Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41

Thread: Would Floyd dare to come back for Canelo now?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,977
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    161
    Cool Clicks

    Default Would Floyd dare to come back for Canelo now?

    Floyd talking all sorts of nonsense fights at the moment.

    Question is, would he come back for the present Canelo at 160?

    Would Canelo oblige to another Floyd catchweight demand?

    We knew Floyd wouldn't entertain a GGG fight (I doubt he would even attempt it now). But does he think he could still beat the current Canelo?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    36,029
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4625
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Would Floyd dare to come back for Canelo now?

    The man is like a lingering fungus. If Canelo went that route it would be a big step backwards on all fronts save for his bank account. Same as Manny for me..zero interest not paying a dime for it and huge dislike for Canelo rekindled .

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,977
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    161
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Would Floyd dare to come back for Canelo now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    The man is like a lingering fungus. If Canelo went that route it would be a big step backwards on all fronts save for his bank account. Same as Manny for me..zero interest not paying a dime for it and huge dislike for Canelo rekindled .
    You know old fishnets would love the opportunity to get revenge on Floyd (even if it's through Canelo), while also making a packet. Canelo also gets to even the score and make millions.

    I don't like it, but we know how this game works.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    17,542
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1533
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Would Floyd dare to come back for Canelo now?

    Floyd-Canelo? Absolutely NOT. Much less at 160. Why? Floyd is light-years away from being a legitimate MW. He would be playing into Canelo's hands. Canelo's team would love nothing more than to entice Floyd to another fight. They wouldn't go below 160 though. Not unless Canelo can take a page out of JCC Junior's book and use diuretics to make weight, then rehydrate to 180. It's pointless. No..... scratch.... it's BEYOND pointless. A farce of Biblical proportions. The first and only fight was proof enough. Canelo's not anywhere near Floyd's league in boxing prowess, and would need a circus-like advantage to have any chance at beating him. Floyd's been out of the game for awhile now, so.... again that would work in Canelo's favor.

    Floyd..... just go away (again), please.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,767
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    320
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Would Floyd dare to come back for Canelo now?

    I don’t think so. Not because of Canelo but because Floyd is not Floyd anymore. The Mayweathers are stupid outside the ring but I’m sure they can well see Floyd is past it. I want him and PAC to go away so people stop looking at that $$$ and start considering real fights.

    Arum says he will negotiate with Garcia now, but won’t start negotiations until after Loma’s next fight in December. That’s something. Outside the fact Mikey may not want to wait 3 months to even begin talks. But Loma/Garcia, Spence/beltholder, Wilder/AJ, Monster/belyholder, Charlo/GGG, these are the fights we deserve for our money. Not Floyd/anyone

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,977
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    161
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Would Floyd dare to come back for Canelo now?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Floyd-Canelo? Absolutely NOT. Much less at 160. Why? Floyd is light-years away from being a legitimate MW. He would be playing into Canelo's hands. Canelo's team would love nothing more than to entice Floyd to another fight. They wouldn't go below 160 though. Not unless Canelo can take a page out of JCC Junior's book and use diuretics to make weight, then rehydrate to 180. It's pointless. No..... scratch.... it's BEYOND pointless. A farce of Biblical proportions. The first and only fight was proof enough. Canelo's not anywhere near Floyd's league in boxing prowess, and would need a circus-like advantage to have any chance at beating him. Floyd's been out of the game for awhile now, so.... again that would work in Canelo's favor.

    Floyd..... just go away (again), please.
    So you think current Canelo beats current Floyd at 160?

    Do you think Canelo would accept a catchweight for the huge purse the fight would generate?

    Or can Canelo now challenge Floyd on the A side bs?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,977
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    161
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Would Floyd dare to come back for Canelo now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I don’t think so. Not because of Canelo but because Floyd is not Floyd anymore. The Mayweathers are stupid outside the ring but I’m sure they can well see Floyd is past it. I want him and PAC to go away so people stop looking at that $$$ and start considering real fights.

    Arum says he will negotiate with Garcia now, but won’t start negotiations until after Loma’s next fight in December. That’s something. Outside the fact Mikey may not want to wait 3 months to even begin talks. But Loma/Garcia, Spence/beltholder, Wilder/AJ, Monster/belyholder, Charlo/GGG, these are the fights we deserve for our money. Not Floyd/anyone
    Yea I was taking with Spicoli in the Burns/Beltran thread about Robert and Arum talking. Thought that might make you happy. Let's see how it pans out.

    Mikey's mandatory against Commey will be ordered soon, so he can get that out of the way, then they can both look at fighting next year.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ex'way to your Skull
    Posts
    24,742
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1148
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Would Floyd dare to come back for Canelo now?

    This Thread is whacked beyond belief almost as whacked as the people who thought Triple G won the fight

    Floyd Mayweather can fight Canelo at any weight 150 160 or 170 and still kick his ass

    Floyd Mayweather also kicks Manny Pacquiao's asshole

    And Mayweather will also wipe out Triple G right now too. No way Triple G ages as gracefully as Floyd Mayweather. One year from now Triple G will be walking around with a cane

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    36,029
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4625
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Would Floyd dare to come back for Canelo now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    The man is like a lingering fungus. If Canelo went that route it would be a big step backwards on all fronts save for his bank account. Same as Manny for me..zero interest not paying a dime for it and huge dislike for Canelo rekindled .
    You know old fishnets would love the opportunity to get revenge on Floyd (even if it's through Canelo), while also making a packet. Canelo also gets to even the score and make millions.

    I don't like it, but we know how this game works.
    Yeh he would but Fishnets risks making him the laughing stock all over again too. Ground taken and legacy gained..regardless of how I feel about the guy..should be built on not rolled backwards. Game only works if suckers keep bending over for the likes of Floyds con at this stage. Canelo must aim higher I think, turn the page.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,977
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    161
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Would Floyd dare to come back for Canelo now?

    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    This Thread is whacked beyond belief almost as whacked as the people who thought Triple G won the fight

    Floyd Mayweather can fight Canelo at any weight 150 160 or 170 and still kick his ass

    Floyd Mayweather also kicks Manny Pacquiao's asshole

    And Mayweather will also wipe out Triple G right now too. No way Triple G ages as gracefully as Floyd Mayweather. One year from now Triple G will be walking around with a cane
    Mayweather can't compete with these guys now, that's why his last fight was against a guy with an 0-0-0 record.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ex'way to your Skull
    Posts
    24,742
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1148
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Would Floyd dare to come back for Canelo now?

    you don't think Floyd is fast enough to stay out of the way of punches and just land a few Jabs here and there and counter rights to win the decisions

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,977
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    161
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Would Floyd dare to come back for Canelo now?

    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    you don't think Floyd is fast enough to stay out of the way of punches and just land a few Jabs here and there and counter rights to win the decisions
    I would love to see him try.

    Unfortunately Floyd would never risk it.

    I hate to say it, but if Floyd announced he was coming back to take on Canelo next May, that's the biggest fight in the sport.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    17,542
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1533
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Would Floyd dare to come back for Canelo now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Floyd-Canelo? Absolutely NOT. Much less at 160. Why? Floyd is light-years away from being a legitimate MW. He would be playing into Canelo's hands. Canelo's team would love nothing more than to entice Floyd to another fight. They wouldn't go below 160 though. Not unless Canelo can take a page out of JCC Junior's book and use diuretics to make weight, then rehydrate to 180. It's pointless. No..... scratch.... it's BEYOND pointless. A farce of Biblical proportions. The first and only fight was proof enough. Canelo's not anywhere near Floyd's league in boxing prowess, and would need a circus-like advantage to have any chance at beating him. Floyd's been out of the game for awhile now, so.... again that would work in Canelo's favor.

    Floyd..... just go away (again), please.
    So you think current Canelo beats current Floyd at 160?

    Do you think Canelo would accept a catchweight for the huge purse the fight would generate?

    Or can Canelo now challenge Floyd on the A side bs?




    Canelo would play the A side B.S. on Floyd. He'd demand they fight at 160. Assuming Floyd signs up for that circus, Canelo would come in at 180. Remember Canelo-Khan? This would take longer, as a nod to Floyd's boxing ability..... but eventually the hammer would come down. It would only take one. Floyd would soil his legacy, but make $$$$$...... Canelo would crow how he beat the world's p4p (never mind he's out of boxing right now)...... and both would laugh all the way to the bank. The fans would end up with pie on their face.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,977
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    161
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Would Floyd dare to come back for Canelo now?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Floyd-Canelo? Absolutely NOT. Much less at 160. Why? Floyd is light-years away from being a legitimate MW. He would be playing into Canelo's hands. Canelo's team would love nothing more than to entice Floyd to another fight. They wouldn't go below 160 though. Not unless Canelo can take a page out of JCC Junior's book and use diuretics to make weight, then rehydrate to 180. It's pointless. No..... scratch.... it's BEYOND pointless. A farce of Biblical proportions. The first and only fight was proof enough. Canelo's not anywhere near Floyd's league in boxing prowess, and would need a circus-like advantage to have any chance at beating him. Floyd's been out of the game for awhile now, so.... again that would work in Canelo's favor.

    Floyd..... just go away (again), please.
    So you think current Canelo beats current Floyd at 160?

    Do you think Canelo would accept a catchweight for the huge purse the fight would generate?

    Or can Canelo now challenge Floyd on the A side bs?

    Canelo would play the A side B.S. on Floyd. He'd demand they fight at 160. Assuming Floyd signs up for that circus, Canelo would come in at 180. Remember Canelo-Khan? This would take longer, as a nod to Floyd's boxing ability..... but eventually the hammer would come down. It would only take one. Floyd would soil his legacy, but make $$$$$...... Canelo would crow how he beat the world's p4p (never mind he's out of boxing right now)...... and both would laugh all the way to the bank. The fans would end up with pie on their face.
    Perfect post.

    So business as usual then?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    17,542
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1533
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Would Floyd dare to come back for Canelo now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Floyd-Canelo? Absolutely NOT. Much less at 160. Why? Floyd is light-years away from being a legitimate MW. He would be playing into Canelo's hands. Canelo's team would love nothing more than to entice Floyd to another fight. They wouldn't go below 160 though. Not unless Canelo can take a page out of JCC Junior's book and use diuretics to make weight, then rehydrate to 180. It's pointless. No..... scratch.... it's BEYOND pointless. A farce of Biblical proportions. The first and only fight was proof enough. Canelo's not anywhere near Floyd's league in boxing prowess, and would need a circus-like advantage to have any chance at beating him. Floyd's been out of the game for awhile now, so.... again that would work in Canelo's favor.

    Floyd..... just go away (again), please.
    So you think current Canelo beats current Floyd at 160?

    Do you think Canelo would accept a catchweight for the huge purse the fight would generate?

    Or can Canelo now challenge Floyd on the A side bs?

    Canelo would play the A side B.S. on Floyd. He'd demand they fight at 160. Assuming Floyd signs up for that circus, Canelo would come in at 180. Remember Canelo-Khan? This would take longer, as a nod to Floyd's boxing ability..... but eventually the hammer would come down. It would only take one. Floyd would soil his legacy, but make $$$$$...... Canelo would crow how he beat the world's p4p (never mind he's out of boxing right now)...... and both would laugh all the way to the bank. The fans would end up with pie on their face.
    Perfect post.

    So business as usual then?

    Absolutely.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Canelo's gameplan against Floyd.
    By VG_Addict in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-13-2015, 11:08 PM
  2. Replies: 56
    Last Post: 12-15-2013, 09:34 PM
  3. Seriously 114-114 floyd vs Canelo
    By g3org3 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-17-2013, 12:16 AM
  4. Floyd wants to bring Canelo down to 147
    By FinitoElDinamita in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: 05-18-2013, 02:21 AM
  5. Can you see Canelo beating Floyd Jr?
    By Tito BHB in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-14-2011, 11:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Boxing Hompage | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Video Clips | Boxing Forum | Boxing Downloads| Boxing Twitter | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Quiz | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Betting Odds | Boxers Records | Auctions | Fun and Games | Articles on Boxing | World News | Earn Money from your Website | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2017 Saddo Boxing - Disclaimer l Boxing