Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Billionaire boxer Floyd Mayweather's 10 rules for success

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Billionaire boxer Floyd Mayweather's 10 rules for success

    Floyd Mayweather's 10 golden rules for success (full video)
    Found this pretty helpful. Obviously following his rules won't mean you will be as rich or successful as him, but you can still apply the same principals and get great results
    KEY POINT
    -Take things one day at a time. Everyone makes mistakes. You live and you learn
    -Dedication - Some days will feel hard. You got to keep pushing and never give up even if you fail
    -Momentum - When you start to achieve small success it builds positive momentum. Use it to your advantage
    -Continue to believe in yourself as confidence grows
    -Reward yourself

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,474
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    342
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Billionaire boxer Floyd Mayweather's 10 rules for success

    Is he really a billionaire?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,736
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    917
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Billionaire boxer Floyd Mayweather's 10 rules for success

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Is he really a billionaire?
    Was going to ask that as well. I mean, yes he was a great boxer and made a lot of money but a billionaire? I wonder.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,231
    Mentioned
    1405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2654
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Billionaire boxer Floyd Mayweather's 10 rules for success

    Money does not buy class.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,474
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    342
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Billionaire boxer Floyd Mayweather's 10 rules for success

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Money does not buy class.
    Tell that to Floyd

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    19,120
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1592
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Billionaire boxer Floyd Mayweather's 10 rules for success

    What kind of success? If success is making millions upon millions... then he could've stopped at one. Being good enough at what you do... and getting millions and millions to shell out good money to watch you perform.

    But having Floyd lecturing anyone on success is a bit weird, in the broader context of success.

    Can't imagine he'll ever be a big draw on the lecture tour.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,474
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    342
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Billionaire boxer Floyd Mayweather's 10 rules for success

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    What kind of success? If success is making millions upon millions... then he could've stopped at one. Being good enough at what you do... and getting millions and millions to shell out good money to watch you perform.

    But having Floyd lecturing anyone on success is a bit weird, in the broader context of success.

    Can't imagine he'll ever be a big draw on the lecture tour.
    Anybody who does what Floyd has done definitely has some good advice in there somewhere. The problem is that you have to search through the idiocy to find it. One thing that Floyd isn’t is a motivational speaker with common sense. I can’t take away from him his hard work and ability to know how to get people to watch him

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    19,120
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1592
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Billionaire boxer Floyd Mayweather's 10 rules for success

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    What kind of success? If success is making millions upon millions... then he could've stopped at one. Being good enough at what you do... and getting millions and millions to shell out good money to watch you perform.

    But having Floyd lecturing anyone on success is a bit weird, in the broader context of success.

    Can't imagine he'll ever be a big draw on the lecture tour.
    Anybody who does what Floyd has done definitely has some good advice in there somewhere. The problem is that you have to search through the idiocy to find it. One thing that Floyd isn’t is a motivational speaker with common sense. I can’t take away from him his hard work and ability to know how to get people to watch him


    I think we differ a bit on that. IMO, Floyd just "fell" into his good fortune. Not saying he didn't work hard, as I'm fully aware of his work ethic in boxing. That, plus his God-given talent, is what took him to the heights he scaled. However, the legions of people who paid to either see him win or get squashed wasn't by design. I don't think there was a contrived, planned-out effort to create this boxing persona that people either loved or loved to hate. Rather, I think it was just part of Floyd's outsized personality combined with the success he had in the ring. If only he was as smart as some people give him credit for, there might be hope for a new generation of boxing promoters that could increase the sport's popularity. But Floyd has always been about Floyd.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,474
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    342
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Billionaire boxer Floyd Mayweather's 10 rules for success

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    What kind of success? If success is making millions upon millions... then he could've stopped at one. Being good enough at what you do... and getting millions and millions to shell out good money to watch you perform.

    But having Floyd lecturing anyone on success is a bit weird, in the broader context of success.

    Can't imagine he'll ever be a big draw on the lecture tour.
    Anybody who does what Floyd has done definitely has some good advice in there somewhere. The problem is that you have to search through the idiocy to find it. One thing that Floyd isn’t is a motivational speaker with common sense. I can’t take away from him his hard work and ability to know how to get people to watch him


    I think we differ a bit on that. IMO, Floyd just "fell" into his good fortune. Not saying he didn't work hard, as I'm fully aware of his work ethic in boxing. That, plus his God-given talent, is what took him to the heights he scaled. However, the legions of people who paid to either see him win or get squashed wasn't by design. I don't think there was a contrived, planned-out effort to create this boxing persona that people either loved or loved to hate. Rather, I think it was just part of Floyd's outsized personality combined with the success he had in the ring. If only he was as smart as some people give him credit for, there might be hope for a new generation of boxing promoters that could increase the sport's popularity. But Floyd has always been about Floyd.
    Floyd was #2 p4p behind Roy Jones and non boxing fans had no idea who he was. He was pretty boy Floyd. Him becoming the bad guy of boxing was contrived it seems. He was always good but it wasn’t until he became outspoken that he started making money. He became money Mayweather.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    19,120
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1592
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Billionaire boxer Floyd Mayweather's 10 rules for success

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    What kind of success? If success is making millions upon millions... then he could've stopped at one. Being good enough at what you do... and getting millions and millions to shell out good money to watch you perform.

    But having Floyd lecturing anyone on success is a bit weird, in the broader context of success.

    Can't imagine he'll ever be a big draw on the lecture tour.
    Anybody who does what Floyd has done definitely has some good advice in there somewhere. The problem is that you have to search through the idiocy to find it. One thing that Floyd isn’t is a motivational speaker with common sense. I can’t take away from him his hard work and ability to know how to get people to watch him


    I think we differ a bit on that. IMO, Floyd just "fell" into his good fortune. Not saying he didn't work hard, as I'm fully aware of his work ethic in boxing. That, plus his God-given talent, is what took him to the heights he scaled. However, the legions of people who paid to either see him win or get squashed wasn't by design. I don't think there was a contrived, planned-out effort to create this boxing persona that people either loved or loved to hate. Rather, I think it was just part of Floyd's outsized personality combined with the success he had in the ring. If only he was as smart as some people give him credit for, there might be hope for a new generation of boxing promoters that could increase the sport's popularity. But Floyd has always been about Floyd.
    Floyd was #2 p4p behind Roy Jones and non boxing fans had no idea who he was. He was pretty boy Floyd. Him becoming the bad guy of boxing was contrived it seems. He was always good but it wasn’t until he became outspoken that he started making money. He became money Mayweather.


    If it was contrived, which I still don't believe, it could've easily been a member of his entourage. His trainer... his dad or uncle... or some other, more savvy business minded person looking to create a cash cow. I just don't give Mayweather any credit when it comes to that kind of mentality... and truth be told, taking advice from Floyd on his "10 rules for success" is akin to taking navigation lessons from the captain of the Titanic.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-14-2018, 01:28 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-04-2014, 04:00 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-03-2009, 08:08 PM
  4. If Marquez wins he'll become a billionaire...
    By ElTerribleMorales in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-19-2009, 05:49 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 06:19 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Boxing Hompage | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Video Clips | Boxing Forum | Boxing Downloads| Boxing Twitter | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Quiz | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Betting Odds | Boxers Records | Auctions | Fun and Games | Articles on Boxing | World News | Earn Money from your Website | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2017 Saddo Boxing - Disclaimer l Boxing