Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 76 to 90 of 90

Thread: Jermall Charlo v Matt Korobov FOX 22nd December 2018

Share/Bookmark
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,776
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    604
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Jermall Charlo v Matt Korobov FOX 22nd December 2018

    Badminton is actually quite a well participated sport.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,111
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    357
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Jermall Charlo v Matt Korobov FOX 22nd December 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I have this 6-0 Korobov.

    Hype is a funny thing.
    So is facing decent comp who come to make competitive fights. This is what we all hope for after all. At least a case can be made in this one thus far.
    This is what happens with too much facing soft opposition, Korobov took the fight on 6 days notice. This was supposed to be a showcase.
    Doesn't make a guy 'hype' or ready to be ended ffs. It's not the first time we've seen this movie blow up in a showcase, nature of the beast. Said since he came in that beating a Heiland who owned 1 foot did him no favors.
    No but it does make people say stuff like "GGG is ducking".
    Thats just the other end of the extreme isn't it though. Consider the source with some nonsense..oh shit Korobov on roller skates! Scrappy final round right there.
    I'd call it hype. Walk before you can run.
    Plenty of hype in this sport. If we're writing 9 yr pros and multi division champs off as total hype jobs it's time to move on to professional badminton.
    Well, he says submitting a petition to avoid isn’t avoiding so...
    I've already explained it to you numerous times, but it still hasn't sunk in. So I'm not going to bother again. And you'll just leave the thread as you usually do when logic is pointed out to you.
    Logic, you are all hyperbole. I use direct quotes. You put words in people’s mouths to make them wrong. Signing a petition to avoid is by definition avoiding. It’s a fact, it is not debatable but yet you deny it. There is no logic there.

    You can say he has reasons and that’s fine. But that’s not what you do. You outright claimed it wasn’t avoiding. It is avoiding.

    So go ahead now and make up my words.

    Edit-and yes, I will leave because I have to be up for work in 5 hours. Not because I think you will make any point. Because signing a petition to avoid is avoiding whether you like it or not. What you like doesn’t make something the truth
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 12-24-2018 at 01:07 AM.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,776
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    604
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Jermall Charlo v Matt Korobov FOX 22nd December 2018

    Funny d situation though.. golovkin (well more like abel danchez), has made a rod for his own back with the clear attempted dodging of charlo... charlo doesn't look that good here. . So if there's a big change in the golovkin sails here he's going to look like a bit of a nob. Funny to watch though... I'd pick golovkin to beat him and I don't believe he's sacred of anyone.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    37,676
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4679
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Jermall Charlo v Matt Korobov FOX 22nd December 2018

    Korobov is not Golovkin. And vice versa. It's not a one glove fits all situation. Styles, circumstances, influences and the things you cannot see in an opponent mean more than assumed facts. I don't rake Charlo for having a tough fight here just as Golovkin shouldn't have been balked at because he didn't take Charlo on stand by notice.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,169
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    209
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Jermall Charlo v Matt Korobov FOX 22nd December 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I have this 6-0 Korobov.

    Hype is a funny thing.
    So is facing decent comp who come to make competitive fights. This is what we all hope for after all. At least a case can be made in this one thus far.
    This is what happens with too much facing soft opposition, Korobov took the fight on 6 days notice. This was supposed to be a showcase.
    Doesn't make a guy 'hype' or ready to be ended ffs. It's not the first time we've seen this movie blow up in a showcase, nature of the beast. Said since he came in that beating a Heiland who owned 1 foot did him no favors.
    No but it does make people say stuff like "GGG is ducking".
    Thats just the other end of the extreme isn't it though. Consider the source with some nonsense..oh shit Korobov on roller skates! Scrappy final round right there.
    I'd call it hype. Walk before you can run.
    Plenty of hype in this sport. If we're writing 9 yr pros and multi division champs off as total hype jobs it's time to move on to professional badminton.
    Well, he says submitting a petition to avoid isn’t avoiding so...
    I've already explained it to you numerous times, but it still hasn't sunk in. So I'm not going to bother again. And you'll just leave the thread as you usually do when logic is pointed out to you.
    Logic, you are all hyperbole. I use direct quotes. You put words in people’s mouths to make them wrong. Signing a petition to avoid is by definition avoiding. It’s a fact, it is not debatable but yet you deny it. There is no logic there.

    You can say he has reasons and that’s fine. But that’s not what you do. You outright claimed it wasn’t avoiding. It is avoiding.

    So go ahead now and make up my words.

    Edit-and yes, I will leave because I have to be up for work in 5 hours. Not because I think you will make any point. Because signing a petition to avoid is avoiding whether you like it or not. What you like doesn’t make something the truth
    GGG was going to protest that Canelo decision, that's a fact. Trying to say he was protesting it because he was trying to avoid Charlo is twisting the truth.
    They live, We sleep

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,169
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    209
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Jermall Charlo v Matt Korobov FOX 22nd December 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Korobov is not Golovkin. And vice versa. It's not a one glove fits all situation. Styles, circumstances, influences and the things you cannot see in an opponent mean more than assumed facts. I don't rake Charlo for having a tough fight here just as Golovkin shouldn't have been balked at because he didn't take Charlo on stand by notice.
    Taking fights on short notice can hinder both guys. Korobov may not have faded as badly f he had a full camp preparing for Jermall.
    They live, We sleep

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,776
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    604
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Jermall Charlo v Matt Korobov FOX 22nd December 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Korobov is not Golovkin. And vice versa. It's not a one glove fits all situation. Styles, circumstances, influences and the things you cannot see in an opponent mean more than assumed facts. I don't rake Charlo for having a tough fight here just as Golovkin shouldn't have been balked at because he didn't take Charlo on stand by notice.
    There's an interview with Abel Sanchez from when golovkin was still champ saying that they will never fight charlo, for many reasons, any circumstances the guy asking the questions provided Sanchez would say no we are not fighting him.... The golovkin charlo dodging isn't a new thing :S.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    37,676
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4679
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Jermall Charlo v Matt Korobov FOX 22nd December 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Korobov is not Golovkin. And vice versa. It's not a one glove fits all situation. Styles, circumstances, influences and the things you cannot see in an opponent mean more than assumed facts. I don't rake Charlo for having a tough fight here just as Golovkin shouldn't have been balked at because he didn't take Charlo on stand by notice.
    Taking fights on short notice can hinder both guys. Korobov may not have faded as badly f he had a full camp preparing for Jermall.
    And on the flip side Charlo or anyone else would be much more familiar and prepared for a given known opponent? As you say short notice is short for both. Doesn't mean Golovkin bulldozes Charlo etc. It's just something that can go back and forth for days. Ducks are clear and honestly rare I believe. It's like calling a fighter a 'bum'. It's cheap.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,150
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    482
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Jermall Charlo v Matt Korobov FOX 22nd December 2018

    Most people thought Korobov deserved to win, although of course some American commentators scored it for Charlo.

    It WAS a robbery, Korobov clearly won 117-111 or at the closest 116-112.

    Boxers from other countries should never fight an American boxer in the USA. Kovalev, Fury, now Korobov and countless others have been robbed in recent years.

    Tyson Fury would be a fool to go to the USA for the rematch with Wilder. "Rob me once, you're a fool. Rob me twice, I'm the fool".

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,169
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    209
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Jermall Charlo v Matt Korobov FOX 22nd December 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Korobov is not Golovkin. And vice versa. It's not a one glove fits all situation. Styles, circumstances, influences and the things you cannot see in an opponent mean more than assumed facts. I don't rake Charlo for having a tough fight here just as Golovkin shouldn't have been balked at because he didn't take Charlo on stand by notice.
    Taking fights on short notice can hinder both guys. Korobov may not have faded as badly f he had a full camp preparing for Jermall.
    And on the flip side Charlo or anyone else would be much more familiar and prepared for a given known opponent? As you say short notice is short for both. Doesn't mean Golovkin bulldozes Charlo etc. It's just something that can go back and forth for days. Ducks are clear and honestly rare I believe. It's like calling a fighter a 'bum'. It's cheap.
    Yea I agree, that's why I said both guys. Both could have been better prepared. I also agree with you on ducks and bums. Today boxing is more business decisions than legacies.

    I felt prior to this fight that GGG beats Jermall, and after this performance I still feel the same way. I think GGG would have stopped the Korobov that fought tonight. (but GGG probably won't ever fight Korobov, so am I allowed to say that )
    They live, We sleep

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    45,054
    Mentioned
    845 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3100
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Jermall Charlo v Matt Korobov FOX 22nd December 2018

    Freedom, I think you might be right. I thought many rounds were quite tight. Then in the 11th Korobov landed the left at will and the announcer said dominant Charlo round. I got confused at that stage.

    Just seen it again and I struggle to see a clear Charlo win. It was another of those close fights. The commentators would mention combinations for Charlo with most blocked and not comment on the counter shots or lead lefts coming back.

    I actually think there should be a rematch. GGG would fuck Charlo up badly, but we will never see it. It's a waste of time anyway with GGG having maybe 2 fights left. His career end has been horribly tarnished as he beat Canelo twice already yet has no official credit for it.

    Charlo owes a rematch here and GGG needs to actually get a fight scheduled with someone. It's getting too late if he wants a fight before May when Canelo is ready.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,788
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1094
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Freedom, I think you might be right. I thought many rounds were quite tight. Then in the 11th Korobov landed the left at will and the announcer said dominant Charlo round. I got confused at that stage. Just seen it again and I struggle to see a clear Charlo win. It was another of those close fights. The commentators would mention combinations for Charlo with most blocked and not comment on the counter shots or lead lefts coming back. I actually think there should be a rematch. GGG would fuck Charlo up badly, but we will never see it. It's a waste of time anyway with GGG having maybe 2 fights left. His career end has been horribly tarnished as he beat Canelo twice already yet has no official credit for it. Charlo owes a rematch here and GGG needs to actually get a fight scheduled with someone. It's getting too late if he wants a fight before May when Canelo is ready.
    Korobov won 5-6 rounds in my book but took a clear 9-10 or even 8-10 round in the 12th. He’s a very tough, cagey, clever southpaw boxer and I was really rooting for him throughout, but felt he fell just a bit short down the stretch. Commentating was extremely biased for Charlo. Also, Harrison CLEARLY LOST!

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,865
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    399
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Jermall Charlo v Matt Korobov FOX 22nd December 2018

    @Ron Swanson, all in all a pretty shit night for you and your Charlo crusade.
    Pair this up with your “AJ Ducking Wilder” theory, when Wilder by his own admission had a Broken arm at the time of “negotiations”, and you’re not having a very good time of it at the minute!
    Merry Christmas.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,485
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    343
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Jermall Charlo v Matt Korobov FOX 22nd December 2018

    Was out of town so just got around to seeing the fights.

    Jermell clearly beat Harrison. Wasn’t close. There were few rounds you could give to Harrison. Most rounds Charlo dictated the pace, threw more punches, and landed the better shots. It’s beyond me how anyone thinks it was close.

    I had Jermall winning 116-112 like two of the judges. I could definitely see it closer and a draw wouldn’t have been a bad decision. There were quite a few close rounds that I could see how Korobov could get a decision on some people’s cards, but I thought that Jermall took over the second half of the fight pretty clearly.

    I still think that Jermell beats Hurd. He fought a guy who was trying to survive and didn’t look great. He didn’t look bad though. I think that Jermall started off the fight poorly because of his brothers loss and also didn’t train for Korobov so he had to adjust. I still think that Charlo beats GGG in a close fight.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,169
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    209
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Jermall Charlo v Matt Korobov FOX 22nd December 2018

    Good on ya Teddy

    They live, We sleep

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-06-2018, 12:40 PM
  2. Jermall Charlo officially moves to 160
    By Alpha in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2017, 11:04 PM
  3. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-17-2016, 04:39 PM
  4. Jermall Charlo might get a shot at Carlos Molina!!
    By FinitoElDinamita in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-10-2014, 09:17 AM
  5. How far will Matt Korobov go ?
    By leftylee in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-23-2009, 04:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Boxing Hompage | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Video Clips | Boxing Forum | Boxing Downloads| Boxing Twitter | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Quiz | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Betting Odds | Boxers Records | Auctions | Fun and Games | Articles on Boxing | World News | Earn Money from your Website | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2017 Saddo Boxing - Disclaimer l Boxing