Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Nery stops Yamanaka in 4!

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,879
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    252
    Cool Clicks

    Default Nery stops Yamanaka in 4!

    What do we make of this? Yamanaka was top 10 P4P before. Does it say more about who Nery will be or more about where Yamanaka is now?

    https://youtu.be/vHcMuAsPc8A

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    46,179
    Mentioned
    911 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2453
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Nery stops Yamanaka in 4!

    That was an action packed fight particularly the end when Nery went all out attack!

    Both gave it their all.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,178
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    281
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Nery stops Yamanaka in 4!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    What do we make of this? Yamanaka was top 10 P4P before. Does it say more about who Nery will be or more about where Yamanaka is now?

    https://youtu.be/vHcMuAsPc8A
    Now , some people aren't going to agree with me and fair enough. First and foremost, the p4p is a meaningless crock of shit after #1,2&3.
    Secondly, I have a theory that at the really low weights, they don't carry much kudos for p4p. The reasons being :
    A. Less people fight at these weights, people in the World are getting bigger, taller, heavier. Therefore , to be the best, there's less competition.
    B. Because every guy at these low,low weights carries no surplus ounces, they're all fit as fleas, they're all quick as fuck and because they are so "levelled", there's more chance of titles changing hands more often. Naturally there are exceptions to every rule and I know Yamanake was champ for a long time, but by and large I believe this theory applies.
    Come on then, I'm giving you all a chance to make me look stupid!
    I Miss @Ross

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,879
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    252
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Nery stops Yamanaka in 4!

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    What do we make of this? Yamanaka was top 10 P4P before. Does it say more about who Nery will be or more about where Yamanaka is now?

    https://youtu.be/vHcMuAsPc8A
    Now , some people aren't going to agree with me and fair enough. First and foremost, the p4p is a meaningless crock of shit after #1,2&3.
    Secondly, I have a theory that at the really low weights, they don't carry much kudos for p4p. The reasons being :
    A. Less people fight at these weights, people in the World are getting bigger, taller, heavier. Therefore , to be the best, there's less competition.
    B. Because every guy at these low,low weights carries no surplus ounces, they're all fit as fleas, they're all quick as fuck and because they are so "levelled", there's more chance of titles changing hands more often. Naturally there are exceptions to every rule and I know Yamanake was champ for a long time, but by and large I believe this theory applies.
    Come on then, I'm giving you all a chance to make me look stupid!
    I believe in P4P to an extent. I think after 4/5 spots it becomes a popularity contest for most.

    I think the little guys are generally far far better boxers. Skill wise there is no comparison. But I think once you get under 118 it starts getting questionable because there just aren't enough people so small.

    I think there is more at play though than people gettibg bigger. That effects the heavyweight landscape. But what about countries with the necessary hardship to produce many fighters, are those people getting bigger? Everything in life has many layers.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,132
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    237
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Nery stops Yamanaka in 4!

    Never seen either one fight but I have heard of yamanaka. Yamanaka looked sharp but nery just seemed to throw at awkward angles and just landed hard shots.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    20,078
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2666
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Nery stops Yamanaka in 4!

    Some shrewd judges called this "upset," Nery was backed into favourite from underdog

    Yamanaka started to look ropey-old a few fights back, can't take a punch anymore, not surprising his corner was quick to save him from being humiliated.
    Last edited by Fenster; 08-16-2017 at 08:10 PM.
    3-Time REIGNING and DEFENDING SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION. First Ballot Hall of Famer. Fact.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    20,078
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2666
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Nery stops Yamanaka in 4!

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    What do we make of this? Yamanaka was top 10 P4P before. Does it say more about who Nery will be or more about where Yamanaka is now?

    https://youtu.be/vHcMuAsPc8A
    Now , some people aren't going to agree with me and fair enough. First and foremost, the p4p is a meaningless crock of shit after #1,2&3.
    Secondly, I have a theory that at the really low weights, they don't carry much kudos for p4p. The reasons being :
    A. Less people fight at these weights, people in the World are getting bigger, taller, heavier. Therefore , to be the best, there's less competition.
    B. Because every guy at these low,low weights carries no surplus ounces, they're all fit as fleas, they're all quick as fuck and because they are so "levelled", there's more chance of titles changing hands more often. Naturally there are exceptions to every rule and I know Yamanake was champ for a long time, but by and large I believe this theory applies.
    Come on then, I'm giving you all a chance to make me look stupid!
    Theory B. would imply the level of competition is far greater at lower weights, no? Apart from the physical superiority en masse you've outlined, it makes sense that titles will change hands more frequently amongst a pool of competition of equal standard. And by that reasoning would make standout fighters more worthy than any to be considered special (P4P).

    A? It's only true of the very two smallest divisions that there's significantly less pros per division. Bantamweight (which is the weight of this thread) has over a thousand registered pros, virtually the same amount as lightheavy. Then factor in that it's far more likely for smaller weight fighters to explore surrounding divisions and you can make a case for them having more top-drawer competition than heavier weights.
    Last edited by Fenster; 08-16-2017 at 08:19 PM.
    3-Time REIGNING and DEFENDING SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION. First Ballot Hall of Famer. Fact.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,178
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    281
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    What do we make of this? Yamanaka was top 10 P4P before. Does it say more about who Nery will be or more about where Yamanaka is now?

    https://youtu.be/vHcMuAsPc8A
    Now , some people aren't going to agree with me and fair enough. First and foremost, the p4p is a meaningless crock of shit after #1,2&3.
    Secondly, I have a theory that at the really low weights, they don't carry much kudos for p4p. The reasons being :
    A. Less people fight at these weights, people in the World are getting bigger, taller, heavier. Therefore , to be the best, there's less competition.
    B. Because every guy at these low,low weights carries no surplus ounces, they're all fit as fleas, they're all quick as fuck and because they are so "levelled", there's more chance of titles changing hands more often. Naturally there are exceptions to every rule and I know Yamanake was champ for a long time, but by and large I believe this theory applies.
    Come on then, I'm giving you all a chance to make me look stupid!
    I believe in P4P to an extent. I think after 4/5 spots it becomes a popularity contest for most.

    I think the little guys are generally far far better boxers. Skill wise there is no comparison. But I think once you get under 118 it starts getting questionable because there just aren't enough people so small.

    I think there is more at play though than people gettibg bigger. That effects the heavyweight landscape. But what about countries with the necessary hardship to produce many fighters, are those people getting bigger? Everything in life has many layers.
    About the size thing, this is my point. Globally people are getting bigger. In areas where people aren't getting bigger (usually 3rd World/Poverty stricken countries) , those countries don't normally have the infrastructure to be able to get somebody to World Champ status.
    I appreciate that this is a big generalisation, and I'm there to be shot at. 😄

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,178
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    281
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    What do we make of this? Yamanaka was top 10 P4P before. Does it say more about who Nery will be or more about where Yamanaka is now?

    https://youtu.be/vHcMuAsPc8A
    Now , some people aren't going to agree with me and fair enough. First and foremost, the p4p is a meaningless crock of shit after #1,2&3.
    Secondly, I have a theory that at the really low weights, they don't carry much kudos for p4p. The reasons being :
    A. Less people fight at these weights, people in the World are getting bigger, taller, heavier. Therefore , to be the best, there's less competition.
    B. Because every guy at these low,low weights carries no surplus ounces, they're all fit as fleas, they're all quick as fuck and because they are so "levelled", there's more chance of titles changing hands more often. Naturally there are exceptions to every rule and I know Yamanake was champ for a long time, but by and large I believe this theory applies.
    Come on then, I'm giving you all a chance to make me look stupid!
    Theory B. would imply the level of competition is far greater at lower weights, no? Apart from the physical superiority en masse you've outlined, it makes sense that titles will change hands more frequently amongst a pool of competition of equal standard. And by that reasoning would make standout fighters more worthy than any to be considered special (P4P).

    A? It's only true of the very two smallest divisions that there's significantly less pros per division. Bantamweight (which is the weight of this thread) has over a thousand registered pros, virtually the same amount as lightheavy. Then factor in that it's far more likely for smaller weight fighters to explore surrounding divisions and you can make a case for them having more top-drawer competition than heavier weights.
    All I would say, is how many 12 stone blokes do you see walk the streets? And how many 8 stone blokes do you see walk the streets?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    20,078
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2666
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Nery stops Yamanaka in 4!

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    What do we make of this? Yamanaka was top 10 P4P before. Does it say more about who Nery will be or more about where Yamanaka is now?

    https://youtu.be/vHcMuAsPc8A
    Now , some people aren't going to agree with me and fair enough. First and foremost, the p4p is a meaningless crock of shit after #1,2&3.
    Secondly, I have a theory that at the really low weights, they don't carry much kudos for p4p. The reasons being :
    A. Less people fight at these weights, people in the World are getting bigger, taller, heavier. Therefore , to be the best, there's less competition.
    B. Because every guy at these low,low weights carries no surplus ounces, they're all fit as fleas, they're all quick as fuck and because they are so "levelled", there's more chance of titles changing hands more often. Naturally there are exceptions to every rule and I know Yamanake was champ for a long time, but by and large I believe this theory applies.
    Come on then, I'm giving you all a chance to make me look stupid!
    Theory B. would imply the level of competition is far greater at lower weights, no? Apart from the physical superiority en masse you've outlined, it makes sense that titles will change hands more frequently amongst a pool of competition of equal standard. And by that reasoning would make standout fighters more worthy than any to be considered special (P4P).

    A? It's only true of the very two smallest divisions that there's significantly less pros per division. Bantamweight (which is the weight of this thread) has over a thousand registered pros, virtually the same amount as lightheavy. Then factor in that it's far more likely for smaller weight fighters to explore surrounding divisions and you can make a case for them having more top-drawer competition than heavier weights.
    All I would say, is how many 12 stone blokes do you see walk the streets? And how many 8 stone blokes do you see walk the streets?
    In the west people are bigger, for sure.

    Not sure what your point is to be honest? (not being funny or anything)
    3-Time REIGNING and DEFENDING SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION. First Ballot Hall of Famer. Fact.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,178
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    281
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    What do we make of this? Yamanaka was top 10 P4P before. Does it say more about who Nery will be or more about where Yamanaka is now?

    https://youtu.be/vHcMuAsPc8A
    Now , some people aren't going to agree with me and fair enough. First and foremost, the p4p is a meaningless crock of shit after #1,2&3.
    Secondly, I have a theory that at the really low weights, they don't carry much kudos for p4p. The reasons being :
    A. Less people fight at these weights, people in the World are getting bigger, taller, heavier. Therefore , to be the best, there's less competition.
    B. Because every guy at these low,low weights carries no surplus ounces, they're all fit as fleas, they're all quick as fuck and because they are so "levelled", there's more chance of titles changing hands more often. Naturally there are exceptions to every rule and I know Yamanake was champ for a long time, but by and large I believe this theory applies.
    Come on then, I'm giving you all a chance to make me look stupid!
    Theory B. would imply the level of competition is far greater at lower weights, no? Apart from the physical superiority en masse you've outlined, it makes sense that titles will change hands more frequently amongst a pool of competition of equal standard. And by that reasoning would make standout fighters more worthy than any to be considered special (P4P).

    A? It's only true of the very two smallest divisions that there's significantly less pros per division. Bantamweight (which is the weight of this thread) has over a thousand registered pros, virtually the same amount as lightheavy. Then factor in that it's far more likely for smaller weight fighters to explore surrounding divisions and you can make a case for them having more top-drawer competition than heavier weights.
    All I would say, is how many 12 stone blokes do you see walk the streets? And how many 8 stone blokes do you see walk the streets?
    In the west people are bigger, for sure.

    Not sure what your point is to be honest? (not being funny or anything)
    Nah I know you're not being funny, I'm not sure if I know myself what my point is! 😂😂😂 I'll try to explain myself later when I get a bit more time.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,178
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    281
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Nery stops Yamanaka in 4!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    What do we make of this? Yamanaka was top 10 P4P before. Does it say more about who Nery will be or more about where Yamanaka is now?

    https://youtu.be/vHcMuAsPc8A
    Now , some people aren't going to agree with me and fair enough. First and foremost, the p4p is a meaningless crock of shit after #1,2&3.
    Secondly, I have a theory that at the really low weights, they don't carry much kudos for p4p. The reasons being :
    A. Less people fight at these weights, people in the World are getting bigger, taller, heavier. Therefore , to be the best, there's less competition.
    B. Because every guy at these low,low weights carries no surplus ounces, they're all fit as fleas, they're all quick as fuck and because they are so "levelled", there's more chance of titles changing hands more often. Naturally there are exceptions to every rule and I know Yamanake was champ for a long time, but by and large I believe this theory applies.
    Come on then, I'm giving you all a chance to make me look stupid!
    Theory B. would imply the level of competition is far greater at lower weights, no? Apart from the physical superiority en masse you've outlined, it makes sense that titles will change hands more frequently amongst a pool of competition of equal standard. And by that reasoning would make standout fighters more worthy than any to be considered special (P4P).

    A? It's only true of the very two smallest divisions that there's significantly less pros per division. Bantamweight (which is the weight of this thread) has over a thousand registered pros, virtually the same amount as lightheavy. Then factor in that it's far more likely for smaller weight fighters to explore surrounding divisions and you can make a case for them having more top-drawer competition than heavier weights.
    All I would say, is how many 12 stone blokes do you see walk the streets? And how many 8 stone blokes do you see walk the streets?
    In the west people are bigger, for sure.

    Not sure what your point is to be honest? (not being funny or anything)
    right, let me try to explain myself better, I know I didn't do that , hope this is more understandable. I did say I was there to be shot down in flames and my theory is a touch contradictory in parts, but in essence, what I'm saying is that there are less fighters at the really low weights (this being at the top end of that),
    and so you can become a champion and consequently have a better chance of staying a champion for a longer time, making you appear to be more credible in the p4p rankings.
    add to this (and this is admittedly a bit contradictory) ANY 8 stone guy is tip top fit, throws a million punches and is quick as fuck, because they're 8 stone.
    this means that you can have "upsets" and fluctuations on a more regular basis. the contradiction is "well if that's the case , Yamanake should have MORE kudos for being a champion as long as he was?"
    so Yamanake wasn't a great example, but that's what my theory is all about.
    I know, it's still not that clear, is it? just forget about it, I'm having a funny one.
    I Miss @Ross

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Gotham/Batcave
    Posts
    3,303
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    193
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Nery stops Yamanaka in 4!

    You done good Primo, that was still as clear as mud :-)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,178
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    281
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    You done good Primo, that was still as clear as mud :-)
    Yeah I know!! 😂😂

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,574
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    56
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Nery stops Yamanaka in 4!

    What a way to make an entrance. Yamanaka was getting a little long in the tooth but was still very highly regarded. His rematch with Moreno was excellent. Cracks had started to appear. Nery is a nice addition to the division. His chin passed a stern test and he's got some pop. The division is slowly heating up. The guy to watch at 118 for me is Emmanuel Rodriguez.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Yamanaka v Moreno (spoiler alert)
    By Silkeyjoe in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-24-2015, 01:37 PM
  2. Julio Ceja gunning for Shinsuke Yamanaka
    By FinitoElDinamita in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-24-2014, 04:38 PM
  3. Shinsuke Yamanaka
    By FinitoElDinamita in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-12-2013, 08:54 AM
  4. Shinsuke Yamanaka VS Anselmo Moreno
    By FinitoElDinamita in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-09-2013, 07:10 AM
  5. YAMANAKA KO Rd. 7 over ROJAS (Knockout Of The Year?)
    By CutMeMick in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-08-2012, 02:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Boxing Hompage | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Video Clips | Boxing Forum | Boxing Downloads| Boxing Twitter | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Quiz | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Betting Odds | Boxers Records | Auctions | Fun and Games | Articles on Boxing | World News | Earn Money from your Website | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2017 Saddo Boxing - Disclaimer l Boxing