Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  25
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 95

Thread: Boris Burka Row - To BAN or not to BAN? Islamophobia?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    21,216
    Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2731
    Cool Clicks

    Default Boris Burka Row - To BAN or not to BAN? Islamophobia?

    Now I don't give a monkies about Boris but i'm sure you all know this is front page news, Boris should be sacked for racism/islamaphobia for calling women who wear the burka "postboxes," however, he wasn't for banning it in full and criticised Denmark in becoming the 10-12th(?) Euro gaff to do so.

    I know what the majority of vocal voices here think of muslims/islam in general, so obviously expect most will be in favour of banning it, however, almost all the strong voices on muslim/islam here are freedom of speech advocates, right? Isn't freedom to dress however the funk you want the same as freedom of speech as long as you don't incite violence?

    Personally I believe the burka is utterly pathetic, medieval misogynistic nonsense, I feel sympathy for women who live in countries where they constantly fight against this nonsense only to see western countries populated with women "choosing" to. However, I also believe women should be allowed to wear whatever the fuck they want - mini skirt, bin bag or burka? It's their CHOICE!!!

    Is this position hypocritical?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    51,931
    Mentioned
    1248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2572
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Boris Burka Row - To BAN or not to BAN? Islamophobia?

    I do not think your position is hypocritical because you recognise it is their choice but that you do not like it.

    You do not want to ban it do you?

    Boris is just an opportunist who wants to stay relevant now that he is a back bencher.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    17,781
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    905
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Boris Burka Row - To BAN or not to BAN? Islamophobia?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Now I don't give a monkies about Boris but i'm sure you all know this is front page news, Boris should be sacked for racism/islamaphobia for calling women who wear the burka "postboxes," however, he wasn't for banning it in full and criticised Denmark in becoming the 10-12th(?) Euro gaff to do so.

    I know what the majority of vocal voices here think of muslims/islam in general, so obviously expect most will be in favour of banning it, however, almost all the strong voices on muslim/islam here are freedom of speech advocates, right? Isn't freedom to dress however the funk you want the same as freedom of speech as long as you don't incite violence?

    Personally I believe the burka is utterly pathetic, medieval misogynistic nonsense, I feel sympathy for women who live in countries where they constantly fight against this nonsense only to see western countries populated with women "choosing" to. However, I also believe women should be allowed to wear whatever the fuck they want - mini skirt, bin bag or burka? It's their CHOICE!!!

    Is this position hypocritical?
    Not at all makes perfect sense. Boris and Bannon, Rees-Mogg etc have an agenda and so it is hard to divorce what Boris says from that and his Prime Ministerial ambitions. It is an appeal to the worst kind of Populism. Of course people should be able to discuss the burqka which is not even prescribed by Islam but that does not change the right of people to choose to wear it.


    For me it is lie a virtue signaling of actual false modesty it makes men seem as though they are all predators if they cannot look at a face without feeling about sexual attraction, but like you say what are you going to ban next people wearing gorilla suits, mankinis, nuns wearing habits, kids dressed as actual pillar boxes next to their postman pat brother?

    It does not really matter what you write people will just make up what they think you think anyway. I can't find it anymore but one of the first threads I started on here was about the failure of multi-culturalism. Then I recommended a book form 2004 by Michael Collins (not the IRA guy ) called

    "The Likes of Us - A Biography of the White Working Class"

    then a couple months later...

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    The facts speak for themselves. Stop making excuses for what they have done with silly personal attacks. Many of the white working classes are trapped there and are being assaulted from all angles with nobody to defend them and the 'lucky' ones like me have to alienate themselves and avoid it entirely. But if we criticise it we are a caricature or racist or any insult that you like.

    Read this very interesting article, look at the society that remains and tell me that I am a caricature. I am no caricature, I am angry and seething, and it is genuine. Every white English working class person should feel the same rage as we have been truly done over.

    The English white working-class and the British elite – From the salt of the earth to the scum of the earth | England calling

    It is a well written blog, something that maybe your own efforts would do well to be directed towards. About 10 years ago Michael Collins wrote a book on this subject

    "The Likes of Us - A Biography of the White Working Class"

    The point that he made most successfully for me was to point out the hypocrisy of the middle and upper classes who have always been quick to label working class whites as racist. This like many things is completely untrue and an inversion of reality. Working Class white communities have always worked alongside non white immigrants from the English market traders to the Cardiff Dockers to the Glaswegian shipbuilders. For hundreds of years. Somalis,Italians, Jews,West Indians, etc have come to this country and worked alongside us, not the middle and upper classes, and you are right there is justifiable anger, but we should be careful to direct it at those who abuse power and not those disenfranchised alongside us, just because they are not white.
    Hidden Content

    You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ex'way to your Skull
    Posts
    23,130
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1121
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Boris Burka Row - To BAN or not to BAN? Islamophobia?

    My view on this is also quite conflicted.

    For some reason I look at every single woman no matter the age and find something sexually attractive about her. I have been like that since I was about 13 or 14 years old. I find a lot of my Arabic friends and Indian friends are the same. they look at anything that moves as the expression goes. Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche was famous for saying that the only time a man can be truly just friends with a woman is when there is a severe physical antipathy involved. So for me the Burka is a very good thing.... It stops me from looking at attractive woman who are married which is even worse and also because I am married and it is not a good thing for me either.

    I know some people will vehement Lee disagree as it has been stated above that it makes all men look like predators. but it doesn't have to go as Extreme as being a predator because it is bad enough just to Ogle over a beautiful woman for more than a couple of seconds. I mean you need at least a few seconds for her beautiful face and then you need more than just a few seconds for her beautiful body. That doesn't make a man a predator it just makes some men real suckers for feminine beauty and feminine sexuality.

    I am one of those suckers and so therefore I support the burqa and I support the hijab

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    42,800
    Mentioned
    765 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3028
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Boris Burka Row - To BAN or not to BAN? Islamophobia?

    Not sure why I am being quoted in this thread but I don't care about covering up faces and I have certainly been proven right about the angry working classes. Brexit and Robinson is working class rage bubbling as predicted.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,852
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2080
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Boris Burka Row - To BAN or not to BAN? Islamophobia?

    BAN IT , it isnt part of western culture so if the muslims want to live here then lets abide by western rules.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ex'way to your Skull
    Posts
    23,130
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1121
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Boris Burka Row - To BAN or not to BAN? Islamophobia?

    ]Okay I agree with dark lord Al. Let all those hot young Muslim women take that thing off so I can check them out

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    42,800
    Mentioned
    765 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3028
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Boris Burka Row - To BAN or not to BAN? Islamophobia?

    I'm won over. Ban it.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ex'way to your Skull
    Posts
    23,130
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1121
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Boris Burka Row - To BAN or not to BAN? Islamophobia?

    Yeah man I seen some Somali girls over here who decided to take it off and all I can say is

    ******WOW*******

    β€β€β€πŸ’—πŸ’—β€πŸ’—β€πŸ’—β€πŸ’—β€

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    51,931
    Mentioned
    1248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2572
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Boris Burka Row - To BAN or not to BAN? Islamophobia?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    BAN IT , it isnt part of western culture so if the muslims want to live here then lets abide by western rules.
    Western culture is about freedom of religion, speech and expression. So it must be allowed.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    17,781
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    905
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Boris Burka Row - To BAN or not to BAN? Islamophobia?

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    BAN IT , it isnt part of western culture so if the muslims want to live here then lets abide by western rules.
    Western culture is about freedom of religion, speech and expression. So it must be allowed.
    Knockout.
    Hidden Content

    You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    17,781
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    905
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Boris Burka Row - To BAN or not to BAN? Islamophobia?

    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    My view on this is also quite conflicted.

    For some reason I look at every single woman no matter the age and find something sexually attractive about her. I have been like that since I was about 13 or 14 years old. I find a lot of my Arabic friends and Indian friends are the same. they look at anything that moves as the expression goes. Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche was famous for saying that the only time a man can be truly just friends with a woman is when there is a severe physical antipathy involved. So for me the Burka is a very good thing.... It stops me from looking at attractive woman who are married which is even worse and also because I am married and it is not a good thing for me either.

    I know some people will vehement Lee disagree as it has been stated above that it makes all men look like predators. but it doesn't have to go as Extreme as being a predator because it is bad enough just to Ogle over a beautiful woman for more than a couple of seconds. I mean you need at least a few seconds for her beautiful face and then you need more than just a few seconds for her beautiful body. That doesn't make a man a predator it just makes some men real suckers for feminine beauty and feminine sexuality.

    I am one of those suckers and so therefore I support the burqa and I support the hijab
    Is Vehment Lee related to Christopher Lee ?

    Hidden Content

    You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,573
    Mentioned
    515 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    467
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Boris Burka Row - To BAN or not to BAN? Islamophobia?

    As long as it’s not mandatory I have no issue with it. I don’t think a women should have to cover her figure to keep men from lusting but since we are pigs it does work

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    17,781
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    905
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Boris Burka Row - To BAN or not to BAN? Islamophobia?

    Nah.. I am sure some people will just fetishize Burqkas. Or Letterboxes.


    I mean some people think lamposts are sexy which is why Miles is not single and Walrus can't wait to cock his leg.
    Hidden Content

    You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    55,063
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2867
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Boris Burka Row - To BAN or not to BAN? Islamophobia?

    Head covering is ok as long as that is what the individual CHOOSES of their own free will to do


    face covering ...even if you WANT to cover your face for religious purposes I'm sorry. Masks and face coverings are for bitter cold weather and Halloween and that is all...unless there's a job like cleaning up asbestos or welding or you play goalie in hockey then a mask is ok, but just as your everyday attire Nah we're not doing that shit.
    Last edited by El Kabong; 08-09-2018 at 10:42 AM.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Boris Johnson is a clumsy C**T!
    By Primo Carnera in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-22-2015, 07:02 PM
  2. Boris
    By Dia bando in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-10-2014, 09:20 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 04:44 AM
  4. Boris Johnson's tackle
    By gogs67 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-06-2006, 09:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Boxing Hompage | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Video Clips | Boxing Forum | Boxing Downloads| Boxing Twitter | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Quiz | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Betting Odds | Boxers Records | Auctions | Fun and Games | Articles on Boxing | World News | Earn Money from your Website | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2017 Saddo Boxing - Disclaimer l Boxing