Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  44
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 139

Thread: Golovkin v Steve Rolls

Share/Bookmark
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    22,322
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2792
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Golovkin v Brandon Adams ?

    Hold up, @primo, who is "we?" I didn't see anyone arguing about Golovkin's ATG status, I saw you claim he isn't (Powerpuncher changed his mind and Ron is Ron) . You didn't give any reason why Hagler, Hopkins or anyone else rank above him, and now you're basically naming famous fighters and assuming they rank above, all the while only showing your own bias (personal opinion) and making my point (don't get hung up on this, it's not criticism).

    Do you know who Hagler and Hopkins most famous fights were against? BOTH these all-time greats were considered "average" champions until facing famous welterweights at the end of their middleweight reigns. They both started underdog against welterweights!!! Hagler - 50 fights into his career - was the underdog against Alan Minter!!!

    My whole point is - Individual fans don't get to decide who the greats are, the popular concenus decides. In 20 years the MAJORITY of fans and history books will do exactly what you've just done, list a bunch of famous fighters who shone brightly during their ERA, it won't matter that Golovkin defended his title against Vanes Martirosyan and Matt Macklin, just as it doesn't matter now that Hopkins defended against Robert Allen (50 times) and Carl Daniels, all that matters is they were long standing champions.

    Golovkin's legacy isn't harmed by the controversial loss to Canelo, just as Hagler's controversial loss to Leonard doesn't harm him, it enhances the mystique (and GGG still has time to right it).

    As for all-time great lists? I have history books of the HUNDRED greatest fighters of all time. Shit... back in the day old Britkid used to do his HUNDRED ATG middleweights every bank holiday on here
    Last edited by Fenster; 04-04-2019 at 02:35 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    22,322
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2792
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Golovkin v Brandon Adams ?

    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Well he had a right to complain didnt he? I think Canelo will beat Jacobs fair and square, but if its at all close of course I agree hes likely to have the judges in his corner as usual. Just realize GGG could have fought literally 4 or 5 times against all the other top challengers and not made as much money as he did for the rematch with Canelo. Like it or not, he made the best choice for himself and his family. To boot, is GGG vs the winner of Canelo-Jacobs not still the best fight at 160?
    Exactly, it's not just the most lucrative it's the biggest and best defining fight in the division. If you polled the general public, Golovkin vs Canelo-Jacobs winner would win by a landslide.

    Some people confuse personal preference with wider opinion.

    Instead of blaming Golovkin and Canelo the finger should be pointed at Charlo and Saunders and Andrade and the like. If they fought each other the public profile of the victor would rise, which inturn would greatly enhance their chance of landing the jackpot fight.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,915
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    406
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Golovkin v Brandon Adams ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Hold up, @primo, who is "we?" I didn't see anyone arguing about Golovkin's ATG status, I saw you claim he isn't (Powerpuncher changed his mind and Ron is Ron) . You didn't give any reason why Hagler, Hopkins or anyone else rank above him, and now you're basically naming famous fighters and assuming they rank above, all the while only showing your own bias (personal opinion) and making my point (don't get hung up on this, it's not criticism).

    Do you know who Hagler and Hopkins most famous fights were against? BOTH these all-time greats were considered "average" champions until facing famous welterweights at the end of their middleweight reigns. They both started underdog against welterweights!!! Hagler - 50 fights into his career - was the underdog against Alan Minter!!!

    My whole point is - Individual fans don't get to decide who the greats are, the popular concenus decides. In 20 years the MAJORITY of fans and history books will do exactly what you've just done, list a bunch of famous fighters who shone brightly during their ERA, it won't matter that Golovkin defended his title against Vanes Martirosyan and Matt Macklin, just as it doesn't matter now that Hopkins defended against Robert Allen (50 times) and Carl Daniels, all that matters is they were long standing champions.

    Golovkin's legacy isn't harmed by the controversial loss to Canelo, just as Hagler's controversial loss to Leonard doesn't harm him, it enhances the mystique (and GGG still has time to right it).

    As for all-time great lists? I have history books of the HUNDRED greatest fighters of all time. Shit... back in the day old Britkid used to do his HUNDRED ATG middleweights every bank holiday on here

    Hold up, @primo, who is "we?"
    where have I said “we” if I did , it’s probably user error or I’ve lost track. I’m giving MY opinion.
    I didn't see anyone arguing about Golovkin's ATG status, I saw you claim he isn't (Powerpuncher changed his mind and Ron is Ron) . You didn't give any reason why Hagler, Hopkins or anyone else rank above him, and now you're basically naming famous fighters and assuming they rank above, all the while only showing your own bias (personal opinion) and making my point (don't get hung up on this, it's not criticism).
    how far down does ATG go? Are you telling me you rank Hagler and Hopkins below GGG in ATG status? As for my own bias (personal opinion) , of course it is. Isn’t that what a forum is about ?? Not hung up.👍

    Do you know who Hagler and Hopkins most famous fights were against? BOTH these all-time greats were considered "average" champions until facing famous welterweights at the end of their middleweight reigns. They both started underdog against welterweights!!! Hagler - 50 fights into his career - was the underdog against Alan Minter!!!
    The fact that Hagler was underdog and BATTERED Minter, (who I was supporting btw, and was gutted because my Mate went and I had to work!) puts Hagler even higher . When has GGG Done that?
    (I have to say it also shows a long standing ignorance by British Sports fans in general, who show no respect of talent to people outside the UK . Anybody that is World level at any sport from the U.K. is “the best in the World! ) don’t believe me? Johnny Nelson reckons Khan will beat Crawford ffs. Just one example.
    My whole point is - Individual fans don't get to decide who the greats are, the popular concenus decides. In 20 years the MAJORITY of fans and history books will do exactly what you've just done, list a bunch of famous fighters who shone brightly during their ERA, it won't matter that Golovkin defended his title against Vanes Martirosyan and Matt Macklin, just as it doesn't matter now that Hopkins defended against Robert Allen (50 times) and Carl Daniels, all that matters is they were long standing champions.

    Golovkin's legacy isn't harmed by the controversial loss to Canelo, just as Hagler's controversial loss to Leonard doesn't harm him, it enhances the mystique (and GGG still has time to right it).
    I saw a similar sound bite to this the other week.Please , please, let’s not put Canelo & SRL in the same bracket.

    As for all-time great lists? I have history books of the HUNDRED greatest fighters of all time. Shit... back in the day old Britkid used to do his HUNDRED ATG middleweights every bank holiday on here
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    19,291
    Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1599
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Golovkin v Brandon Adams ?

    Wow I didn't think GGG would get this much flak over the Brandon Adams fight. Three pages and no end in sight.

    Personally, I've always been a Golovkin fan. Humble... comes to fight... and always entertains fans who want to see action fights. I, as well as 99% of the boxing world, thought GGG won BOTH Canelo fights but... what can you do against the GBP Vegas Mafia. Can Golovkin be blamed for fighting Canelo once and waiting on him for the 2nd fight? I don't know but I'm not him, so I guess I'll just leave it as "it's a personal choice." All I know is GGG has never ducked anyone (to my knowledge) and just loves to fight. Maybe that 2nd Canelo fight was a product of his frustration at having the 1st fight taken away from him by the corrupt judges.

    Fighting Canelo a 3rd time is another story, however. That won't end well. It'll end with a Canelo knockout victory, because GGG will be that much older, while Canelo is still relatively young. Plus, Canelo has that iron chin which, along with the GBP Vegas Mafia, is what keeps him propped up in some sort of relevance at middleweight. A Canelo KO over GGG will ruin boxing for me, as it will represent the pinnacle of one of boxing's biggest and best orchestrated hype jobs.

    But I digress, as I'm prone to do when anything about Canelo comes up. Hey.... I don't like GGG-Adams either. Just like I don't like Fury-Schwartz. But that's what we're getting. We are made to wait for the big ones. Only in GGG's case, I'm not looking forward to a 3rd installment of the Canelo-GGG Show. I already know the ending, and it's cringe-worthy.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,489
    Mentioned
    1408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2662
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Golovkin v Brandon Adams ?

    When you think about it Golovkin v Brandon Adams fights the winner of Canelo v Jacobs it is a very good move from GGG.

    A few years ago GGG beat Jacobs and went on to fight Canelo. Now the tables have turned.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,915
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    406
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Golovkin v Brandon Adams ?

    After all this, it looks like Adams is fighting Charlo!
    https://www.boxingscene.com/jermall-...owtime--137641
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    19,291
    Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1599
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Golovkin v Brandon Adams ?

    Now it's Hassan N'Dam for Golovkin.

    https://www.boxingnews24.com/2019/04...s-hassan-ndam/

    Critics will say N'Dam is another deplorable opponent.

    But one thing's for certain........... Adams ducked Golovkin to get to Charlo.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,538
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    348
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Golovkin v Brandon Adams ?

    N’Dam isn’t much better. Either way, I don’t have much interest in a fight against a non top guy. When you are at the status of GGG, I expect you to be fighting top guys on the regular. Guys like Charlo get a pass because they can’t just pick their opponents. They get avoided and take what they can get. So GGG and Canelo are both in the same boat to where they are held to a higher standard because they can choose whoever they want to fight. If they don’t fight a certain fighter, it is most likely a duck.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,162
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    361
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Golovkin v Brandon Adams ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Three of Golovkins last four fights have been against Canelo and Jacobs. This money grabbing "ducker" narrative is silly. He specifically signed with DAZN to get a 3rd Canelo fight (plus they have the other belt holders), he's chasing his "legacy" as well as money, there's not a bigger middleweight match than those two.
    36 years old, name his top 5 opponents. If he was an African American his resume would trashed for his crap opponents. A Kazak deserves equal treatment. Everyone, always, deserves equal treatment

    3 decent opponents in an entire career, yeah, he’s earned more weak opponents SMDH. 2 of his 3 big opponents couldn’t win a round against a WW, a WW that started at 130.

    I've heard this argument a million times, even before the internet was invented, every "great" fighter who dominates a division gets accused of having a "weak resume/ducking," there's always fighters "they should have fought."

    Substitute Golovkin for Hagler, Calzaghe, Hopkins, Roy, Michalczewski, Floyd, Tyson, Naz - It has nothing to do with skin colour or nationality, even ignoring obvious prejudice and bias (hate), boxing fans have always demanded more, there's always someone new coming along.

    Golovkin is simply history repeating itself.
    No, GGG had Charlo to fight as mandatory for over a year, didn’t. He had an owed Jacobs rematch, didn’t. He had that whack job Saunders to be undisputed, didn’t. He had his mandatory against Derevyanchenko but instead got stripped to fight yet another never champion 154lber. Should we count all those he fought? If he actually fought the MWs he would be good. But he looked above and below for easy pickings. Or do you deny he looked to go up as far back as Steiglitz? Then was focused on the division, but fought Ouma, Fuchigami, Proksa, Rosado, Ishida? Not sure how these 154lbers helped him clear out 160. But he couldn’t get a shot from the big names right? Except this leads into Ward wanting to fight him and GGG couldn’t because of 100 different excuses including wanting to clean out 160 which ^, but also, remember Chavez, he was at 168 and GGG was willing to go up, remember Froch, he was willing to go up if Froch would come out of retirement. But he’s focused on cleaning out 160, except for if you look at what he did or what he was willing to do. But here you are, GGGs just a victim of circumstances haha, so predictable. Yep, he’s just like Hagler. Hagler had a ton of fights available to him but didn’t. Since it’s the same to you, how about you name the great MW fights Hagler didn’t accept.

    I expect you to switch your argument and not name, prove me wrong.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,162
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    361
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Golovkin v Brandon Adams ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    After all this, it looks like Adams is fighting Charlo!
    https://www.boxingscene.com/jermall-...owtime--137641
    F Charlo too 😂

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,162
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    361
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Golovkin v Brandon Adams ?

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    N’Dam isn’t much better. Either way, I don’t have much interest in a fight against a non top guy. When you are at the status of GGG, I expect you to be fighting top guys on the regular. Guys like Charlo get a pass because they can’t just pick their opponents. They get avoided and take what they can get. So GGG and Canelo are both in the same boat to where they are held to a higher standard because they can choose whoever they want to fight. If they don’t fight a certain fighter, it is most likely a duck.
    But people will say it’s a good fight because it leads to the Canelo/Jacobs winner. All the while missing the point that we wanted GGG to rematch Jacobs, that always was the right and fair fight. It took Canelo to do it. The guy we all want to hate is doing what the guy everyone wants to love should have done.

    They’ll just keep dropping crap names until we finally give inand say do as you wish. N’Dam is no different then the previous 5 names or the next, f it, fight him.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,915
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    406
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Golovkin v Brandon Adams ?

    Spoiler alert. I just realised this Adams fellah is on the Contender series I’m catching up on. Notice I didn’t say how he got on!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    19,912
    Mentioned
    768 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    985
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Golovkin v Brandon Adams ?

    Szeremeta
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,162
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    361
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Golovkin v Brandon Adams ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Szeremeta
    Yes, he was one of their first choices, amazing isn’t it, no wait, it’s par for the course.

    People will still pretend they don’t see the trend with GGGs preferred competition. And after pretending they don’t see the trend they will say it’s okay because he will fight the Canelo/Jacobs winner next, as if that is guaranteed. Likely yes, guaranteed no, and why he should fight a good opponent.
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 04-05-2019 at 12:25 PM.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Tsurui, Iya Valley, Shikoku, Japan
    Posts
    145
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    13
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Golovkin v Brandon Adams ?

    Hassan or Brandon prefer?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-10-2017, 03:01 AM
  2. How Far Can Golovkin Go?
    By Boxer4life in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-22-2015, 02:11 PM
  3. Golovkin in 80s-90s.
    By VG_Addict in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-31-2015, 02:08 AM
  4. Next for Golovkin.
    By p4pking in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 11-07-2013, 01:23 AM
  5. Golovkin may come to the UK
    By Beanz in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-09-2013, 12:57 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Boxing Hompage | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Video Clips | Boxing Forum | Boxing Downloads| Boxing Twitter | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Quiz | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Betting Odds | Boxers Records | Auctions | Fun and Games | Articles on Boxing | World News | Earn Money from your Website | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2017 Saddo Boxing - Disclaimer l Boxing