Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Santa Cruz

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    12,542
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    538
    Cool Clicks

    Default Santa Cruz

    I love watching the guy fight. I am watching a replay of one of his fights at the moment. Does anyone know where he plans to go in weight. I would like to see him move up a bit more

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    12,269
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1000
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Santa Cruz

    I don't like watching him fight all that much. Any boxer that relies on output without a great defensive game is less and less interesting to me lately, with exceptions of course.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,272
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Santa Cruz

    I'm with P4P. Santa cruz don't really float my boat. The guy is all about high workrate and tenacity with not much skills. Guys like him don't last long in this game. Once he gets into his late 20s, that will be it for him.

    Right now, he is just riding on his youthful energy. Without that, he's ordinary.

    And his rat face rubs me the wrong way, makes me wanna back hand him.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    12,542
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    538
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Santa Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I don't like watching him fight all that much. Any boxer that relies on output without a great defensive game is less and less interesting to me lately, with exceptions of course.
    His defense is definitely improving but his main thing is output with a high connection rate. I watched one of his fights where he threw over a thousand punches

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland.
    Posts
    2,997
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    469
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Santa Cruz

    Frampton or Quigg would destroy him.

    If he tries to pressure people with that kind of power and skill he will be flattened.

    I dislike him if I'm honest and as @FinitoElDinamita said, his rat face annoys me also.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,345
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1076
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Santa Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    I'm with P4P. Santa cruz don't really float my boat. The guy is all about high workrate and tenacity with not much skills. Guys like him don't last long in this game. Once he gets into his late 20s, that will be it for him.

    Right now, he is just riding on his youthful energy. Without that, he's ordinary.

    And his rat face rubs me the wrong way, makes me wanna back hand him.
    I absolutely agree with your irrational hate

    Rate face hahahaha
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    12,542
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    538
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Santa Cruz

    I'm surprised not many support Santa Cruz. I think his skills go beyond mere output although his out put is impressive. He is young, they have discussed he needs to improve that defense and he has his last couple feet. He has a great chin, good power and I think he will age like a good bottle around. Still wondering if anyone here has heard anything about his plan of attack in weight class

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,763
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    992
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Santa Cruz

    I was underwhelmed with this last performance against Mijares. It's good he's been active, but he needs a big fight soon. Now is the time for it. Frampton or Quigg or both works fine.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,501
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    405
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Santa Cruz

    If Frampton beats Cazares hes mandatory for Leos title. I think Leo wiull come to Belfast and lose his title.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,788
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1094
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    I like watching him fight. He throws tons of punches and is relentless.

    What's not to like?

    I've yet to see him receive a gift decision either.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    12,269
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1000
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Santa Cruz

    I thought Mijares was robbed.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    37,678
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4679
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Santa Cruz

    I love the kid. Wins a title and defends four times in six months, realizes he's going up and repeats the process to claim dual division trinkets and keep working and improving and calling people out. In the age of so many fat trumped up tarts being handed belts while still showing a finger to fans..he is a breath of fresh air who works his time out. Bit of a humble Mexican Wayne McCullough buzzsaw but with respect to the Pocket Rocket his boxing game, punch section is improving. I just don't see the problem

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,788
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1094
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I love the kid. Wins a title and defends four times in six months, realizes he's going up and repeats the process to claim dual division trinkets and keep working and improving and calling people out. In the age of so many fat trumped up tarts being handed belts while still showing a finger to fans..he is a breath of fresh air who works his time out. Bit of a humble Mexican Wayne McCullough buzzsaw but with respect to the Pocket Rocket his boxing game, punch section is improving. I just don't see the problem
    There is no problem. Just people being cunty and "hip" by disliking a very good and TV friendly fighter.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    37,678
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4679
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Santa Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I love the kid. Wins a title and defends four times in six months, realizes he's going up and repeats the process to claim dual division trinkets and keep working and improving and calling people out. In the age of so many fat trumped up tarts being handed belts while still showing a finger to fans..he is a breath of fresh air who works his time out. Bit of a humble Mexican Wayne McCullough buzzsaw but with respect to the Pocket Rocket his boxing game, punch section is improving. I just don't see the problem
    There is no problem. Just people being cunty and "hip" by disliking a very good and TV friendly fighter.
    There are just so many pretenders to throw it at..and some can't even claim the very good part

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    12,269
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1000
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Santa Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I love the kid. Wins a title and defends four times in six months, realizes he's going up and repeats the process to claim dual division trinkets and keep working and improving and calling people out. In the age of so many fat trumped up tarts being handed belts while still showing a finger to fans..he is a breath of fresh air who works his time out. Bit of a humble Mexican Wayne McCullough buzzsaw but with respect to the Pocket Rocket his boxing game, punch section is improving. I just don't see the problem
    There is no problem. Just people being cunty and "hip" by disliking a very good and TV friendly fighter.
    I wasn't thilled with Santa Cruz before he was born. Old people break me.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Santa Cruz-Moreno in the works for Nov.2
    By FinitoElDinamita in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-25-2013, 03:49 AM
  2. Why do I think Margo when I watch Santa Cruz?
    By DannyV297 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-26-2013, 03:43 AM
  3. Leo Santa Cruz
    By Kirkland Laing in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-13-2012, 05:40 PM
  4. FNF 7/16/10 - Judah vs. Santa Cruz
    By killersheep in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 04:11 AM
  5. Casamayor vs. Santa Cruz (Spoiler)
    By CutMeMick in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 11-12-2007, 03:21 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Boxing Hompage | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Video Clips | Boxing Forum | Boxing Downloads| Boxing Twitter | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Quiz | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Betting Odds | Boxers Records | Auctions | Fun and Games | Articles on Boxing | World News | Earn Money from your Website | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2017 Saddo Boxing - Disclaimer l Boxing