Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 76 to 89 of 89

Thread: Frampton/Fury - BT Sports & Showtime 18/8/18

Share/Bookmark
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,452
    Mentioned
    1407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2661
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Frampton/Fury - BT Sports & Showtime 18/8/18

    Luke Jackson reveals gruesome injuries after suffering two burst eardrums during brutal Carl Frampton defeat in Belfast

    Luke Jackson has revealed he fought on with two perforated eardrums before being stopped in the ninth round of his interim title fight against Carl Frampton last weekend at Windsor Park.

    Australian Jackson, who previously had never been put on the canvas in his career, was floored in the eighth with a brutal body shot before his corner had seen enough and threw in the towel to draw a halt to proceedings.

    The 33-year-old put in a gamely and gutsy performance but was ultimately outclassed by the home fighter and revealed the full extent of the gruesome injuries he sustained at the hands of Frampton by posting a post-fight picture of his bruised and battered face on Instagram.



    He accompanied the picture with a caption, writing: 'You don't play boxing! Two perforated eardrums - left ear in round 3, right ear in round 6 and then the body shot in round 8.

    'I wanted to finish the fight but I respect my coach and my team's decision. I'll live to fight another day.'

    Jackson was undefeated in his 16 pro fights prior to the Belfast showdown but will now have to go back to the drawing board and regroup after suffering his first loss.

    Frampton, meanwhile, now has eyes set on bigger and better things after realising his boxing dream of fighting and winning at the Belfast Stadium.

    The Jackal's merciless performance has teed up a battle of Britain with Josh Warrington for his IBF world featherweight title, which could take place in Manchester later this year.

    'Given our styles, this could be the fight of the year,' said Frampton about a potential clash with Warrington after confounding suspicions that he may be past his prime.

    Both Frampton and Warrington are promoted by Frank Warren, which will make negotiations less complicated.



    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/box...on-defeat.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,158
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    361
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Frampton/Fury - BT Sports & Showtime 18/8/18

    People, please stop saying anyone will hold up a fight with AJ. It just looks foolish. 2 years ago Wilder called out AJ and AJ replied “we’ll fight later” since then “I may freeze him out” “maybe in 2019 or 2020” all the embarrassing BS of the recent swerve.

    AJ will fight him but it is clear as day AJ has put this fight off. Forget his own words saying so, just look at this. Wilder offered AJ 50 million AND a percentage. AJ refused and offered back no percentage. AJ gave the meaningless Parker a percentage, AJ gave the meaningless Povetkin a percentage. But not Wilder. Don’t try to invent a narrative. AJ didn’t want the fight, clear as day. It makes more money later anyway, good business. But don’t believe obvious obvious BS, make them tell the truth by calling the obvious obvious BS what it is, BS.

    Don’t make this place an echo chamber where you sit around telling each other nonsense. Keep it real

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,452
    Mentioned
    1407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2661
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Frampton/Fury - BT Sports & Showtime 18/8/18

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    People, please stop saying anyone will hold up a fight with AJ. It just looks foolish. 2 years ago Wilder called out AJ and AJ replied “we’ll fight later” since then “I may freeze him out” “maybe in 2019 or 2020” all the embarrassing BS of the recent swerve.

    AJ will fight him but it is clear as day AJ has put this fight off. Forget his own words saying so, just look at this. Wilder offered AJ 50 million AND a percentage. AJ refused and offered back no percentage. AJ gave the meaningless Parker a percentage, AJ gave the meaningless Povetkin a percentage. But not Wilder. Don’t try to invent a narrative. AJ didn’t want the fight, clear as day. It makes more money later anyway, good business. But don’t believe obvious obvious BS, make them tell the truth by calling the obvious obvious BS what it is, BS.

    Don’t make this place an echo chamber where you sit around telling each other nonsense. Keep it real
    Where did all that rant come from? We have said all that is to be said around this without going around and rehearsing the same arguments.

    Wilder is hopefully fighting Fury which makes AJ look foolish. Let's see what happens next.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,158
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    361
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Frampton/Fury - BT Sports & Showtime 18/8/18

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    People, please stop saying anyone will hold up a fight with AJ. It just looks foolish. 2 years ago Wilder called out AJ and AJ replied “we’ll fight later” since then “I may freeze him out” “maybe in 2019 or 2020” all the embarrassing BS of the recent swerve.

    AJ will fight him but it is clear as day AJ has put this fight off. Forget his own words saying so, just look at this. Wilder offered AJ 50 million AND a percentage. AJ refused and offered back no percentage. AJ gave the meaningless Parker a percentage, AJ gave the meaningless Povetkin a percentage. But not Wilder. Don’t try to invent a narrative. AJ didn’t want the fight, clear as day. It makes more money later anyway, good business. But don’t believe obvious obvious BS, make them tell the truth by calling the obvious obvious BS what it is, BS.

    Don’t make this place an echo chamber where you sit around telling each other nonsense. Keep it real
    Where did all that rant come from? We have said all that is to be said around this without going around and rehearsing the same arguments.

    Wilder is hopefully fighting Fury which makes AJ look foolish. Let's see what happens next.
    Look at the thread, multiple people have mentioned Wilder May push off an AJ fight, Fury May push off an AJ fight. AJ brings the most money(unless we are absolutely stunned to learn Wilder can sell PPVs in the USA, highly highly unlikely). The guy that brings the most money gets the fights they want when they want.(unless Arum is on the other side)

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    19,880
    Mentioned
    767 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    983
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Frampton/Fury - BT Sports & Showtime 18/8/18

    Frampton Warrington looks like it could be class. Warrington may have got Selby on a less than perfect night but he more than did a number on him. Frampton is not as sharp as he was and it's almost a 60/40 fight now unlike a year or two ago when Frampton would have been the clear favourite.
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,452
    Mentioned
    1407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2661
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Frampton/Fury - BT Sports & Showtime 18/8/18

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Frampton Warrington looks like it could be class. Warrington may have got Selby on a less than perfect night but he more than did a number on him. Frampton is not as sharp as he was and it's almost a 60/40 fight now unlike a year or two ago when Frampton would have been the clear favourite.
    Frampton looked as good, if not better, in his last fight against Jackson than I have ever seen him. He was calm, relaxed and vicious destroying Luke.

    Warrington will give it a good go but he is made for the counterpunching Frampton who will break him up in front of Josh's own fans.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,169
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    212
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Frampton/Fury - BT Sports & Showtime 18/8/18

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Frampton Warrington looks like it could be class. Warrington may have got Selby on a less than perfect night but he more than did a number on him. Frampton is not as sharp as he was and it's almost a 60/40 fight now unlike a year or two ago when Frampton would have been the clear favourite.
    Frampton looked as good, if not better, in his last fight against Jackson than I have ever seen him. He was calm, relaxed and vicious destroying Luke.

    Warrington will give it a good go but he is made for the counterpunching Frampton who will break him up in front of Josh's own fans.
    Warrington/ Frampton is a mouthwatering bout.

    I think it's 50/50, Frampton has looked good but he did get caught a few times. Another top class fight.
    They live, We sleep

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,452
    Mentioned
    1407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2661
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Frampton/Fury - BT Sports & Showtime 18/8/18

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Frampton Warrington looks like it could be class. Warrington may have got Selby on a less than perfect night but he more than did a number on him. Frampton is not as sharp as he was and it's almost a 60/40 fight now unlike a year or two ago when Frampton would have been the clear favourite.
    Frampton looked as good, if not better, in his last fight against Jackson than I have ever seen him. He was calm, relaxed and vicious destroying Luke.

    Warrington will give it a good go but he is made for the counterpunching Frampton who will break him up in front of Josh's own fans.
    Warrington/ Frampton is a mouthwatering bout.

    I think it's 50/50, Frampton has looked good but he did get caught a few times. Another top class fight.
    Warrington does not hit hard enough for it to be a 50/50. It is 70/30 in Frampton's favour.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,169
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    212
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Frampton/Fury - BT Sports & Showtime 18/8/18

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Frampton Warrington looks like it could be class. Warrington may have got Selby on a less than perfect night but he more than did a number on him. Frampton is not as sharp as he was and it's almost a 60/40 fight now unlike a year or two ago when Frampton would have been the clear favourite.
    Frampton looked as good, if not better, in his last fight against Jackson than I have ever seen him. He was calm, relaxed and vicious destroying Luke.

    Warrington will give it a good go but he is made for the counterpunching Frampton who will break him up in front of Josh's own fans.
    Warrington/ Frampton is a mouthwatering bout.

    I think it's 50/50, Frampton has looked good but he did get caught a few times. Another top class fight.
    Warrington does not hit hard enough for it to be a 50/50. It is 70/30 in Frampton's favour.
    He hits hard enough and brings enough pressure to make it 50/50 for me. Who has Frampton stopped at 126?
    They live, We sleep

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,452
    Mentioned
    1407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2661
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Frampton/Fury - BT Sports & Showtime 18/8/18

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Frampton Warrington looks like it could be class. Warrington may have got Selby on a less than perfect night but he more than did a number on him. Frampton is not as sharp as he was and it's almost a 60/40 fight now unlike a year or two ago when Frampton would have been the clear favourite.
    Frampton looked as good, if not better, in his last fight against Jackson than I have ever seen him. He was calm, relaxed and vicious destroying Luke.

    Warrington will give it a good go but he is made for the counterpunching Frampton who will break him up in front of Josh's own fans.
    Warrington/ Frampton is a mouthwatering bout.

    I think it's 50/50, Frampton has looked good but he did get caught a few times. Another top class fight.
    Warrington does not hit hard enough for it to be a 50/50. It is 70/30 in Frampton's favour.
    He hits hard enough and brings enough pressure to make it 50/50 for me. Who has Frampton stopped at 126?
    Style wise Frampton will beat and punish Warrington. He may not stop him but he is a class above.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,169
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    212
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Frampton/Fury - BT Sports & Showtime 18/8/18

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Frampton Warrington looks like it could be class. Warrington may have got Selby on a less than perfect night but he more than did a number on him. Frampton is not as sharp as he was and it's almost a 60/40 fight now unlike a year or two ago when Frampton would have been the clear favourite.
    Frampton looked as good, if not better, in his last fight against Jackson than I have ever seen him. He was calm, relaxed and vicious destroying Luke.

    Warrington will give it a good go but he is made for the counterpunching Frampton who will break him up in front of Josh's own fans.
    Warrington/ Frampton is a mouthwatering bout.

    I think it's 50/50, Frampton has looked good but he did get caught a few times. Another top class fight.
    Warrington does not hit hard enough for it to be a 50/50. It is 70/30 in Frampton's favour.
    He hits hard enough and brings enough pressure to make it 50/50 for me. Who has Frampton stopped at 126?
    he is a class above.
    That's what I thought about Selby. This is a very tough fight for both guys in my opinion.
    They live, We sleep

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,452
    Mentioned
    1407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2661
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Frampton/Fury - BT Sports & Showtime 18/8/18

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Frampton Warrington looks like it could be class. Warrington may have got Selby on a less than perfect night but he more than did a number on him. Frampton is not as sharp as he was and it's almost a 60/40 fight now unlike a year or two ago when Frampton would have been the clear favourite.
    Frampton looked as good, if not better, in his last fight against Jackson than I have ever seen him. He was calm, relaxed and vicious destroying Luke.

    Warrington will give it a good go but he is made for the counterpunching Frampton who will break him up in front of Josh's own fans.
    Warrington/ Frampton is a mouthwatering bout.

    I think it's 50/50, Frampton has looked good but he did get caught a few times. Another top class fight.
    Warrington does not hit hard enough for it to be a 50/50. It is 70/30 in Frampton's favour.
    He hits hard enough and brings enough pressure to make it 50/50 for me. Who has Frampton stopped at 126?
    he is a class above.
    That's what I thought about Selby. This is a very tough fight for both guys in my opinion.
    Have to admit Warrington fought better than I thought he would and raised his game. It was the "Bellew factor" fighting in front of his own fans at his football club raised his game to a new level. Josh could do it again and needs to if he wants to win. Selby did look wight drained, Frampton will be a class above.

    Just watch.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,169
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    212
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Frampton/Fury - BT Sports & Showtime 18/8/18

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Frampton Warrington looks like it could be class. Warrington may have got Selby on a less than perfect night but he more than did a number on him. Frampton is not as sharp as he was and it's almost a 60/40 fight now unlike a year or two ago when Frampton would have been the clear favourite.
    Frampton looked as good, if not better, in his last fight against Jackson than I have ever seen him. He was calm, relaxed and vicious destroying Luke.

    Warrington will give it a good go but he is made for the counterpunching Frampton who will break him up in front of Josh's own fans.
    Warrington/ Frampton is a mouthwatering bout.

    I think it's 50/50, Frampton has looked good but he did get caught a few times. Another top class fight.
    Warrington does not hit hard enough for it to be a 50/50. It is 70/30 in Frampton's favour.
    He hits hard enough and brings enough pressure to make it 50/50 for me. Who has Frampton stopped at 126?
    he is a class above.
    That's what I thought about Selby. This is a very tough fight for both guys in my opinion.
    Have to admit Warrington fought better than I thought he would and raised his game. It was the "Bellew factor" fighting in front of his own fans at his football club raised his game to a new level. Josh could do it again and needs to if he wants to win. Selby did look wight drained, Frampton will be a class above.

    Just watch.
    What a year it would be for Warrington if he could pull it off.
    They live, We sleep

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,452
    Mentioned
    1407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2661
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Frampton/Fury - BT Sports & Showtime 18/8/18

    If Warrington pulls this off then he is the British fighter of the year.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 138
    Last Post: 06-13-2018, 07:37 AM
  2. Adonis Stevenson vs Badou Jack - Sky Sports/Showtime
    By smashup in forum Fight Threads
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 05-22-2018, 04:12 PM
  3. Frampton v Donaire - Tete v Narvaez - BT Sports
    By smashup in forum Fight Threads
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 04-25-2018, 10:57 AM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-13-2016, 09:18 PM
  5. Replies: 129
    Last Post: 01-20-2016, 08:13 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Boxing Hompage | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Video Clips | Boxing Forum | Boxing Downloads| Boxing Twitter | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Quiz | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Betting Odds | Boxers Records | Auctions | Fun and Games | Articles on Boxing | World News | Earn Money from your Website | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2017 Saddo Boxing - Disclaimer l Boxing