It is time 2 remind n discuss a few facts about d fab 4 .
1) Wilfredo Benitez is extremely overrated . (1.1) D man probably lost twice (at least 1ce) 2 Bruce Curry . (1.2) IDK how credible his wins over Duran n Palomino r/were
2) Ray Leonard stopped drained (2.1) Hearns , (2.2) Benitez (2.3) Duran .
Neither of these guys fought @ 147 after their fights with him .
Even in d Hearns rematch , Leonard had him drained 2 a catchweight (164 or 165 i think) and still deserved 2 lose d verdict .
(2.3) I read that he admitted 2 have rematched Duran @ a time when he knew Duran would not have been in shape 2 fight .
(2.4) most importantly , not only his "victory" over an older eroded Hagler was not a win , it is even bullshit as a fight - he had thickly padded gloves , big ring and 12 rounds instead of 15 . Hagler would have stopped him under normal (for that time) circumstances even past his prime as he actually was going in against Leonard .
(2.5) Leonard was beaten by Hearns in their rematch but got a draw .
3) Hagler ruled over a weak middleweight division . Any1 who disagrees , answer this question : who was Hagler's best opponent @ MW ?
4) Duran (4.1) is overrated as a lightweight - he fouled vs Ken Buchanan and I think not just him and (4.2) against Davey Moore @ 154 , Moore came in with a severe injury in his jaw and Duran also thumbed him 2 win a really bullshit TKO and by this i don't mean that it was premature or anything , just cheating against n already injured (since b4 d fight even began) opponent .
His win over Barkley looks impressive both on paper and on film , but Barkley was probably drained and weakened against him .
5) Hearns was a clean fighter as far as I know but his losses exclude him from my top 80 p4p (even top 100) at least . He even showed his vulnerability in some of his (listed) victories (Kinchen , Roldan)