Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 130

Thread: Deontay Wilder-Artur Szpilka/Martin-Glazkov - Saturday/SKY Sports/Showtime. Fact.

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    22,302
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2791
    Cool Clicks

    Default Deontay Wilder-Artur Szpilka/Martin-Glazkov - Saturday/SKY Sports/Showtime. Fact.

    On paper it looks like a gimme for the Atomic Windmill. However, Szpilka is a southpaw who looks better than the last two tubby's Wilder has semi-struggled with - before chinning them of course. I like Wilder - he's an exciting heavyweight - but he's an accident waiting to happen (hence the "weak" level of opposition).

    Szpilka is 10/1 for the KO. He'll most likely be the one chinned but it will happen to Wilder sooner rather than later. Shrapnel bet.

    Glazkov-Martin is for the IBF title (what's the odds Haye or AJ end up with this belt?). The way Martin stands upright with his bonce hanging in the air i'm surprised it hasn't already been knocked off. However, that's probably down to the level of opposition he's faced - which is poor. He can obviously bang a bit with 20 sparkages in 22 fights and looks a bit tricky being a giant southpaw. Glazkov has fought in much stronger company and was a top amateur. He's a bit of a plodder though without a dynamite dig.

    Glazkov is rightfully the slim odds on bookies favourite. The American is best priced 13/10. I think his awkward style/size might throw Glazkov off.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Antelope Valley, California
    Posts
    5,048
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    463
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder-Artur Szpilka/Martin-Glazkov - Saturday/SKY Sports/Showtime. Fact.

    I like Wilder too, which makes his fights all the more exciting, as you never know if this will be the one where the bubble bursts. I'm thinking Wilder, has a doubt or two himself, and wants put as much in the bank as possible before he steps up the competition. There is no doubt his handlers are pushing him in this direction and know the value of that belt.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,501
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    409
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder-Artur Szpilka/Martin-Glazkov - Saturday/SKY Sports/Showtime. Fact.

    I like Glazkov here. Only seen a couple of Martins fights that are on youtube but thought he looked wild and easy to hit. Would expect Glazkov to have too much to win a decision or a late stoppage.

    Dont know what to think of the Wilder fight. Spzilkas only chance is the KO you would think but Id say Wilder will get him out quickly enough. Szpilka looks pretty easy to hit. 2 heavyweight title fights on the same night and only one of the fighters would be in my top 10

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    12,311
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1005
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder-Artur Szpilka/Martin-Glazkov - Saturday/SKY Sports/Showtime. Fact.

    I think Martin-Glazkov is a mediocre fight, not expecting anything impressive from either guy there. Wilder will probably get the KO, but it wouldn't shock me if he lost either. Szpilka is quite undersized and outgunned, but he sounds very confident and has been working with Ronnie shields who seems to be a great trainer, they might well have worked on something specific. Wilder is far from hard to find, so you just never know. I think Luis Ortiz would beat the living shit out of any of these guys myself, he's currently the top HW pour moi.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,449
    Mentioned
    1407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2661
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder-Artur Szpilka/Martin-Glazkov - Saturday/SKY Sports/Showtime. Fact.

    Will this clash with the Haye fight, I hope not.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,150
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    486
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder-Artur Szpilka/Martin-Glazkov - Saturday/SKY Sports/Showtime. Fact.

    Szpilka has a chance of winning, even though he's not a bona fide top 10 heavyweight, because Wilder really isn't very good.

    Wilder does have power, height and reach, but that's all. He's not really athletic and he's not an intelligent boxer.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    37,822
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4686
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder-Artur Szpilka/Martin-Glazkov - Saturday/SKY Sports/Showtime. Fact.

    Really looking forward to the return on Showtime boxing. Still seems odd having two separate sanctioning body trinkets on same card and can only think winner fights winner. If I was Povetkin I'd buy a front row seat and when Wilder starts jumping around like some sort of spaz suffering a seizure just stand up and applaud. To me he's exciting as much for his flaws and impending sparking as he is actual boxing and power.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,157
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    361
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Szpilka has a chance of winning, even though he's not a bona fide top 10 heavyweight, because Wilder really isn't very good.

    Wilder does have power, height and reach, but that's all. He's not really athletic and he's not an intelligent boxer.
    Not athletic? I'd say all he is is athletic.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    8,719
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1078
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder-Artur Szpilka/Martin-Glazkov - Saturday/SKY Sports/Showtime. Fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Really looking forward to the return on Showtime boxing. Still seems odd having two separate sanctioning body trinkets on same card and can only think winner fights winner. If I was Povetkin I'd buy a front row seat and when Wilder starts jumping around like some sort of spaz suffering a seizure just stand up and applaud. To me he's exciting as much for his flaws and impending sparking as he is actual boxing and power.
    Tyson Fury said earlier this week that he will be attending

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,449
    Mentioned
    1407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2661
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder-Artur Szpilka/Martin-Glazkov - Saturday/SKY Sports/Showtime. Fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Really looking forward to the return on Showtime boxing. Still seems odd having two separate sanctioning body trinkets on same card and can only think winner fights winner. If I was Povetkin I'd buy a front row seat and when Wilder starts jumping around like some sort of spaz suffering a seizure just stand up and applaud. To me he's exciting as much for his flaws and impending sparking as he is actual boxing and power.
    Tyson Fury said earlier this week that he will be attending
    That would be fun.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,263
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    631
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder-Artur Szpilka/Martin-Glazkov - Saturday/SKY Sports/Showtime. Fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Will this clash with the Haye fight, I hope not.
    it might do if the haye fight lasts 740 rounds
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    683
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    298
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder-Artur Szpilka/Martin-Glazkov - Saturday/SKY Sports/Showtime. Fact.

    I expect Wilder to bomb Szpilka out of there for a mid; possibly late rounds KO.

    I'm thinking Glazkov does enough to win but might get shafted on the cards this time.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    4,260
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    864
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Only seen martin a couple times not super impressive but favor him over glazkov who for whatever reason has been getting a push but is nothing special no big pop, no superb skills and undersized against some of the big dudes. Wilder szpilka should be fun, think wilder gets it by ko.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    45,326
    Mentioned
    846 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3108
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder-Artur Szpilka/Martin-Glazkov - Saturday/SKY Sports/Showtime. Fact.

    I think Wilder will win comfortably. He will likely warm himself up and take early rounds before unleashing the windmill.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    8,719
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1078
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder-Artur Szpilka/Martin-Glazkov - Saturday/SKY Sports/Showtime. Fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Really looking forward to the return on Showtime boxing. Still seems odd having two separate sanctioning body trinkets on same card and can only think winner fights winner. If I was Povetkin I'd buy a front row seat and when Wilder starts jumping around like some sort of spaz suffering a seizure just stand up and applaud. To me he's exciting as much for his flaws and impending sparking as he is actual boxing and power.
    Tyson Fury said earlier this week that he will be attending
    That would be fun.
    Tyson Fury, Deontay Wilder Confrontation Looms at Barclays - Boxing News


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 74
    Last Post: 09-07-2015, 10:55 PM
  2. Replies: 106
    Last Post: 07-20-2015, 08:36 PM
  3. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-02-2014, 11:29 PM
  4. Deontay Wilder?
    By beenKOed in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-09-2013, 08:30 PM
  5. I think Deontay Wilder is now the top HW in the U.S.
    By rjj tszyu in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-19-2013, 07:04 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Boxing Hompage | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Video Clips | Boxing Forum | Boxing Downloads| Boxing Twitter | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Quiz | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Betting Odds | Boxers Records | Auctions | Fun and Games | Articles on Boxing | World News | Earn Money from your Website | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2017 Saddo Boxing - Disclaimer l Boxing