Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: Khan v Brook - weight clause agreed at 147lbs

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    18,438
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1544
    Cool Clicks

    Default Khan v Brook - weight clause agreed at 147lbs

    Khan and Brook have agreed to a weight clause where Brook can't put on more than 10lbs on fight day.

    https://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...-weight-clause

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    18,115
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1552
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Khan v Brook - weight clause agreed at 147lbs

    I'm happy to see both these guys edge closer to a long-awaited meeting. Some may say it's too late.... I don't subscribe to that theory. Neither of them is old nor washed up. Just slightly damaged from ill-fated attempts to fight true middleweights.



    Still, happy to see it. I'd favor and root for Brook.

    But good on Khan for talking about rehydration limits. Ten pounds sounds a bit limiting, but I'm glad to hear a boxer..... ANY boxer..... talking about something that is truly a sham in professional boxing.

    Imagine.... if boxing had a 10-pound rehydration limit, guys like JCC Jr. and Canelo would've never had a successful boxing career. Well..... Canelo anyway.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    53,800
    Mentioned
    1358 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2614
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Khan v Brook - weight clause agreed at 147lbs

    I am glad that the fight does happen even if it should have happened years ago.

    Diva Khan has got his way with the weight hoping he will drain Brook. I hope that Kell is still strong and beats Khan. That will be justice.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,514
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1041
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Khan v Brook - weight clause agreed at 147lbs

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I'm happy to see both these guys edge closer to a long-awaited meeting. Some may say it's too late.... I don't subscribe to that theory. Neither of them is old nor washed up. Just slightly damaged from ill-fated attempts to fight true middleweights.



    Still, happy to see it. I'd favor and root for Brook.

    But good on Khan for talking about rehydration limits. Ten pounds sounds a bit limiting, but I'm glad to hear a boxer..... ANY boxer..... talking about something that is truly a sham in professional boxing.

    Imagine.... if boxing had a 10-pound rehydration limit, guys like JCC Jr. and Canelo would've never had a successful boxing career. Well..... Canelo anyway.

    Khans desperate to drain brook. He's not confident of winning a fair fight so has to come up with these diva demands

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    18,438
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1544
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Khan v Brook - weight clause agreed at 147lbs

    Khan himself struggled to make weight last time out, failing the first time then stripping naked to hit 147lbs.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,607
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    372
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Khan v Brook - weight clause agreed at 147lbs

    Khan is a prick and Brook is as desperate to get this fight as GGG was with Canelo. For the record, I’m still not convinced the fight will go ahead, this is just another smokescreen.
    The weight issue is just as bad for Khan. He never made weight first time for his last fight and it showed in the fight.
    If Khan really wanted this fight , he would do a CW of 150lbs. He’s outgrown 147 himself.
    As for Brook, do you people really have such short memories? He had to go to LMW because he “physically couldn’t make WW safely anymore!” Then he bowled some guy over at LMW and “put all the World champions at LMW on notice!” What happened to that little master plan ?
    I like Brook, but he’s fucking finished and Khan was finished a long time before he was trying to shag Transsexuals!
    Finally, you Brits are all a bunch of fucking mugs.Where else in the World would a good domestic dust up like this with NO relevance to the World scene be PPV? come on.
    Time and time again this is happening.
    Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion "AND THE NEW" P4P! - ALL THE MARBLES BABY!!!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    18,438
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1544
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Khan v Brook - weight clause agreed at 147lbs

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Khan is a prick and Brook is as desperate to get this fight as GGG was with Canelo. For the record, I’m still not convinced the fight will go ahead, this is just another smokescreen.
    The weight issue is just as bad for Khan. He never made weight first time for his last fight and it showed in the fight.
    If Khan really wanted this fight , he would do a CW of 150lbs. He’s outgrown 147 himself.
    As for Brook, do you people really have such short memories? He had to go to LMW because he “physically couldn’t make WW safely anymore!” Then he bowled some guy over at LMW and “put all the World champions at LMW on notice!” What happened to that little master plan ?
    I like Brook, but he’s fucking finished and Khan was finished a long time before he was trying to shag Transsexuals!
    Finally, you Brits are all a bunch of fucking mugs.Where else in the World would a good domestic dust up like this with NO relevance to the World scene be PPV? come on.
    Time and time again this is happening.




    The reason this can be a PPV is because Khan is still a massive name it he UK.
    His last fight broke the UK record for viewing figures for a subscription (non PPV) fight.
    He did well on a prime time reality tv game show about a year ago that gets huge viewing figures so everyone knows who he is be it hard-core fight fans or non fight fans.

    That's the way it is now in the UK and Hearn would be a fool not to put this on PPV because it will sell shitloads.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    18,438
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1544
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Khan v Brook - weight clause agreed at 147lbs

    Brooks been on his Instagram in the last 10 minutes saying he'll weigh in at 147 then "eat what he likes"

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BouLL0YhAzs/?hl=en

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    11,883
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    969
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Khan v Brook - weight clause agreed at 147lbs

    Brook will eat Khan alive as far as I can see... Aside from the fact that this would’ve been a lucrative domestic thing years ago, does anyone think otherwise? Brook had a couple of tough losses, but those were against guys that may have literally killed Khan in the ring. He looked good in his comeback fight, like he hadn’t lost much. Khan looked like fucking tofu against a bum last time out.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,607
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    372
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Khan v Brook - weight clause agreed at 147lbs

    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Khan is a prick and Brook is as desperate to get this fight as GGG was with Canelo. For the record, I’m still not convinced the fight will go ahead, this is just another smokescreen.
    The weight issue is just as bad for Khan. He never made weight first time for his last fight and it showed in the fight.
    If Khan really wanted this fight , he would do a CW of 150lbs. He’s outgrown 147 himself.
    As for Brook, do you people really have such short memories? He had to go to LMW because he “physically couldn’t make WW safely anymore!” Then he bowled some guy over at LMW and “put all the World champions at LMW on notice!” What happened to that little master plan ?
    I like Brook, but he’s fucking finished and Khan was finished a long time before he was trying to shag Transsexuals!
    Finally, you Brits are all a bunch of fucking mugs.Where else in the World would a good domestic dust up like this with NO relevance to the World scene be PPV? come on.
    Time and time again this is happening.




    The reason this can be a PPV is because Khan is still a massive name it he UK.
    His last fight broke the UK record for viewing figures for a subscription (non PPV) fight.
    He did well on a prime time reality tv game show about a year ago that gets huge viewing figures so everyone knows who he is be it hard-core fight fans or non fight fans.

    That's the way it is now in the UK and Hearn would be a fool not to put this on PPV because it will sell shitloads.
    Right, I’m not getting at you Smashy, because I’ve seen this statement banded around from Eddie Hearn.
    But i’m Gonna be a wanker and say that I don’t believe him and I think it’s a bare faced fucking lie!
    Unless I can see the top 10 all time non ppv subscription fights in order , I refuse to believe this.
    Eddie Hearn is a liar, period!
    Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion "AND THE NEW" P4P! - ALL THE MARBLES BABY!!!!!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,855
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    329
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Khan v Brook - weight clause agreed at 147lbs

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I'm happy to see both these guys edge closer to a long-awaited meeting. Some may say it's too late.... I don't subscribe to that theory. Neither of them is old nor washed up. Just slightly damaged from ill-fated attempts to fight true middleweights.



    Still, happy to see it. I'd favor and root for Brook.

    But good on Khan for talking about rehydration limits. Ten pounds sounds a bit limiting, but I'm glad to hear a boxer..... ANY boxer..... talking about something that is truly a sham in professional boxing.

    Imagine.... if boxing had a 10-pound rehydration limit, guys like JCC Jr. and Canelo would've never had a successful boxing career. Well..... Canelo anyway.
    Do you take medication for this?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,855
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    329
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Khan v Brook - weight clause agreed at 147lbs

    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Khan is a prick and Brook is as desperate to get this fight as GGG was with Canelo. For the record, I’m still not convinced the fight will go ahead, this is just another smokescreen.
    The weight issue is just as bad for Khan. He never made weight first time for his last fight and it showed in the fight.
    If Khan really wanted this fight , he would do a CW of 150lbs. He’s outgrown 147 himself.
    As for Brook, do you people really have such short memories? He had to go to LMW because he “physically couldn’t make WW safely anymore!” Then he bowled some guy over at LMW and “put all the World champions at LMW on notice!” What happened to that little master plan ?
    I like Brook, but he’s fucking finished and Khan was finished a long time before he was trying to shag Transsexuals!
    Finally, you Brits are all a bunch of fucking mugs.Where else in the World would a good domestic dust up like this with NO relevance to the World scene be PPV? come on.
    Time and time again this is happening.




    The reason this can be a PPV is because Khan is still a massive name it he UK.
    His last fight broke the UK record for viewing figures for a subscription (non PPV) fight.
    He did well on a prime time reality tv game show about a year ago that gets huge viewing figures so everyone knows who he is be it hard-core fight fans or non fight fans.

    That's the way it is now in the UK and Hearn would be a fool not to put this on PPV because it will sell shitloads.
    One of the saddest things I’ve ever read. Frankenstein’s monster, who is really the monster the guys mugging the public or the public that begs to be mugged.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,607
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    372
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Khan v Brook - weight clause agreed at 147lbs

    So I’ve been trying to search for these figures, because I won’t believe it till I see it with my very own eyes. And then I came across this! @Master, you will love this!
    https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8536391.html

    So according to Eddie , who saturated the market with shit value less ppv’s, ppv will die because the market is saturated!
    I really don’t know how he has the cojones to say this shit and get away with it! I’ve said it before and people ranted like fuck at me, I’m sorry, but Brits are being mugged off when it comes to ppv.
    Cue the hatred!
    Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion "AND THE NEW" P4P! - ALL THE MARBLES BABY!!!!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    18,115
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1552
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Khan v Brook - weight clause agreed at 147lbs

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I'm happy to see both these guys edge closer to a long-awaited meeting. Some may say it's too late.... I don't subscribe to that theory. Neither of them is old nor washed up. Just slightly damaged from ill-fated attempts to fight true middleweights.



    Still, happy to see it. I'd favor and root for Brook.

    But good on Khan for talking about rehydration limits. Ten pounds sounds a bit limiting, but I'm glad to hear a boxer..... ANY boxer..... talking about something that is truly a sham in professional boxing.

    Imagine.... if boxing had a 10-pound rehydration limit, guys like JCC Jr. and Canelo would've never had a successful boxing career. Well..... Canelo anyway.
    Do you take medication for this?


    Was it the last statement that you liked? I'll be sure and @mention you next time.... make it easier to find.
    Last edited by TitoFan; 10-10-2018 at 11:34 PM. Reason: felt like it

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    44,239
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3065
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Khan v Brook - weight clause agreed at 147lbs

    Khan will get knocked out again. Brook can punch and Khan is damaged goods. Brook has been damaged too, but surely Khan has brain damage as well as seen with his recent tranny behavior. The British Dela Hoya in waiting. He will retire and promote Prince Harry or Ed Sheeran or someone like that. Totally lost it and he had a desperately low IQ to begin with. Will be a fun few rounds though. He always starts fast then gets knocked out badly.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Brook Vs Khan For May....Maybe
    By denilson200 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 01-13-2017, 06:48 AM
  2. Khan vs brook
    By imp in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-17-2012, 05:36 AM
  3. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-18-2011, 10:23 PM
  4. Khan v Brook
    By ghengis cant in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-22-2010, 03:45 PM
  5. Cotto Vs Pac official 145lb the agreed weight
    By JT Rock in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 07-21-2009, 05:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Boxing Hompage | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Video Clips | Boxing Forum | Boxing Downloads| Boxing Twitter | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Quiz | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Betting Odds | Boxers Records | Auctions | Fun and Games | Articles on Boxing | World News | Earn Money from your Website | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2017 Saddo Boxing - Disclaimer l Boxing