Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Lennox Lewis VS Vitali Klitschko... the last of the great Lewis

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,272
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Lennox Lewis VS Vitali Klitschko... the last of the great Lewis



    Vitali was lucky that the ref saved him because I have no doubt in my mind that he was on his way to a vicious KO loss in the very next round.. he was huffing and puffing, battered and beaten just ready to go at any moment..

    Dont give me no bullshit that he was getting to Lewis lol because it was actually the other way around. Sure, Lewis got caught cold in the early rounds but once he got warmed up, the momentum turned to his side and the outcome was pretty obvious to see..

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,012
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    322
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lennox Lewis VS Vitali Klitschko... the last of the great Lewis

    I see it Lewis blowing harder myself.

    I know Lewis seemed to even it up a bit in the last couple rounds but I don't think that would of happened at all without the injury.

    I agree though if the fight was not stopped as it was that Vitali was ultimately going to be stopped anyway. The ref did the right thing.
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

    Lennox Lewis

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,272
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lennox Lewis VS Vitali Klitschko... the last of the great Lewis

    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    I see it Lewis blowing harder myself.

    I know Lewis seemed to even it up a bit in the last couple rounds but I don't think that would of happened at all without the injury.

    I agree though if the fight was not stopped as it was that Vitali was ultimately going to be stopped anyway. The ref did the right thing.
    It may have appeared that way but experienced champions like Lewis knows how to fight through the fatigue and that's exactly what he did in there..

    That's what separates the experienced fighters from the lesser ones.. Vitali was fatigued and it showed by the loss of snap on his punches.. The muster on his punches diminished as the rounds went by while Lewis's power maintained as the fight progressed..

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    18,672
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lennox Lewis VS Vitali Klitschko... the last of the great Lewis

    It was a good fight. Neither fighter was really able to prepare for the other going in. Since they were both suppose to be facing different opponents. It fucking sucks Lennox ducked the rematch.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,272
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lennox Lewis VS Vitali Klitschko... the last of the great Lewis

    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    It was a good fight. Neither fighter was really able to prepare for the other going in. Since they were both suppose to be facing different opponents. It fucking sucks Lennox ducked the rematch.
    Duck? I call it going out on top.. he was smart...

    What if Roy had done the same after the first Tarver fight? He would be in a much better place right now..

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    18,672
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lennox Lewis VS Vitali Klitschko... the last of the great Lewis

    Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    It was a good fight. Neither fighter was really able to prepare for the other going in. Since they were both suppose to be facing different opponents. It fucking sucks Lennox ducked the rematch.
    Duck? I call it going out on top.. he was smart...

    What if Roy had done the same after the first Tarver fight? He would be in a much better place right now..
    You can't run your mouth saying you gonna easily beat both brothers asses and than call it quits after the first brother gave you a harder time than you expected. That's a punk move

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,012
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    322
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lennox Lewis VS Vitali Klitschko... the last of the great Lewis

    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    It was a good fight. Neither fighter was really able to prepare for the other going in. Since they were both suppose to be facing different opponents. It fucking sucks Lennox ducked the rematch.
    Duck? I call it going out on top.. he was smart...

    What if Roy had done the same after the first Tarver fight? He would be in a much better place right now..
    You can't run your mouth saying you gonna easily beat both brothers asses and than call it quits after the first brother gave you a harder time than you expected. That's a punk move
    Yeah I can certainly see the wisdom of Lewis, there probably wasn't anything to prove he had a good run and gotta throw in the towell sometime.

    But it's true, you can't run your mouth like he did, witness a battering and then quietly sail away into the sunset.

    It was the same as Ali forever ducking a Foreman rematch, they both knew they would not be so lucky the second time!
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

    Lennox Lewis

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. If Lennox Lewis had rematched Vitali Klitschko.........
    By brocktonblockbust in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 11-24-2013, 12:01 AM
  2. Your thoughts on Lennox Lewis-Vitali Klitschko?
    By sumkalambay in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 02-10-2010, 08:28 PM
  3. Lennox Lewis-Vitali Klitschko
    By El Kabong in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-26-2008, 08:32 PM
  4. Vitali Klitschko: "I Know I Beat Lennox Lewis"
    By El Gamo in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 02-10-2007, 01:30 PM
  5. Replies: 74
    Last Post: 01-16-2007, 10:15 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing