Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Actors who are always Mafia dudes

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    17,225
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1522
    Cool Clicks

    Default Actors who are always Mafia dudes

    Movies about the Mafia have always been among my favorites, and it seems there is this core group of actors who do nothing but Mafia characters. Then there's the elite actors who've done Mafia, but have a huge body of work in other roles as well, like De Niro and Pacino. What actors do you immediately connect with Mafia roles? An old favorite of mine is Analyze This, and a couple of characters that I've seen in several Mafia movies are Chazz Palminteri and Joe Viterelli. Joe Pesci and Paul Sorvino are another couple of Italian Mafia favorites. Sorvino always seems to play some kind of boss. What are some of the others?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,996
    Mentioned
    523 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    478
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Actors who are always Mafia dudes

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Movies about the Mafia have always been among my favorites, and it seems there is this core group of actors who do nothing but Mafia characters. Then there's the elite actors who've done Mafia, but have a huge body of work in other roles as well, like De Niro and Pacino. What actors do you immediately connect with Mafia roles? An old favorite of mine is Analyze This, and a couple of characters that I've seen in several Mafia movies are Chazz Palminteri and Joe Viterelli. Joe Pesci and Paul Sorvino are another couple of Italian Mafia favorites. Sorvino always seems to play some kind of boss. What are some of the others?
    Damn Chazz was the first one that came to me. That guy who played big pussy on the sopranos has done a number. Maybe u mentioned him I forget his name.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    52,549
    Mentioned
    1284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2585
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Actors who are always Mafia dudes

    When you say mafia you mean gangster use to love films like Godfather, scarface, casino, my favourite Goodfellas and to some extent Heat.

    Layer cake is a good movie as is Score with Dr Miro.

    Never watched Sopranos or Narco.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,870
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2084
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Actors who are always Mafia dudes

    Joe Pasquale gravel voiced tough guy.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    18,190
    Mentioned
    697 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    915
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Actors who are always Mafia dudes

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Joe Pasquale gravel voiced tough guy.
    Hidden Content

    You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    17,225
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1522
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Actors who are always Mafia dudes

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Movies about the Mafia have always been among my favorites, and it seems there is this core group of actors who do nothing but Mafia characters. Then there's the elite actors who've done Mafia, but have a huge body of work in other roles as well, like De Niro and Pacino. What actors do you immediately connect with Mafia roles? An old favorite of mine is Analyze This, and a couple of characters that I've seen in several Mafia movies are Chazz Palminteri and Joe Viterelli. Joe Pesci and Paul Sorvino are another couple of Italian Mafia favorites. Sorvino always seems to play some kind of boss. What are some of the others?
    Damn Chazz was the first one that came to me. That guy who played big pussy on the sopranos has done a number. Maybe u mentioned him I forget his name.


    Vincent Pastore. Good call.... no, I hadn't mentioned him.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    17,225
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1522
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Actors who are always Mafia dudes

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    When you say mafia you mean gangster use to love films like Godfather, scarface, casino, my favourite Goodfellas and to some extent Heat.

    Layer cake is a good movie as is Score with Dr Miro.

    Never watched Sopranos or Narco.


    Well, gangster is a more encompassing genre, and can include all sorts of tough guy gangs. I actually mean Italian Mafia, which I like more.

    As far as movies go, I also like Bronx Tale. Although it's more the tough guy gang type movie, it has all the actors I like.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    52,549
    Mentioned
    1284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2585
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Actors who are always Mafia dudes

    Bronx Tale is a great movie and made me think that stereotyping Italians as gangsters who are criminals is not a good thing. A real man is someone who works hard, looks after his family and loved ones, stays within the law and maintains his good name.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    17,225
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1522
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Actors who are always Mafia dudes

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Bronx Tale is a great movie and made me think that stereotyping Italians as gangsters who are criminals is not a good thing. A real man is someone who works hard, looks after his family and loved ones, stays within the law and maintains his good name.

    Yeah, the movie did a great job with that. It also portrayed the real division and animosity between groups like the Italians and the blacks in NYC back in those times. We never lived that, so it's nice to see a movie that shows how it used to be.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    55,631
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2880
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Actors who are always Mafia dudes

    Old school: Paul Muni, George Raft, James Cagney, Humphrey Bogart, and the absolute A#1 Edward G. Robinson....Robet DeNiro wishes he was Robinson!

    A couple of shouts to Charles Dierkop, William Forsyth, Tony Sirico, James Gandolfini, Joe Mantegna, Richard Castellano, James Caan, Marlon Brando, Ray Liotta, and Steve Schirippa.

    I think Gabriel Byrne and Albert Finney did great in Miller's Crossing which is underrated.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    52,549
    Mentioned
    1284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2585
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Actors who are always Mafia dudes

    Liotta played his character brilliantly in Goodfellas. He starts laughing hysterically at inappropriate moments, genius.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    7,404
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1481
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Actors who are always Mafia dudes

    Millers Crossing was excellent - great soundtrack too.

    Bronx Tale one of my all time favourites. Still one of the best sick days I ever pulled from work - rented two films from Blockbuster . Bronx Tale and Carlitos Way. What a day.

    Vincent Pastore sprung to mind when seeing thread title. Pesci. De Niro and Steve Van Zandt I suppose.

    Love gangster movies if done right.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    35,863
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4616
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Actors who are always Mafia dudes

    Not sure what his birth certificate says but Christopher Walken gets honorable mention for King of New York . In a single role Stephen Graham was superb as Al Capone in 'Boardwalk Empire'.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    55,631
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2880
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Actors who are always Mafia dudes

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Not sure what his birth certificate says but Christopher Walken gets honorable mention for King of New York . In a single role Stephen Graham was superb as Al Capone in 'Boardwalk Empire'.
    Stephen Graham as Babyface Nelson was also the ONLY good thing about Public Enemies!
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    35,863
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4616
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Actors who are always Mafia dudes

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Not sure what his birth certificate says but Christopher Walken gets honorable mention for King of New York . In a single role Stephen Graham was superb as Al Capone in 'Boardwalk Empire'.
    Stephen Graham as Babyface Nelson was also the ONLY good thing about Public Enemies!
    Was the Depp remake? Crap I have not seen that, not so good eh? Wait , thinking of The Public enemy .
    Last edited by Spicoli; 09-16-2018 at 04:06 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Actors that boxed
    By frasd in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-01-2014, 02:31 PM
  2. Which actors do you think plays the best Villains?
    By FinitoElDinamita in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-06-2013, 01:25 AM
  3. Want this dudes job.
    By Andre in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-24-2012, 10:15 PM
  4. Great Actors Old & New
    By BIG H in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 06-11-2008, 11:12 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Boxing Hompage | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Video Clips | Boxing Forum | Boxing Downloads| Boxing Twitter | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Quiz | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Betting Odds | Boxers Records | Auctions | Fun and Games | Articles on Boxing | World News | Earn Money from your Website | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2017 Saddo Boxing - Disclaimer l Boxing