Boxing Forums

.
.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Compubox is sh*t

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Wroclaw
    Posts
    1,379
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    656
    Cool Clicks
    45

    Default Compubox is sh*t

    It just seems rigged in the Cotto- PBF fight

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,011
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    253
    Cool Clicks
    82

    Default Re: Compubox is sh*t

    Remember there's little 'computer' in compubox, its three people scoring each shot that they believe made contact, if a shot does infact make contact and not all three observers mark it as such it is marked as missed.

    Therefore its not surprising that sometimes the numbers seem odd to people who are watching it on tv.

  3. #3
    ICB Guest

    Default Re: Compubox is sh*t

    Quote Originally Posted by gest12645 View Post
    It just seems rigged in the Cotto- PBF fight

    What were they ?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    london
    Posts
    4,549
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    554
    Cool Clicks
    157

    Default

    Come on fella, Cotto won at least 4 rounds.
    Give floyd his due. He was bleeding and bruised but was still stayed on the ropes to fight cottos fight at his weight!
    There both champions.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Wroclaw
    Posts
    1,379
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    656
    Cool Clicks
    45

    Default Re: Compubox is sh*t

    I saw Floyd winning the fight 115-113 but compubox seemed really unreliable. Just like one person mentioned, it is people who are controling compubox and fans shouldnt backup on it as much as HBO does

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,384
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    433
    Cool Clicks
    205

    Default Re: Compubox is sh*t

    floyd hit cotto alot.

    thats why cotto was tired in the 10th, wobbled in the 11th and staggered in the 12th.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,369
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    944
    Cool Clicks
    284

    Default Re: Compubox is sh*t

    Quote Originally Posted by gest12645 View Post
    I saw Floyd winning the fight 115-113 but compubox seemed really unreliable. Just like one person mentioned, it is people who are controling compubox and fans shouldnt backup on it as much as HBO does
    The whole thing is rigged honestly, HBO are deplorable and have become so bias lately I can't stand them. From Ledderman's inane scorecards that dramatically favor the house fighter to Lampley's incessant talking during any sort of offense from the underdog, its all fairly predetermined outside of a KO upset or one honest judge fouling the whole circus up.

    Its disgusting really.

    The record will read that Mayweather won by 10 rounds to 2, and 9-3, when what really happened was a different story all together. A close, tough, great fight.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,001
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    298
    Cool Clicks
    63

    Default Re: Compubox is sh*t

    I have no idea how reliable compubox is for every fight.

    But for the Kirkland Angulo war, they had Angulo's punches attempted in the first round at least 40 punches too low.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    30,910
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4427
    Cool Clicks
    973

    Default Re: Compubox is sh*t

    Compu box is pretty meaningless. Its a couple of guys hitting buttons and thats called amateur judging. Same with HBO's dumbass crash test dummy figure they use now that shows where they landed...eye candy. If you want to count punches watch the Olympic bouts at 3 am. If your an unbiased fan you can watch a round and see effective punching and block out group think.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    988
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    295
    Cool Clicks
    62

    Default Re: Compubox is sh*t

    I try and ignore it.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free



    Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,384
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    433
    Cool Clicks
    205

    Default Re: Compubox is sh*t

    they needed an Arm Punch catagory for mosely last night.

    dude didn't even try to land with power for at least 3/4 of the fight.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,369
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    944
    Cool Clicks
    284

    Default Re: Compubox is sh*t

    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    they needed an Arm Punch catagory for mosely last night.

    dude didn't even try to land with power for at least 3/4 of the fight.
    Yes !

    Thats what I was saying the whole fight while watching it, WTF are you doing in there Mosley ?

    If some red headed midget bashing fuck is hitting me as hard as he can then I'm going to return the favor.

    I'm not going to fucking play patty cake with him, apologize and touch gloves every other round hoping he'll take it easy on me.

    Mosley showed true grit to stay in there, but he didn't show that fire to win the fight that I thought and hoped he would.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    2,625
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    741
    Cool Clicks
    88

    Default Re: Compubox is sh*t

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gest12645 View Post
    I saw Floyd winning the fight 115-113 but compubox seemed really unreliable. Just like one person mentioned, it is people who are controling compubox and fans shouldnt backup on it as much as HBO does
    The whole thing is rigged honestly, HBO are deplorable and have become so bias lately I can't stand them. From Ledderman's inane scorecards that dramatically favor the house fighter to Lampley's incessant talking during any sort of offense from the underdog, its all fairly predetermined outside of a KO upset or one honest judge fouling the whole circus up.

    Its disgusting really.

    The record will read that Mayweather won by 10 rounds to 2, and 9-3, when what really happened was a different story all together. A close, tough, great fight.
    It was a tough great fight alright, close it was not. Cotto got 2 rounds maybe 3 at best while Floyd was taking a breather.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,369
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    944
    Cool Clicks
    284

    Default Re: Compubox is sh*t

    Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gest12645 View Post
    I saw Floyd winning the fight 115-113 but compubox seemed really unreliable. Just like one person mentioned, it is people who are controling compubox and fans shouldnt backup on it as much as HBO does
    The whole thing is rigged honestly, HBO are deplorable and have become so bias lately I can't stand them. From Ledderman's inane scorecards that dramatically favor the house fighter to Lampley's incessant talking during any sort of offense from the underdog, its all fairly predetermined outside of a KO upset or one honest judge fouling the whole circus up.

    Its disgusting really.

    The record will read that Mayweather won by 10 rounds to 2, and 9-3, when what really happened was a different story all together. A close, tough, great fight.
    It was a tough great fight alright, close it was not. Cotto got 2 rounds maybe 3 at best while Floyd was taking a breather.


    If thats all he got friend then there is no way anyone will ever be able to beat Floyd on points. They'd have to knock him out to get a draw.

    Most everyone had Cotto winning at least 4 rounds, many had it 115-113 for Floyd.

    Ledderman and delusional Floyd fans had Cotto winning 2 rounds, oh and a crooked judge.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,511
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    650
    Cool Clicks
    57

    Default Re: Compubox is sh*t

    I didn't have a real problem with the score cards i think Floyd won pretty comfortably think people were giving to many rounds to Cotto because he was doing better then expected to be honest.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. PAC-JMM Compubox
    By Pavlik in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-13-2011, 09:36 AM
  2. Unlocking Compubox
    By fan johnny in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-19-2009, 01:46 PM
  3. Whoever was compubox recorded was retarded
    By Taeth in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-20-2008, 10:27 PM
  4. Compubox For Casamayor fight.
    By ICB in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 07:15 PM
  5. Compubox??
    By killersheep in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-25-2007, 06:36 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Boxing Hompage | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Video Clips | Boxing Forum | Boxing Downloads| Boxing Twitter | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Quiz | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Betting Odds | Boxers Records | Auctions | Fun and Games | Articles on Boxing | World News | Earn Money from your Website | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2016 Saddo Boxing - Disclaimer l Boxing