Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Andy Lee vs. Billy Joe Saunders

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,150
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    490
    Cool Clicks

    Default Andy Lee vs. Billy Joe Saunders

    What are your thoughts and predictions for this one?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    8,719
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1082
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Andy Lee vs. Billy Joe Saunders

    Lee will struggle with Saunders style. Saunders on points.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    12,509
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1016
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Andy Lee vs. Billy Joe Saunders

    I think Lee knocks him out.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    20,215
    Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    994
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    I am a big BJS fan, have been since day one. I also have been very dismissive of both Booth and Lee. Lee proved in his last triumph though, a patience and ability to box to orders that surprised me. Booths plan and advice were invaluable and should be a lesson to people like Eubank Jr. Lee can really dig and I am worried that Billie does not have the power to keep him at bay for 12 rounds. I hope Saunders can use his speed and smarts to move and outfox Lee but I can see Lee catching him and stopping him midway. Hopefully I'm wrong. I usually am :-)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,263
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    636
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Andy Lee vs. Billy Joe Saunders

    i think saunders will win on points

    although he might not
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    18,816
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1581
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Andy Lee vs. Billy Joe Saunders

    Absolute Pick em fight and a brilliant matchup - Boxer v Puncher

    @Greenbeanz is bang on what he says about Adam Booth who has got Lee fighting much better now and
    you can tell they are really close and get on well.

    Booth will no doubt have another gameplan but Lee is gonna be chasing shadows for a while but as we know Saunders does and will slow down after the halfway point and Lee has got serious KO power.

    This is gonna be better than the Eubank fight because Lee is an honest fighter who won't be pissing about and waste half the fight with his arrogant BS attitude, he'll dig in and go for this and i wouldn't be surprised if he does infact Bang Saunders out around 9 rounds.

    Saunders is a brilliant fast fighter though and for me this will boil down to whether or not Saunders can take Lee's power.

    I seriously doubt he can and i can see Lee landing bombs late on.

    Maybe Lee by KO late on but i wouldn't bet money on this one

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    8,719
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1082
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Andy Lee vs. Billy Joe Saunders

    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Absolute Pick em fight and a brilliant matchup - Boxer v Puncher

    @Greenbeanz is bang on what he says about Adam Booth who has got Lee fighting much better now and
    you can tell they are really close and get on well.

    Booth will no doubt have another gameplan but Lee is gonna be chasing shadows for a while but as we know Saunders does and will slow down after the halfway point and Lee has got serious KO power.

    This is gonna be better than the Eubank fight because Lee is an honest fighter who won't be pissing about and waste half the fight with his arrogant BS attitude, he'll dig in and go for this and i wouldn't be surprised if he does infact Bang Saunders out around 9 rounds.

    Saunders is a brilliant fast fighter though and for me this will boil down to whether or not Saunders can take Lee's power.

    I seriously doubt he can and i can see Lee landing bombs late on.

    Maybe Lee by KO late on but i wouldn't bet money on this one
    I dont see Lee catching Saunders.

    I think Saunders is one of those fighters who has and will be underestimated and always looked at when in whith good fighters thst its a toss up where im pretty sure Lee will be made to look ordinary here.

    Wasnt he getting outpointed in both his recent fights? He needs to catch you.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    18,816
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1581
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Andy Lee vs. Billy Joe Saunders

    Problem is that Saunders was running out of gas and easy to hit and taking shots late on against an opponent (Eubank Jnr) who did absolutely fuck all in the first 5-6 rounds.

    Lee will make him fight from the off and if he's still there in the latter rounds is obviously gonna start landing those huge shots.

    Lee hits way way harder than Eubank Jnr

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    22,419
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2797
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Andy Lee vs. Billy Joe Saunders

    I quite like Billy Joe in this too. Lee was getting whooped in both his last two fights before finding the straightener. Lee is obviously the puncher and stronger but Billy Joe has never been down.

    Fresh slick lefty vs a guy that catches every punch thrown regardless of where it's aimed.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,763
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1000
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Andy Lee vs. Billy Joe Saunders

    Is this fight happening? I read that Lee might face Quillin for the same belt that Quillin vacated in avoiding the fight with Korobov.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Posts
    9,793
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    684
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Andy Lee vs. Billy Joe Saunders

    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Is this fight happening? I read that Lee might face Quillin for the same belt that Quillin vacated in avoiding the fight with Korobov.
    Lee and Kid Ovaltine is signed and part of the Haymon/NBC/Showtime coming out party.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,501
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    413
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Andy Lee vs. Billy Joe Saunders

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I quite like Billy Joe in this too. Lee was getting whooped in both his last two fights before finding the straightener. Lee is obviously the puncher and stronger but Billy Joe has never been down.

    Fresh slick lefty vs a guy that catches every punch thrown regardless of where it's aimed.
    I dont think the fight is going to happen. Rumours are that Lee is vacating to fight Quillin in New York for a guaranteed purse of 1mil. Any how Skybet are 2/1 BJS to beat Lee if the fight takes place. Cracking bet if you can get on!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-23-2015, 07:19 PM
  2. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-17-2013, 10:23 AM
  3. Gary O'Sullivan v Billy Joe Saunders
    By deepdaledez in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-30-2013, 03:15 PM
  4. Billy Joe Saunders
    By deepdaledez in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-14-2013, 07:22 PM
  5. Billy Joe Saunders coming along nicely
    By armyash in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-16-2012, 09:51 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing