Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Who hits the hardest in order? George Foreman, Tyson, Earnie Shavers, Anthony Joshua

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Who hits the hardest in order? George Foreman, Tyson, Earnie Shavers, Anthony Joshua

    Which of these guys hit the hardest in their prime?

    Here is my personal ranking out of these guys
    1. Earnie Shavers
    2. George Foreman
    3. Mike Tyson
    4. Anthony Joshua
    5. Deontay Wilder (or AJ)

    Who else could hit as hard or harder than the guys I listed?
    Last edited by Fenster; 05-23-2019 at 02:22 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,098
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    440
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who hits the hardest in order? George Foreman, Tyson, Earnie Shavers, Anthony Jos

    It's a difficult one TBH. I'd say it's between Foreman and shavers for 1 and 2, then Tyson and Wilder for 3 and 4, then AJ definitely 5th. I mean, if you flip the top 4 in any order and it would be justifiable. But AJ doesn't seem to comatose guys, the way the others did so devastatingly.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free



    Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,909
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    405
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who hits the hardest in order? George Foreman, Tyson, Earnie Shavers, Anthony Jos

    Quote Originally Posted by Manos de Piedra View Post
    It's a difficult one TBH. I'd say it's between Foreman and shavers for 1 and 2, then Tyson and Wilder for 3 and 4, then AJ definitely 5th. I mean, if you flip the top 4 in any order and it would be justifiable. But AJ doesn't seem to comatose guys, the way the others did so devastatingly.
    Yeah, but he doesn’t take a 10 yard run up like Wilder does. I think Shavers and Foreman have to be up there, and then Tyson for his sheer power with zero leverage. Then Joshua would be more powerful than Wilder for sure.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,098
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    440
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who hits the hardest in order? George Foreman, Tyson, Earnie Shavers, Anthony Jos

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Manos de Piedra View Post
    It's a difficult one TBH. I'd say it's between Foreman and shavers for 1 and 2, then Tyson and Wilder for 3 and 4, then AJ definitely 5th. I mean, if you flip the top 4 in any order and it would be justifiable. But AJ doesn't seem to comatose guys, the way the others did so devastatingly.
    Yeah, but he doesn’t take a 10 yard run up like Wilder does. I think Shavers and Foreman have to be up there, and then Tyson for his sheer power with zero leverage. Then Joshua would be more powerful than Wilder for sure.
    Wilder uses his leverage.

    Even when he doesn't "take a run up" he has knocked guys out senseless.

    AJ may have more variety and more power in his combos but one punch power goes to Wilder without a doubt.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free



    Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    19,254
    Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1598
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who hits the hardest in order? George Foreman, Tyson, Earnie Shavers, Anthony Jos

    Quote Originally Posted by Manos de Piedra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Manos de Piedra View Post
    It's a difficult one TBH. I'd say it's between Foreman and shavers for 1 and 2, then Tyson and Wilder for 3 and 4, then AJ definitely 5th. I mean, if you flip the top 4 in any order and it would be justifiable. But AJ doesn't seem to comatose guys, the way the others did so devastatingly.
    Yeah, but he doesn’t take a 10 yard run up like Wilder does. I think Shavers and Foreman have to be up there, and then Tyson for his sheer power with zero leverage. Then Joshua would be more powerful than Wilder for sure.
    Wilder uses his leverage.

    Even when he doesn't "take a run up" he has knocked guys out senseless.

    AJ may have more variety and more power in his combos but one punch power goes to Wilder without a doubt.

    Yeah... this 10-yard run up thing is silly, really. Wilder does use his leverage. We're talking one-punch power, so I'd place Wilder ahead of AJ.

    P4p obviously I'd insert other guys in there, such as Hearns, Jackson, and now Inoue.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    4,112
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    333
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who hits the hardest in order? George Foreman, Tyson, Earnie Shavers, Anthony Jos

    I'd say Lennox Lewis power is under rated. I'd place him higher than AJ.

    1. Foreman
    2. Tua
    3. Lewis
    4. Tyson
    5. Wilder




    6. Liston
    7. V. Klitschko
    8. Shavers
    9. J. Johnson
    10. Maybe Anthony Joshua, maybe Sam Peter


    "Wilder is the most menacing puncher today" Tyson Fury.

    Shavers knocked out no one of significance, except Norton. But Norton lost all his high profile fights by KO, except a hurt shoulder Holmes.

    AJ KO over Wladimir, wasn't a first.

    Tyson, as menacing as he was, never knocked out any high profile fighter in their prime accept a LHW turned HW in Michael Spinks. Ruddock took his best for 20 rounds, broke jaw 2nd fight, but never folded. The 1st was called too quick which is why they met a 2nd time.

    Wilder's bum list is equivalent IMO to Joe Louis bum of the month club, Shavers bum list, Ron Lyle's bum list.

    Tua actually knocked out a couple former champs. His KO's over Moorer & Ruiz were priceless as neither fighter could lift their head up.


    Wilder is the next guy with one punch power. I'd like to put Jack Johnson higher, but haven't seen enough footage. But if he had to brush some teeth off that got lodged in his gloves....power enough to make my top 10!!!!
    And the Liston KO reels though short are sweet. He was a brutal puncher as well.

    I think I would take Liston over Shavers by KO.
    Foreman being a former partner for Liston, I think would be a tad bit slow and loses to Liston as well.


    Lewis revenge KO over Rahman was a one and done punch. He beat the dickens out of Briggs. And most fighters couldn't withstand what he put on Tyson.
    Lewis Pummelled Morrison & Golota. Lennox uppercut on Grant was brutal as well & his coming out party was a demolition of Razor Ruddock who laid his head on the ref's shoe.
    That's power!!
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 05-23-2019 at 01:18 AM.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    4,112
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    333
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who hits the hardest in order? George Foreman, Tyson, Earnie Shavers, Anthony Jos

    P4P= Julian Jackson
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. George Foreman vs. Earnie Shavers.
    By VG_Addict in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-21-2018, 01:17 AM
  2. Replies: 164
    Last Post: 01-04-2015, 04:41 PM
  3. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-18-2013, 07:52 AM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-01-2007, 08:31 AM
  5. george foreman vs earnie shavers
    By ICB in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-09-2006, 05:46 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Boxing Hompage | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Video Clips | Boxing Forum | Boxing Downloads| Boxing Twitter | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Quiz | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Betting Odds | Boxers Records | Auctions | Fun and Games | Articles on Boxing | World News | Earn Money from your Website | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2017 Saddo Boxing - Disclaimer l Boxing