Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  25
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 64

Thread: Mikey Garcia is a boss

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,806
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    325
    Cool Clicks

    Default Mikey Garcia is a boss

    It appears a matchup with Spence is really on the table and not just talk. If this guy can win a belt at 140, unify at 135 and challenge Spence for his title at 147 in one year he gets my vote for fighter of the year win or lose.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    53,401
    Mentioned
    1339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2605
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Mikey Garcia is a boss

    Garcia would be a great if he did all that.

    I would be happy with with him doing one of those things.
    Last edited by Master; 06-24-2018 at 01:51 PM.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    11,769
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    962
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Mikey Garcia is a boss

    A boss, should be dropped as a gratuitory term. No way this fight happens though, gross physical mismatch. Garcia is far better than Lipinets, but the size difference told massively in that fight. Spence is a really big welter with crazy physicality.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,545
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    366
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Mikey Garcia is a boss

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    It appears a matchup with Spence is really on the table and not just talk. If this guy can win a belt at 140, unify at 135 and challenge Spence for his title at 147 in one year he gets my vote for fighter of the year win or lose.
    I agree, but in a way I hope it doesn’t happen. Reason being that if (when) he loses, casual fans will downgrade him not realising the enormity of the challenge.
    If he did fight him and won.........Wow!
    Undisputed 4 belt champion And soon to be P4P! - Back where I belong.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,014
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    310
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Mikey Garcia is a boss

    As high of regard as I hold Mikey, he would just be overmatched. Spence is just too big. Honestly, 140 is wide open and once Mikey unifies at lightweight, there will be some interesting matchups at for him at 140.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    36,261
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4633
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Mikey Garcia is a boss

    A massive Bridge too far for me. Honestly for as top notch as Garcia is he or those advising him come off very scattered. Just a couple of weeks ago they were all about 135 and the talks of Loma had fans drooling. Just pick a path son and deal with what's in front of you first and foremost . He was pushing it physically at even 140 and getting clipped with more shots than needed. I don't think it's a smart move to ping pong around divisions especially when it comes to a one man wrecking crew like Spence jr just hitting his stride and who knocks jr middles or higher around in sparring. Bad night all over for Garcia.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,806
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    325
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Mikey Garcia is a boss

    I agree it looks scattered, and a Loma fight would be the dream fight. But Arum has been quite clear he isn’t going to make that fight.

    And I agree it’s a bridge too far. But that’s exactly why Mikey wants it, because everyone says he shouldn’t.

    Just in this era where everyone looks for the path of least resistance I respect a guy who could camp out at 135 and dominate making good money saying “you say I can’t beat this guy, then I want him”.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    36,261
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4633
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Mikey Garcia is a boss

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I agree it looks scattered, and a Loma fight would be the dream fight. But Arum has been quite clear he isn’t going to make that fight.

    And I agree it’s a bridge too far. But that’s exactly why Mikey wants it, because everyone says he shouldn’t.

    Just in this era where everyone looks for the path of least resistance I respect a guy who could camp out at 135 and dominate making good money saying “you say I can’t beat this guy, then I want him”.
    Some are saying the exact same of Loma right now who just barged in and crashed on Mikeys couch. Like to see him try to clean his own house out.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,806
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    325
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Mikey Garcia is a boss

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I agree it looks scattered, and a Loma fight would be the dream fight. But Arum has been quite clear he isn’t going to make that fight.

    And I agree it’s a bridge too far. But that’s exactly why Mikey wants it, because everyone says he shouldn’t.

    Just in this era where everyone looks for the path of least resistance I respect a guy who could camp out at 135 and dominate making good money saying “you say I can’t beat this guy, then I want him”.
    Some are saying the exact same of Loma right now who just barged in and crashed on Mikeys couch. Like to see him try to clean his own house out.
    I don’t really understand. We know Loma is out with an injury. We know after that he has unification in mind because TR will always do in house first. Mikey can unify and fight Spence before Loma has done these things.

    Then a Mikey/Loma fight lines up perfectly if TR is willing to do it. We know for a fact they are not willing to do it now because they said so. Do you suggest Mikey goes back on the shelf waiting on TR?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    36,261
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4633
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Mikey Garcia is a boss

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I agree it looks scattered, and a Loma fight would be the dream fight. But Arum has been quite clear he isn’t going to make that fight.

    And I agree it’s a bridge too far. But that’s exactly why Mikey wants it, because everyone says he shouldn’t.

    Just in this era where everyone looks for the path of least resistance I respect a guy who could camp out at 135 and dominate making good money saying “you say I can’t beat this guy, then I want him”.
    Some are saying the exact same of Loma right now who just barged in and crashed on Mikeys couch. Like to see him try to clean his own house out.
    I don’t really understand. We know Loma is out with an injury. We know after that he has unification in mind because TR will always do in house first. Mikey can unify and fight Spence before Loma has done these things.

    Then a Mikey/Loma fight lines up perfectly if TR is willing to do it. We know for a fact they are not willing to do it now because they said so. Do you suggest Mikey goes back on the shelf waiting on TR?
    All with unifying and Loma will probably got Beltran route. Honestly don't think he makes it back to a huge Loma-Arum event after Spence jr in what I personally think is sure defeat and pretty costly on his body. In time it takes Mikey to unify, and he'll be moving away from a now recovered Loma, Spence jr will have 147 sorting out all around him.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    5,244
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    169
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Mikey Garcia is a boss

    I'd love to see the fight happen, Mikey would gets huge props. Don't see it happening tho. More of a publicity thing I think.

    Could Mikey fight Linares before a Loma clash?

    I don't think Garcia should venture much higher than 140.
    F.A.Y.B.A.N.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,806
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    325
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Mikey Garcia is a boss

    Loma is doing rehab then a December fight(Beltran) I thought.

    Garcia is looking at Easter then a December fight vs Spence.

    Seems like it lines up well. Depending on how long Garcia holds up vs Spence. If he could survive 12 rounds without getting battered he walks away a bigger star even with an L.

    For Spence I’d rather see a good WW, I’m only considering Mikey’s side. I’d rather not see guys jump 2 classes and get beat on size. Just, I don’t think Mikey has the same financial motivation others have had as Mikey already gets paid well. If he did it it would be because he believes he can win. Whether right or far more likely very wrong.

    But fighting for 4 belts in 3 weight classes in one year would be a feat is all I’m really getting at.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    5,244
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    169
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Mikey Garcia is a boss

    That would definitely be some feat.

    And imagine if he won.
    F.A.Y.B.A.N.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,014
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    310
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Mikey Garcia is a boss

    He could be the modern day Henry Armstrong

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    53,401
    Mentioned
    1339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2605
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Mikey Garcia is a boss

    It ain't going to happen but will make up for the lost time.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Mikey Garcia vs. Jorge Linares.
    By VG_Addict in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 01-05-2018, 11:40 AM
  2. Mikey Garcia..where is this guy going?
    By Spicoli in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-28-2015, 06:53 AM
  3. Terence Crawford vs. Mikey Garcia.
    By VG_Addict in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-11-2014, 03:58 PM
  4. Gamboa wants Mikey Garcia in April or May
    By FinitoElDinamita in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-30-2013, 03:18 PM
  5. Gamboa said he do 130 for Mikey Garcia
    By Boxer4life in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-06-2013, 03:02 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Boxing Hompage | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Video Clips | Boxing Forum | Boxing Downloads| Boxing Twitter | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Quiz | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Betting Odds | Boxers Records | Auctions | Fun and Games | Articles on Boxing | World News | Earn Money from your Website | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2017 Saddo Boxing - Disclaimer l Boxing