like to lunge and he's not always in control of where he ends up after a punch.

    Again you are thinking I am berating BHOP when the opposite is true! If you didn't see a thumb you weren't paying attention. It was replayed and Stewart commented on it several times.
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

  13. #13
    marbleheadmaui is offline Laugh and Learn Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,829
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    345
    Cool Clicks
    275

    Default Re: The Tricks

    Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marbleheadmaui View Post
    How does Bernard stretch the rules? Let me count the ways!

    -A thumb in the eye
    -Kidney shots when the ref's view is blocked
    -Low blows not hard enough to cause a stoppage, but hard enough to, ahem, get one's attention
    -Grinding one's chin into the shoulder of the foe during clinches
    -Holding onto clinches with the arm opposite the ref to burn some clock
    -Using the top of the head as a ram
    -Spinning the foe and hitting him from behind

    The guy is a frakkin genius!

    or a dirty cheating bastard...
    It's an inconsistency in my thinking. I am generally an obey the rules guy. But I think in the most brutal of sports, boxing, football (the one where people don't pretend to have no arms) there is such a thing as gamesmanship that recongizes the primitive kind of competition we are seeing.
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

  14. #14
    marbleheadmaui is offline Laugh and Learn Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,829
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    345
    Cool Clicks
    275

    Default Re: The Tricks

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I saw Pascal get dropped twice, but ref was lapse on rules so he didnt call it. Kinda like a blind side low blow I guess
    Even BHOP said those were slips.
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

  15. #15
    Spicoli is offline Just a dude in blue. Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    31,236
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4445
    Cool Clicks
    973

    Default Re: The Tricks

    Quote Originally Posted by marbleheadmaui View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I saw Pascal get dropped twice, but ref was lapse on rules so he didnt call it. Kinda like a blind side low blow I guess
    Even BHOP said those were slips.
    He also said Pascal had what it took to be a legend , or was it hall of famer ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. bbc up to there old tricks
    By Drago in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-12-2010, 11:30 AM
  2. Magic tricks for beginners
    By Douglas in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-05-2008, 06:15 AM
  3. Tricks of the Trade
    By hardrock in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-10-2007, 09:39 PM
  4. Tricks Of The Trade?
    By TheSilverBoy in forum Ask the Trainer
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-22-2006, 01:16 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing Hompage | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Video Clips | Boxing Forum | Boxing Downloads| Boxing Twitter | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Quiz | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Betting Odds | Boxers Records | Auctions | Fun and Games | Articles on Boxing | World News | Earn Money from your Website | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2016 Saddo Boxing - Disclaimer l Boxing