Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Rocky Marciano versus Nikolai valuev

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ex'way to your Skull
    Posts
    23,898
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1134
    Cool Clicks

    Default Rocky Marciano versus Nikolai valuev

    Before we all just laugh at this let's seriously picture this fight. Both men in their Primes. I think valuev was about 7 foot two and I know Rocky Marciano was about five foot ten. Marciano used to weigh in for his fights at about 184 lb and as high as 186 and a half pounds when he fought Archie Moore. I'm assuming value of weight over 300 lb. Marciano's reach was 67 in.

    That's basically the reach of a welterweight

    Muhammad Ali had a reach of 83 in and value of had to have it reach of at least 93 in or more. Valuev probably had a 30 in reach advantage on Rocky Marciano and probably outweighed him by 130 lb or more

    Seriously let's think about how this fight would go. I would let somebody else start first before I say what I think
    Last edited by brocktonblockbust; 06-25-2018 at 09:21 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    298
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    236
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Rocky Marciano versus Nikolai valuev

    Valuev could move well for a big man, and had the stamina to go 12 rounds.

    In Rockys era, rounds went up to 15, would it go that far?

    Valuev, would simply stick out his left jab, to keep rocky at distance.
    Valuev can protect his head pretty well both sides, so he can move around with his slow plodding jab and that's about it

    Rocky would be hitting those ribs constantly, I don't think Valuev could keep him off.

    Rocky retires Valuev by 14th round unless hes crushed by Valuev falling on top of him.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    52,564
    Mentioned
    1284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2585
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Rocky Marciano versus Nikolai valuev

    The contest today would not be allowed as Rocky would be a cruiserweight.

    If it was in the era of Rocky, the mob would threaten Valuev and he would "fall" in the 10th round.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ex'way to your Skull
    Posts
    23,898
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1134
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Rocky Marciano versus Nikolai valuev

    It's true that I don't think that nickel I could keep Marciano from rushing underneath and pounding his ribs but at the same time if Nikolai landed in overhand shopping right to the back of Marciano's head I don't think Marciano could take too many of those

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,872
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2084
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Rocky Marciano versus Nikolai valuev

    Marciano was as good as is era , he isnt superman.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    london
    Posts
    5,325
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    669
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Rocky Marciano versus Nikolai valuev

    Quote Originally Posted by sanatogen View Post
    Valuev could move well for a big man, and had the stamina to go 12 rounds.

    In Rockys era, rounds went up to 15, would it go that far?

    Valuev, would simply stick out his left jab, to keep rocky at distance.
    Valuev can protect his head pretty well both sides, so he can move around with his slow plodding jab and that's about it

    Rocky would be hitting those ribs constantly, I don't think Valuev could keep him off.

    Rocky retires Valuev by 14th round unless hes crushed by Valuev falling on top of him.
    Rubbish!

    A prime David Haye would spark Rocky.

    Marciano is no Calzaghe.

    Marciano would get splattered from Tyson’s era to present day.

    Calzaghe would hold his own in ANY era.

    I’m using Calzaghe as they are both White from Italian heritage and are of course undefeated..different weight classes and completely different styles though.
    Last edited by imp; 06-27-2018 at 03:03 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    london
    Posts
    5,325
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    669
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Rocky Marciano versus Nikolai valuev

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    The contest today would not be allowed as Rocky would be a cruiserweight.

    If it was in the era of Rocky, the mob would threaten Valuev and he would "fall" in the 10th round.
    David Haye is an overblown crusierweight but had the height..he looked tiny against Valuev.

    We will never know how many fights Marciano legitimately won without the Mob behind him...loyal fans will continue to ignore this and put him above Joe Louis, TBE etc

    Great fighter but not Special.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    298
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    236
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Rocky Marciano versus Nikolai valuev

    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Rubbish!

    A prime David Haye would spark Rocky.

    Marciano is no Calzaghe.

    Marciano would get splattered from Tyson’s era to present day.

    Calzaghe would hold his own in ANY era.

    I’m using Calzaghe as they are both White from Italian heritage and are of course undefeated..different weight classes and completely different styles though.
    Why are we even talking about David Haye

    Whether he can spark Rocky or not is of no importance surely? Styles make fights? Valuev is no David Haye either.

    Why even bring up Calzaghe? Whether he is of italian descent is of no relevance either surely? It's all about the fighter ability and spirit?

    The scenario I brought up about Valuevs ribs being pounded isn't that far fetched. Noone is saying any boxer is superman, but Rocky was persistent and showed he could
    overwhelm an opponent even if he was in trouble.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    52,564
    Mentioned
    1284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2585
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Rocky Marciano versus Nikolai valuev

    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    The contest today would not be allowed as Rocky would be a cruiserweight.

    If it was in the era of Rocky, the mob would threaten Valuev and he would "fall" in the 10th round.
    David Haye is an overblown crusierweight but had the height..he looked tiny against Valuev.

    We will never know how many fights Marciano legitimately won without the Mob behind him...loyal fans will continue to ignore this and put him above Joe Louis, TBE etc

    Great fighter but not Special.
    Rocky is no Haye
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Windsor
    Posts
    775
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    801
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Rocky Marciano versus Nikolai valuev

    totally daft thread, how about Gene Tunney vs Frank Bruno?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ex'way to your Skull
    Posts
    23,898
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1134
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Rocky Marciano versus Nikolai valuev

    First of all the thread is not daft. Second of all I take issue with saying that Rocky Marciano's fights was set up by the mob. The only close decisions he ever had with his first fight against Roland lastarza and his first fight against Ezzard Charles. When he knocked people called onto the canvas for a few minutes how did the Mob set that up? What a load of nonsense

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    52,564
    Mentioned
    1284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2585
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Rocky Marciano versus Nikolai valuev

    Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post
    totally daft thread, how about Gene Tunney vs Frank Bruno?
    Tunney outboxes Bruno with ease.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    london
    Posts
    5,325
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    669
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Rocky Marciano versus Nikolai valuev

    Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post
    totally daft thread, how about Gene Tunney vs Frank Bruno?
    Prince Naz vs Deontay Wilder?

    Would Naz make Wilder tired down the stretch with all the missing shots and put him to sleep in the 9th.

    Lol

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. prime Rocky Marciano vs Nikolai Valuev
    By brocktonblockbust in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-27-2015, 06:17 AM
  2. How do you prepare for Nikolai Valuev?
    By SigmaMu in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-27-2007, 09:39 PM
  3. Nikolai Valuev vs. Monte Barrett
    By Klitschkofn4lfe in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-30-2006, 06:21 PM
  4. Nikolai Valuev Interview
    By El Gamo in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-27-2006, 09:26 PM
  5. Nikolai Valuev: Is He The Real Deal?
    By jabvargas24 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 09-24-2006, 04:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Boxing Hompage | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Video Clips | Boxing Forum | Boxing Downloads| Boxing Twitter | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Quiz | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Betting Odds | Boxers Records | Auctions | Fun and Games | Articles on Boxing | World News | Earn Money from your Website | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2017 Saddo Boxing - Disclaimer l Boxing