Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Maurice Hooker-Alex Saucedo - Friday night

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    21,792
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2755
    Cool Clicks

    Default Maurice Hooker-Alex Saucedo - Friday night

    Saucedo is the favourite (1/2) but Hooker (6/4) has the better form on paper. Saucedo is great to watch but his defence has always been so leaky it's only a matter of time before he comes unstuck, his face last time made the elephant man look pretty.

    I think it's most likely a PTS fight, however, Saucedo is hard-as-nails, relentless and especially strong downstairs with his left hand, but his own vulnerabilities boost the chances of himself being stopped, especially against a slickster.

    Hooker KO/TKO - 7/1
    Either win by KO/TKO - 5/2
    Last edited by Fenster; 11-17-2018 at 07:57 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    McAllen, Texas?
    Posts
    4,923
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    853
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Maurice Hooker-Alex Saucedo - Friday night

    Hooker didn't deal well with the pressure when they sparred and, while Hooker was able to regularly land his right hand, Saucedo got the better of it, pretty clearly. That was some years back, though, and Saucedo was more experienced despite being several years younger.

    I don't think that either has improved, in the sense of eliminating flaws from their games or developing new skills. In my estimation, they both have had access to better sparring so they've gotten better at doing what they do in the way they do it. Certainly they have both gained by the power of association, Saucedo with GGG and Hooker with Crawford.

    Saucedo is going to be bringing it in his hometown and I figure he is going to stop Hooker and it wouldn't surprise me if it was within 5-6 rounds. But it also wouldn't surprise me if Hooker handles him easy and wins in 9-10, because that is in Saucedo's future. I just don't expect it to be Hooker that does it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    36,535
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4642
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Maurice Hooker-Alex Saucedo - Friday night

    For whatever reason this one is buried tonight with a single bout card slated to start at 11pm with an NBA game proceeding it. If it starts on time I'll be surprised. Doesn't Hearn promote Hooker?

    Should be a fun fight though and interested to see which way Hooker goes as a 'champion'. Saucedos last fight was a bloodbath with both fighters rocked and he really did great with self promotion and a massive fight hungry massive fan turn out in of all places Oklahoma City. Great energy!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    18,115
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1552
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Maurice Hooker-Alex Saucedo - Friday night

    I just saw it scheduled for 1 am local time. Needless to say I won't be watching it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    21,792
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2755
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Maurice Hooker-Alex Saucedo - Friday night

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    For whatever reason this one is buried tonight with a single bout card slated to start at 11pm with an NBA game proceeding it. If it starts on time I'll be surprised. Doesn't Hearn promote Hooker?

    Should be a fun fight though and interested to see which way Hooker goes as a 'champion'. Saucedos last fight was a bloodbath with both fighters rocked and he really did great with self promotion and a massive fight hungry massive fan turn out in of all places Oklahoma City. Great energy!

    This is an Arum show (TopRank), he won the purse bids from Hearn (Matchroom), hence Saucedo gets hometown advantage.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    21,792
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2755
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Maurice Hooker-Alex Saucedo - Friday night

    Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    Hooker didn't deal well with the pressure when they sparred and, while Hooker was able to regularly land his right hand, Saucedo got the better of it, pretty clearly. That was some years back, though, and Saucedo was more experienced despite being several years younger.

    I don't think that either has improved, in the sense of eliminating flaws from their games or developing new skills. In my estimation, they both have had access to better sparring so they've gotten better at doing what they do in the way they do it. Certainly they have both gained by the power of association, Saucedo with GGG and Hooker with Crawford.

    Saucedo is going to be bringing it in his hometown and I figure he is going to stop Hooker and it wouldn't surprise me if it was within 5-6 rounds. But it also wouldn't surprise me if Hooker handles him easy and wins in 9-10, because that is in Saucedo's future. I just don't expect it to be Hooker that does it.
    Good luck mate (I assume you're not on bad terms with him )
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    36,535
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4642
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Maurice Hooker-Alex Saucedo - Friday night

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    For whatever reason this one is buried tonight with a single bout card slated to start at 11pm with an NBA game proceeding it. If it starts on time I'll be surprised. Doesn't Hearn promote Hooker?

    Should be a fun fight though and interested to see which way Hooker goes as a 'champion'. Saucedos last fight was a bloodbath with both fighters rocked and he really did great with self promotion and a massive fight hungry massive fan turn out in of all places Oklahoma City. Great energy!

    This is an Arum show (TopRank), he won the purse bids from Hearn (Matchroom), hence Saucedo gets hometown advantage.
    Thanks bud wasn't sure, Arum is mucking it up. Good news is Bucks lead the Bulls 108-94 with 5 min to go. Fight should start on time .

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    36,535
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4642
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Maurice Hooker-Alex Saucedo - Friday night

    Very impressive looking turn out for Oklahoma fight fans. Saucedo really turning into hooks in first and Hooker reacts like he felt them.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    21,792
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2755
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Maurice Hooker-Alex Saucedo - Friday night

    Great first round

    Hooker electric right hand on target, Saucedo gets inside to land bombs
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    36,535
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4642
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Maurice Hooker-Alex Saucedo - Friday night

    Oh that was a quality KD by Saucedo! Hooker pouring it on to finish 2nd. Shit son, back and forth action.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    21,792
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2755
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Maurice Hooker-Alex Saucedo - Friday night

    Hooker come back after knockdown! Whoa!

    Great fight
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    21,792
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2755
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Maurice Hooker-Alex Saucedo - Friday night

    Hooker slows it down in third, dominates with left hand/jab/range
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    36,535
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4642
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Maurice Hooker-Alex Saucedo - Friday night

    Hooker really stringing shots together 4th. Moving with a purpose to sit down and get off. Saucedo starting to follow along

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    36,535
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4642
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Maurice Hooker-Alex Saucedo - Friday night

    Hooker riding ropes end of 5th with Saucedo on his chest. Saucedo grabbed that one! Annnnd Hooker blasts him last 10 seconds . That kind of scrap

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    21,792
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2755
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Maurice Hooker-Alex Saucedo - Friday night

    Hooker doing rope-a-dope through the 5th, gets battered, then explodes like Bolt
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. ChrisJohn vs Fernando Saucedo
    By Pavlik in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-06-2010, 11:38 PM
  2. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-21-2010, 08:06 PM
  3. Friday Night Fight Night (25th June)
    By 0james0 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-26-2010, 06:15 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-09-2008, 11:23 AM
  5. Friday Night Fights starts back up tomorrow night
    By OumaFan in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-06-2007, 09:46 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Boxing Hompage | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Video Clips | Boxing Forum | Boxing Downloads| Boxing Twitter | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Quiz | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Betting Odds | Boxers Records | Auctions | Fun and Games | Articles on Boxing | World News | Earn Money from your Website | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2017 Saddo Boxing - Disclaimer l Boxing