Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Trout Canelo

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    south of england near brighton
    Posts
    1,395
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    660
    Cool Clicks

    Default Trout Canelo

    Was watching this again as I knew Trout was fighting this weekend.

    Great fight! I forgot just how close it was - I didn't score round by round but Trout I think had the better overall.



    Enjoy!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8,077
    Mentioned
    452 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    389
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Trout Canelo

    Quote Originally Posted by oakleyno1 View Post
    Was watching this again as I knew Trout was fighting this weekend.

    Great fight! I forgot just how close it was - I didn't score round by round but Trout I think had the better overall.



    Enjoy!
    I've been saying this here for years Trout won this fight period end of story.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    774
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    20
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Trout Canelo

    Canelo dropped him with a right hand and out landed him with power punches.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,187
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    241
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Trout Canelo

    I had trout winning when I watched it live. Close fight. Could have gone either way. Trout took an unfortunate turn though. He had his signature win with Cotto, had a pickem fight with Canelo, then lost to Lara easily. He was just kind of forgotten after that.

    He had a good showing against Charlo which leads me to believe he still has something left in the tank. He actually hasn’t been fighting for as long as I thought. He isn’t that old. He just kind of faded away.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,733
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    62
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Trout Canelo

    A very close fight. The scores in that fight were way too wide. Canelo scored the KD but it could have gone either way. I also thought the Charlo lose was razor thin. Hurd better not follow Trout around the ring.
    “It rubs the lotion on its skin. It does this whenever it is told. ”

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    46,839
    Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2466
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Trout Canelo

    Quote Originally Posted by GaMo View Post
    Canelo dropped him with a right hand and out landed him with power punches.
    Yes, you would say that.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    774
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    20
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Trout Canelo

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GaMo View Post
    Canelo dropped him with a right hand and out landed him with power punches.
    Yes, you would say that.
    They’re facts.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,231
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    357
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Trout Canelo

    Feel like Trout is a perfect example of the mental aspects of the sport. Some fighters, like Marvin Hagler, Ali, Bhop...etc., can take a controversial loss and use it as fuel to improve and fight harder in their next fight. Other guys, like Trout, can lose a couple of close, disputes fights and lose something. Kelly Pavilik was the same after his close loss to Sergio Martinez. Some guys just lose some self confidence and never recover. Trout is a very capable fighter and as you pointed out, isn’t that old, so that leads me to believe it is a mental thing with him.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    46,839
    Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2466
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Feel like Trout is a perfect example of the mental aspects of the sport. Some fighters, like Marvin Hagler, Ali, Bhop...etc., can take a controversial loss and use it as fuel to improve and fight harder in their next fight. Other guys, like Trout, can lose a couple of close, disputes fights and lose something. Kelly Pavilik was the same after his close loss to Sergio Martinez. Some guys just lose some self confidence and never recover. Trout is a very capable fighter and as you pointed out, isn’t that old, so that leads me to believe it is a mental thing with him.
    In a similar vein, hope Kovolev is mentally tough to come back from his losses.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. 194 Press/Fan scores for Trout vs Canelo
    By fightscorecollector in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-23-2013, 09:20 PM
  2. Canelo vs Trout, how did you score the fight????
    By fightscorecollector in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-22-2013, 06:01 AM
  3. What will a win over Trout do for Canelo?
    By outspoken in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-18-2013, 04:55 PM
  4. Canelo vs Trout, April 20th!!!
    By Ant Live in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-09-2013, 06:20 AM
  5. Canelo: I will be facing Austin Trout on May 4th
    By Tam Seddon in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 03-01-2013, 06:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Boxing Hompage | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Video Clips | Boxing Forum | Boxing Downloads| Boxing Twitter | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Quiz | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Betting Odds | Boxers Records | Auctions | Fun and Games | Articles on Boxing | World News | Earn Money from your Website | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2017 Saddo Boxing - Disclaimer l Boxing