Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41

Thread: Did Inoue step on Payano's foot before landing the right?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ex'way to your Skull
    Posts
    24,692
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1147
    Cool Clicks

    Default Did Inoue step on Payano's foot before landing the right?

    I watched it a few times and it seems like after the Japanese landed that jolting left Jab he stepped on the front foot of the South Paw, accidentally of course, and there's a kind of delay of the right hand because I think it looks like he had only been thinking about throwing the Jab but Payano appear to trip backwards in an odd way and it was then that the Japanese saw him off balance and saw the opening and followed with a sort of delayed straight right hand knockout

    Right after the jab lands you can see it

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    McAllen, Texas?
    Posts
    4,904
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    845
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Did Inoue step on Payano's foot before landing the right?

    I don't think he did. I think he stepped inside Payano's right foot when he jabbed then took a short pivot to the right as he threw the right hand.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ex'way to your Skull
    Posts
    24,692
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1147
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Did Inoue step on Payano's foot before landing the right?

    Joe I knew you would be the one to comment on this first because you are such the technician and the Tactical expert. It's hard to see, you are right. It could have stepped just inside his lead foot but it does look close.... it is a little bit odd the way Payano sort of tried to step back but then his whole body kind of turned squaring him up a bit, just in time for that whistling right hand that clocked him.

    Could be that jab was harder than we realize it may be knocked him back as opposed to him losing some balance due to his foot maybe being stepped on. It's just a weird kind of Left Right combination, like a little hitch in between the left and the right... I'm not sure that the Japanese was thinking of throwing a right at all but then suddenly saw that odd reaction from the jab and so threw it

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    169
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Did Inoue step on Payano's foot before landing the right?

    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Joe I knew you would be the one to comment on this first because you are such the technician and the Tactical expert. It's hard to see, you are right. It could have stepped just inside his lead foot but it does look close.... it is a little bit odd the way Payano sort of tried to step back but then his whole body kind of turned squaring him up a bit, just in time for that whistling right hand that clocked him.

    Could be that jab was harder than we realize it may be knocked him back as opposed to him losing some balance due to his foot maybe being stepped on. It's just a weird kind of Left Right combination, like a little hitch in between the left and the right... I'm not sure that the Japanese was thinking of throwing a right at all but then suddenly saw that odd reaction from the jab and so threw it
    i like those hesitations a lot.



    and it lets you throw your one two quick like this.



    because those little hesitations break up your rhythm.



    i saw that ko the way you did. it was the hesitation. they dont see it because they cant expect it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ex'way to your Skull
    Posts
    24,692
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1147
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Did Inoue step on Payano's foot before landing the right?

    I'm glad somebody else saw that hesitation although let's be honest if it was a hesitation it was like a millisecond haha and yet still you felt there was some kind of a hitch in there like I did. Very interesting that stuff

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    169
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Did Inoue step on Payano's foot before landing the right?

    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    I'm glad somebody else saw that hesitation although let's be honest if it was a hesitation it was like a millisecond haha and yet still you felt there was some kind of a hitch in there like I did. Very interesting that stuff
    was it a little like this?


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ex'way to your Skull
    Posts
    24,692
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1147
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Did Inoue step on Payano's foot before landing the right?

    Yep that's it

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,939
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    161
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Did Inoue step on Payano's foot before landing the right?

    Inoue's foot was inside.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ex'way to your Skull
    Posts
    24,692
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1147
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Did Inoue step on Payano's foot before landing the right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Inoue's foot was inside.
    Okay, I couldn't see, but it musta been just a picture perfect 1-2, it was one of the best I ever seen. Inoue is fast and pinpoint.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    21,491
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2743
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Did Inoue step on Payano's foot before landing the right?

    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Joe I knew you would be the one to comment on this first because you are such the technician and the Tactical expert.
    fucks sake man
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,939
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    161
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Did Inoue step on Payano's foot before landing the right?

    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Inoue's foot was inside.
    Okay, I couldn't see, but it musta been just a picture perfect 1-2, it was one of the best I ever seen. Inoue is fast and pinpoint.
    Posted a new vid in the other board, much better angles.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    169
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Did Inoue step on Payano's foot before landing the right?

    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Yep that's it
    my conclusion is, after inoue jabs, a little hesitation signals to payano he is done punching, so its now his turn to punch. my turn. your turn. and at that moment, he gets hit with a right hand.



    my guess is he was in the process of starting a jab when he gets hit and was interrupted by the right hand.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    21,491
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2743
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Did Inoue step on Payano's foot before landing the right?

    What really happened is - The pause from Inoue was due to subconsciously admiring how perfect the jab squashed Payano's face in half, he then briefly contemplated whether or not he really is "The One," which delayed the right hand. Fact.

    1i2u3y4t5h6n7m8f9m - Inoue sees the world like you post Brock.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    McAllen, Texas?
    Posts
    4,904
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    845
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Did Inoue step on Payano's foot before landing the right?

    All he did was jab then pivot on his left foot to cut the distance the right had to travel and to get all his weight turning on the punch. It also moved him out of line for the other guy's left hand.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    169
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Did Inoue step on Payano's foot before landing the right?

    Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    All he did was jab then pivot on his left foot to cut the distance the right had to travel and to get all his weight turning on the punch. It also moved him out of line for the other guy's left hand.
    not so.



    left foot never moves. right foot moves only after the punch has landed. body stays in one place. no pivoting or fancy moving around him as you are implying.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Fight Night on FS1 Payano vs Santiago
    By Spicoli in forum Fight Threads
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-23-2017, 06:05 PM
  2. Replies: 63
    Last Post: 06-21-2016, 02:18 AM
  3. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-04-2015, 04:51 AM
  4. Inoue Vs Narvaez confirmed with Inoue Vs Narvaez
    By iamasadlittleboy in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-06-2014, 07:09 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-13-2012, 11:17 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Boxing Hompage | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Video Clips | Boxing Forum | Boxing Downloads| Boxing Twitter | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Quiz | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Betting Odds | Boxers Records | Auctions | Fun and Games | Articles on Boxing | World News | Earn Money from your Website | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2017 Saddo Boxing - Disclaimer l Boxing