Boxing Forums

.
.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 48

Thread: Who is going to pay for BOX NATION when it stops being freeview?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    589
    Cool Clicks
    2

    Default Re: Who is going to pay for BOX NATION when it stops being freeview?

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I cannot afford to pay so it does bother me, but I stopped subscribing to sky a while back so it will be from that money I have saved I will be using to watch boxnation, not from the fund that feeds the kids.
    I think I'm right in saying you have Virgin instead of Sky. Can't get Virgin where I live but is it that much cheaper for the equivalent package?
    They are all doing deals now, so it depends on what works for you. I have the bundle phone,internet,XL TV package which includes Europsort and ESPN (and kids stuff like Ben 10 for the children) for £48 + calls which is normally another £10 a month. That works for me but sky do bundle packages too as do BT.
    Thanks, sounds pretty similar to Sky pricing for what your getting. I get the full Sky package plus HD add on and broadband for £60 ish a month. Previously I was on a family pack with just sp1 and broadband and it was £32 a month. Would go back to that plus boxnation if things got tight again.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    40,256
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2331
    Cool Clicks
    1522

    Default Re: Who is going to pay for BOX NATION when it stops being freeview?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I cannot afford to pay so it does bother me, but I stopped subscribing to sky a while back so it will be from that money I have saved I will be using to watch boxnation, not from the fund that feeds the kids.
    I think I'm right in saying you have Virgin instead of Sky. Can't get Virgin where I live but is it that much cheaper for the equivalent package?
    They are all doing deals now, so it depends on what works for you. I have the bundle phone,internet,XL TV package which includes Europsort and ESPN (and kids stuff like Ben 10 for the children) for £48 + calls which is normally another £10 a month. That works for me but sky do bundle packages too as do BT.
    Thanks, sounds pretty similar to Sky pricing for what your getting. I get the full Sky package plus HD add on and broadband for £60 ish a month. Previously I was on a family pack with just sp1 and broadband and it was £32 a month. Would go back to that plus boxnation if things got tight again.
    Yes get the HD too and the box that records but yes decisions to pay the bills or watch the boxing?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    6,732
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1366
    Cool Clicks
    205

    Default Re: Who is going to pay for BOX NATION when it stops being freeview?

    I know what Tam and the other guys are saying - yes £10 is fuck all and I wouldn't bat an eyelid at paying three times that for a round of drinks on a night out , but with TV its now the principle for me.

    I am not being held to ransom by these different tv companies and channels etc.. just so more money gets pumped into the game and the fighters, footballers can have bigger fucking pay packets . I refuse to get ESPN, haven't paid for a Primetime fight yet and am pretty certain I won't be getting Boxnation.


    Thats the issue guys - not the £10
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks
    0

    Default Re: Who is going to pay for BOX NATION when it stops being freeview?

    Thanks for all...

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    6,732
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1366
    Cool Clicks
    205

    Default Re: Who is going to pay for BOX NATION when it stops being freeview?

    Quote Originally Posted by thomastandon View Post
    Thanks for all...
    its a pleasure - and thanks for your post too
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Southport
    Posts
    8,177
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1402
    Cool Clicks
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    I know what Tam and the other guys are saying - yes £10 is fuck all and I wouldn't bat an eyelid at paying three times that for a round of drinks on a night out , but with TV its now the principle for me.

    I am not being held to ransom by these different tv companies and channels etc.. just so more money gets pumped into the game and the fighters, footballers can have bigger fucking pay packets . I refuse to get ESPN, haven't paid for a Primetime fight yet and am pretty certain I won't be getting Boxnation.


    Thats the issue guys - not the £10
    I understand what your saying too mark, but the promoters and tv companies don't give a shit do they? And the only way we can watch legitamate boxing is to pay for it. Annoying as it is, we have no choice.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    8,080
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    466
    Cool Clicks
    445

    Default Re: Who is going to pay for BOX NATION when it stops being freeview?

    Is this what we all have to look forward to PPV, for all sport people's greed for money very sad for all the way, I look at, make a liveing not a killing. at this moment in time there is not a lot of money spare
    So 1 prime ppv and boxnation 25pound in a month sorry forgot about ESPN call it 35 pound

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    686
    Cool Clicks
    0

    Default Re: Who is going to pay for BOX NATION when it stops being freeview?

    I wish they would do this with cricket too! Then I would dump Sky and kiss goodbye to the joke that is football!!!
    Box Nation works out quite good if you look at it on a daily budget!
    This signiture is up as ante in a 'sig-bet'. Wanna bet anyone?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    40,256
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2331
    Cool Clicks
    1522

    Default Re: Who is going to pay for BOX NATION when it stops being freeview?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_T View Post
    I wish they would do this with cricket too! Then I would dump Sky and kiss goodbye to the joke that is football!!!
    Box Nation works out quite good if you look at it on a daily budget!
    Agreed Sky is a rip off and the Premiere League football is a joke.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    8,080
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    466
    Cool Clicks
    445

    Default Re: Who is going to pay for BOX NATION when it stops being freeview?

    My lad has just got me boxnation I am well pleased.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    12,841
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    727
    Cool Clicks
    761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    My lad has just got me boxnation I am well pleased.
    Cool, it's worth it mate. I find the coverage quite old school, bit like world of sport crossed with grandstand, and you get virtually everything sky doesn't. So win, win.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    40,256
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2331
    Cool Clicks
    1522

    Default Re: Who is going to pay for BOX NATION when it stops being freeview?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    My lad has just got me boxnation I am well pleased.
    Welcome to endless repeats but they are starting to show old fights like Benn v Eubanks v Galzahghe.

    Also the big one May 5th.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,239
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    476
    Cool Clicks
    193

    Default Re: Who is going to pay for BOX NATION when it stops being freeview?

    i like it and im glad i bought it

    a tenner int much is it really
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    37,505
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2855
    Cool Clicks
    1176

    Default Re: Who is going to pay for BOX NATION when it stops being freeview?

    How does Box Nation work? I am coming home for a fair while this summer and there is no way for me to follow fights as I will be lacking a computer. How do you set it up and just how does it work. I really don't want to miss fights for nigh on 2 months and would like to watch at home.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,239
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    476
    Cool Clicks
    193

    Default Re: Who is going to pay for BOX NATION when it stops being freeview?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    How does Box Nation work? I am coming home for a fair while this summer and there is no way for me to follow fights as I will be lacking a computer. How do you set it up and just how does it work. I really don't want to miss fights for nigh on 2 months and would like to watch at home.

    the good thing about fight night is they start broadcasting at the start of the card so you get to see all of the undercard

    you can usually watch the majority of the undercard for free and then it will go off half an hour before the main event
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Melbourne Cup - Race that stops a nation. Fact.
    By Fenster in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-04-2011, 12:28 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-16-2011, 08:54 PM
  3. Wussie Nation
    By Trainer Monkey in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-09-2008, 10:12 AM
  4. For those in the uk that only have freeview
    By Tito BHB in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-30-2007, 04:20 PM
  5. new site GOT FREEVIEW? free setanta codes for spl
    By the_budweiser in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-03-2006, 05:46 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Boxing Hompage | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Video Clips | Boxing Forum | Boxing Downloads| Boxing Twitter | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Quiz | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Betting Odds | Boxers Records | Auctions | Fun and Games | Articles on Boxing | World News | Earn Money from your Website | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2016 Saddo Boxing - Disclaimer l Boxing