Boxing Forums

.
.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 314

Thread: Donaire vs. Rigondeaux - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,903
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks
    347

    Default Donaire vs. Rigondeaux - Saturday night fight/chat thread

    This could be the fight of the year, especially if Rigon springs the upset. Lots of us could be eating crow.

    April 13
    At New York (HBO): Nonito Donaire vs. Guillermo Rigondeaux, 12 rounds, WBO/WBA junior featherweight title unification; Sean Monaghan vs. Dion "Rex" Stanley, 8 rounds, light heavyweights; Mikael Zewski vs. Daniel Sostre, 8 rounds, welterweights


    Donaire has been fighting as a Pro since 2001 (12 years) and 32 fights, he's on a level way above Rigondeaux in Pro and Championship experience. Rigondeaux had a ton of fights as a Cuban amateur, but he's never faced anyone close to as good as Donaire, as an amateur or in his 11 fights as a Pro. Rigon will get outclassed, outboxed and KTFO April 13th.



    Last edited by Mars_ax; 04-08-2013 at 04:37 PM. Reason: change to saturday night fight/chat thread

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    145
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    225
    Cool Clicks
    15

    Default Re: 3 reasons why Donaire will flatten Rigondeaux April 13th

    Well...Rigo is definitely not some tomato can with only 5 amateur fights and works part time at a Starbucks. So I wouldn't go so far as to say he will get flattened as easily as you perceive.

    Rigo has a skill set up to par with Donaire despite not having much comparative professional experience. It's difficult to judge this fight because both are highly skilled in one facet or another.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Posts
    9,793
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    537
    Cool Clicks
    682

    Default Re: 3 reasons why Donaire will flatten Rigondeaux April 13th

    Donaire is going to be shocked at Rigo's hand speed from the jab to combinations and counterpunching which is Donaires forte. I have not been this amped for a fight in a long time and I'm not even a fan per say of either guy.

    Rigo's problems could come in the pocket. As impressive as his 400 fight amateur career is, it may also be his undoing. He stays in the pocket to long with his head out in front of his body. That is Donaire short hook territory.

    Cant see this going 12. One of them is taking a nap.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    13,283
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1342
    Cool Clicks
    526

    Default Re: 3 reasons why Donaire will flatten Rigondeaux April 13th

    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Reason #1. Donaire vs. Montiel



    Reason #2. Donaire vs. Darchinyan



    Reasons #3.
    Donaire has been fighting as a Pro since 2001 (12 years) and 32 fights, he's on a level way above Rigondeaux in Pro and Championship experience. Rigondeaux had a ton of fights as a Cuban amateur, but he's never faced anyone close to as good as Donaire, as an amateur or in his 11 fights as a Pro. Rigon will get outclassed, outboxed and KTFO April 13th.

    Thoughts?

    I agree. Too much, too soon for the young Rigondeaux.
    One thing Rigo has going for him is Pedro Diaz. He's an excellent trainer with a wonderful track record.
    But still....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,903
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks
    347

    Default Re: 3 reasons why Donaire will flatten Rigondeaux April 13th

    Not to underrate Rigon, but I can't think of one single advantage he has over Donaire. Hand speed? boxing skills? power? Pro/Championship experience? defense? No way Jose, and there's a huge difference in the level of competition Rigon has faced, compared to what Donaire has been up against in his 12 years as a Pro.

    I'm not saying Rigon isn't good, just saying that he's nowhere close to being on the same level as Donaire. The fight will be competitive for as long as Donaire wants it to be. He may feel Rigon out for a few rounds before turning up the heat, or he may decide to come right out at the opening bell and blitz him.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Posts
    9,793
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    537
    Cool Clicks
    682

    Default Re: 3 reasons why Donaire will flatten Rigondeaux April 13th

    Rigo has the edge in raw speed. Donaire is the smarter puncher. Boxing skills is what this fight is about. Rigo is just as fundamentally sound as Donaire. I think they are probably similar in power regardless of Donaires highlight reel ko's of Darchinyan and Montiel etc. Donaire most definitely has the pro edge including the main stage.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,903
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks
    347

    Default Re: 3 reasons why Donaire will flatten Rigondeaux April 13th

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Reason #1. Donaire vs. Montiel



    Reason #2. Donaire vs. Darchinyan



    Reasons #3.
    Donaire has been fighting as a Pro since 2001 (12 years) and 32 fights, he's on a level way above Rigondeaux in Pro and Championship experience. Rigondeaux had a ton of fights as a Cuban amateur, but he's never faced anyone close to as good as Donaire, as an amateur or in his 11 fights as a Pro. Rigon will get outclassed, outboxed and KTFO April 13th.

    Thoughts?

    I agree. Too much, too soon for the young Rigondeaux.
    One thing Rigo has going for him is Pedro Diaz. He's an excellent trainer with a wonderful track record.
    But still....
    Rigon isn't 'young', did you mean he has little Pro experience? Regardless of his 400 fights or how good Rigon was as an Amatuer, there's no way in hell he's going to step up with only 11 Pro fights under his belt and beat one of the best P4P fighters in the world.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 04-06-2013 at 11:13 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    13,283
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1342
    Cool Clicks
    526

    Default Re: 3 reasons why Donaire will flatten Rigondeaux April 13th

    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Reason #1. Donaire vs. Montiel



    Reason #2. Donaire vs. Darchinyan



    Reasons #3.
    Donaire has been fighting as a Pro since 2001 (12 years) and 32 fights, he's on a level way above Rigondeaux in Pro and Championship experience. Rigondeaux had a ton of fights as a Cuban amateur, but he's never faced anyone close to as good as Donaire, as an amateur or in his 11 fights as a Pro. Rigon will get outclassed, outboxed and KTFO April 13th.

    Thoughts?

    I agree. Too much, too soon for the young Rigondeaux.
    One thing Rigo has going for him is Pedro Diaz. He's an excellent trainer with a wonderful track record.
    But still....
    Rigon isn't 'young', did you mean he has little Pro experience? Regardless of his 400 fights or how good Rigon was as an Amatuer, there no way in hell he's going to step up with only 11 Pro fights under his belt and beat one of the best P4P fighters in the world.

    Young as in inexperienced in the pro ranks.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,903
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks
    347

    Default Re: 3 reasons why Donaire will flatten Rigondeaux April 13th

    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Rigo has the edge in raw speed. Donaire is the smarter puncher. Boxing skills is what this fight is about. Rigo is just as fundamentally sound as Donaire. I think they are probably similar in power regardless of Donaires highlight reel ko's of Darchinyan and Montiel etc. Donaire most definitely has the pro edge including the main stage.
    Raw Speed? I don't think so, they don't call Donaire "the Filipino flash" for nothing. As for Rigon's boxing skills being on a paar with Donaire's, you've got to be kidding, how could you know that? Rigon has only had 11 pro fights against mediocre competition, there's a big difference in amateur boxing skills and those that you need as a pro.

    @IamInuit -Are you picking Rigon to win?
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 04-06-2013 at 11:55 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Posts
    9,793
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    537
    Cool Clicks
    682

    Default Re: 3 reasons why Donaire will flatten Rigondeaux April 13th

    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit;1144994[B
    Rigo has the edge in raw speed.[/B] Donaire is the smarter puncher. Boxing skills is what this fight is about. Rigo is just as fundamentally sound as Donaire. I think they are probably similar in power regardless of Donaires highlight reel ko's of Darchinyan and Montiel etc. Donaire most definitely has the pro edge including the main stage.
    Raw Speed? I don't think so, they don't call Donaire "the Filipino flash" for nothing. As for Rigon's boxing skills being on a paar with Donaire's, you've got to be kidding, how could you know that? Rigon has only had 11 pro fights against mediocre competition, there's a big difference in amateur boxing skills and those that you need as a pro.

    @IamInuit -Are you picking Rigon to win?
    I think so.

    Yes I'm taking Rigo in a perceived upset of the year. I'm not betting money on it and may take Donaire in various boxing forum challenges.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,903
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks
    347

    Default Re: 3 reasons why Donaire will flatten Rigondeaux April 13th

    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit;1144994[B
    Rigo has the edge in raw speed.[/B] Donaire is the smarter puncher. Boxing skills is what this fight is about. Rigo is just as fundamentally sound as Donaire. I think they are probably similar in power regardless of Donaires highlight reel ko's of Darchinyan and Montiel etc. Donaire most definitely has the pro edge including the main stage.
    Raw Speed? I don't think so, they don't call Donaire "the Filipino flash" for nothing. As for Rigon's boxing skills being on a paar with Donaire's, you've got to be kidding, how could you know that? Rigon has only had 11 pro fights against mediocre competition, there's a big difference in amateur boxing skills and those that you need as a pro.

    @IamInuit -Are you picking Rigon to win?
    I think so.

    Yes I'm taking Rigo in a perceived upset of the year. I'm not betting money on it and may take Donaire in various boxing forum challenges.
    Is this some Donaire hating? I just see the chance of Rigon upsetting Donaire as a big long shot, granted i'm a Donaire fan, and Rigon does have a puncher chance.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Posts
    9,793
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    537
    Cool Clicks
    682

    Default Re: 3 reasons why Donaire will flatten Rigondeaux April 13th

    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit;1144994[B
    Rigo has the edge in raw speed.[/B] Donaire is the smarter puncher. Boxing skills is what this fight is about. Rigo is just as fundamentally sound as Donaire. I think they are probably similar in power regardless of Donaires highlight reel ko's of Darchinyan and Montiel etc. Donaire most definitely has the pro edge including the main stage.
    Raw Speed? I don't think so, they don't call Donaire "the Filipino flash" for nothing. As for Rigon's boxing skills being on a paar with Donaire's, you've got to be kidding, how could you know that? Rigon has only had 11 pro fights against mediocre competition, there's a big difference in amateur boxing skills and those that you need as a pro.

    @IamInuit -Are you picking Rigon to win?
    I think so.

    Yes I'm taking Rigo in a perceived upset of the year. I'm not betting money on it and may take Donaire in various boxing forum challenges.
    Is this some Donaire hating? I just see the chance of Rigon upsetting Donaire as a big long shot, granted i'm a Donaire fan, and Rigon does have a puncher chance.
    Wtf Donaire hating? I said that I think Rigo is faster then he is.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,903
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks
    347

    Default Re: 3 reasons why Donaire will flatten Rigondeaux April 13th

    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit;1144994[B
    Rigo has the edge in raw speed.[/B] Donaire is the smarter puncher. Boxing skills is what this fight is about. Rigo is just as fundamentally sound as Donaire. I think they are probably similar in power regardless of Donaires highlight reel ko's of Darchinyan and Montiel etc. Donaire most definitely has the pro edge including the main stage.
    Raw Speed? I don't think so, they don't call Donaire "the Filipino flash" for nothing. As for Rigon's boxing skills being on a paar with Donaire's, you've got to be kidding, how could you know that? Rigon has only had 11 pro fights against mediocre competition, there's a big difference in amateur boxing skills and those that you need as a pro.

    @IamInuit -Are you picking Rigon to win?
    I think so.

    Yes I'm taking Rigo in a perceived upset of the year. I'm not betting money on it and may take Donaire in various boxing forum challenges.
    Is this some Donaire hating? I just see the chance of Rigon upsetting Donaire as a big long shot, granted i'm a Donaire fan, and Rigon does have a puncher chance.
    Wtf Donaire hating? I said that I think Rigo is faster then he is.
    OK, my bad, I know there's some Donaire haters around, or at least some who think that Donaire is overrated, just checking. Being a Filipino sometimes puts a target on your back.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Antelope Valley, California
    Posts
    5,046
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    321
    Cool Clicks
    155

    Default

    I don't think Rigondeaux will be able to take the power or pressure of Donaire. Marroquin had Rigo on shaky legs (momentarily) twice during their fight.
    Can't wait to see whose hands are faster, Rigo might be a little faster but he won't be able to avoid Donaire all night.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,708
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    321
    Cool Clicks
    72

    Default Re: 3 reasons why Donaire will flatten Rigondeaux April 13th

    What will cause Rigon to be ko'd by at least the 7th round is that he will wait for the entire fight... as he does with most of his fights. Not sure if it's just his style, inexperience, or whatever it is?!?! But he waits too long to crank up into the fight...

    In the pro's you need to be able to bring intensity for 12 rounds if need be. He can't just wait on Donaire to counter- as if Donaire hits like he has feather-down in his gloves?!?

    Rigon will get knocked down or rocked very early... suck it up... then wither under a real pro-assault from Donaire.

    I say a ref stoppage in about 7 ir 8 rounds.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Juan Diaz making a comeback on April 13th 2013
    By bzkfn in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-07-2013, 01:57 AM
  2. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-12-2013, 11:16 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-10-2013, 01:02 AM
  4. Donaire v. Rigondeaux - who wins at 122?
    By Rantcatrat in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-26-2012, 08:41 PM
  5. Friday the 13th, FNF!
    By killersheep in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 08-15-2010, 12:14 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Boxing Hompage | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Video Clips | Boxing Forum | Boxing Downloads| Boxing Twitter | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Quiz | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Betting Odds | Boxers Records | Auctions | Fun and Games | Articles on Boxing | World News | Earn Money from your Website | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2016 Saddo Boxing - Disclaimer l Boxing