Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Best heavyweights today.

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    london
    Posts
    5,394
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    690
    Cool Clicks

    Default Best heavyweights today.

    We know who are on their last last legs in the heavyweight division..Chisora, Pulev etc.

    We want prime fighting prime.

    AJ
    Wilder
    Whyte
    Parker

    Give me your next x3 heavyweight fights you want to see next and would happily pay money for..

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    54,390
    Mentioned
    1383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2630
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Best heavyweights today.

    Novelty fight not primes but could to have now

    DDD v Price
    Hughie v Joyce
    Fury v Bellew
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    london
    Posts
    5,394
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    690
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Best heavyweights today.

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Novelty fight not primes but could to have now

    DDD v Price
    Hughie v Joyce
    Fury v Bellew
    Out of all the above I would most like to see Fury/Bellew.

    Bellew must keep annoying the Fury camp and make it happen!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    56,804
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2919
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Best heavyweights today.

    Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder- it has to happen next and it almost has to be a fight with an immediate rematch...these guys are in their primes, they are big, they hit hard, the fans want it, the pundits want it, everyone wants it and even if there's a 1st round KO there should be a rematch just because.


    Jarrell Miller vs Dillian Whyte - Similar size, similar age, a little difference in level of competition but I think it's a great competitive match and certainly one that could be a set up for the winner of AJ vs Wilder.


    Dominic Breazeale vs Otto Wallin - boxer-puncher vs slick southpaw, similar pro experience albeit with different classes of fighters, I think it would be a challenge for both fighters.


    Adam Kownacki vs Andy Ruiz Jr - I'm going to be honest neither of these guys is likely to hold a title but this fight could be a bloodbath just two guys of similar size, similar age, similar style, and they will just rock'em-sock'em robot toe to toe it would be BRILLIANT for FNF.


    Tony Yoka vs Joe Joyce - A rematch of the 2016 Olympic Superheavyweight Final, why not?


    Filip Hrgovic vs Michael Hunter - 2 good young prospects, 6'7 vs 6'2, definite style clash, 5(4 KO)-0-0 vs 14(9 KO)-1-0...only downside I see to Hrgovic right now is that he's a Sauerland fighter which of course means it'll be like 20 years until he has a meaningful fight, he's got pedigree though he was a bronze medalist in 2016
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,239
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    326
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Best heavyweights today.

    The division has been awful for years. Wilder vs AJ is the first HW fight in at least a decade that I’ve been really interested in. Any other HW fight right now isn’t interesting really.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,108
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    195
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Best heavyweights today.

    Obviously AJ/ Wilder

    Povetkin/ Miller

    Fury/ Bellew
    They live, We sleep

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,769
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1081
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    I feel like Ortiz can be thrown in the mix and beat most of the above guys besides the top 2. He’s getting older but gave Wilder a real run for his money.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,108
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    195
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Best heavyweights today.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    I feel like Ortiz can be thrown in the mix and beat most of the above guys besides the top 2. He’s getting older but gave Wilder a real run for his money.
    I wouldn't mind seeing him in with Povetkin.
    They live, We sleep

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,724
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    384
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Best heavyweights today.

    Based on reality , and to be honest after the top 2 , the rest are all as bad as each other! in order , I would say:
    Joshua
    Wilder
    Povetkin
    Parker
    Ortiz
    Whyte
    Brezeale
    Takam
    there are loads of others that I haven't seen enough of that could well be up there, and as for Tyson Fury, he can't be classed anywhere near it based on what we saw last week. When he steps up, he can easily be reconsidered and could go top 3 or 4 , but I really can't see him ever being no.1 . could be wrong.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    18,594
    Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1569
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Best heavyweights today.

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder- it has to happen next and it almost has to be a fight with an immediate rematch...these guys are in their primes, they are big, they hit hard, the fans want it, the pundits want it, everyone wants it and even if there's a 1st round KO there should be a rematch just because.


    Jarrell Miller vs Dillian Whyte - Similar size, similar age, a little difference in level of competition but I think it's a great competitive match and certainly one that could be a set up for the winner of AJ vs Wilder.


    Dominic Breazeale vs Otto Wallin - boxer-puncher vs slick southpaw, similar pro experience albeit with different classes of fighters, I think it would be a challenge for both fighters.


    Adam Kownacki vs Andy Ruiz Jr - I'm going to be honest neither of these guys is likely to hold a title but this fight could be a bloodbath just two guys of similar size, similar age, similar style, and they will just rock'em-sock'em robot toe to toe it would be BRILLIANT for FNF.


    Tony Yoka vs Joe Joyce - A rematch of the 2016 Olympic Superheavyweight Final, why not?


    Filip Hrgovic vs Michael Hunter - 2 good young prospects, 6'7 vs 6'2, definite style clash, 5(4 KO)-0-0 vs 14(9 KO)-1-0...only downside I see to Hrgovic right now is that he's a Sauerland fighter which of course means it'll be like 20 years until he has a meaningful fight, he's got pedigree though he was a bronze medalist in 2016



    I liked this list, merely for not having Fury on it.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    37,006
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4657
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Best heavyweights today.

    I think Whyte will turn into a real player with victory over Parker. Honestly I'd be pretty happy if Wilder saw fit to fight him as precursor to AJ. How in the hell are B.J Flores and Guillermo Jones ranked in top 10.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-11-2009, 10:32 PM
  2. Top 5 Most Skilled Heavyweights Today
    By BoomBoom in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 11:07 AM
  3. Replies: 86
    Last Post: 07-28-2007, 12:32 PM
  4. 90s Foreman vs. Today's Heavyweights
    By Samson3000 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-16-2006, 05:17 PM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 11:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Boxing Hompage | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Video Clips | Boxing Forum | Boxing Downloads| Boxing Twitter | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Quiz | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Betting Odds | Boxers Records | Auctions | Fun and Games | Articles on Boxing | World News | Earn Money from your Website | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2017 Saddo Boxing - Disclaimer l Boxing