Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Post your top 10 greatest boxers of all time, from any weight class and era

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Post your top 10 greatest boxers of all time, from any weight class and era

    Ali, Mayweather Jr., SRR, Marvin Hagler, Foreman,

    Last edited by Fenster; 05-22-2019 at 02:50 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,531
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    347
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Post your top 10 greatest boxers of all time, from any weight class and era

    Foreman is in your top 10 ever? I hold him in high regard but not that high

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    19,227
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1598
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Post your top 10 greatest boxers of all time, from any weight class and era

    Boxers or fighters? I always like to make that distinction, as to me they're not necessarily the same. If we're talking boxers I would include the likes of Leonard, Floyd, Robinson, Ali, Duran... not necessarily in that order.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,365
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    449
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Post your top 10 greatest boxers of all time, from any weight class and era

    1. Henry Armstrong
    2. SRR
    3. Ali
    4. Duran
    5. Ray Leonard
    6. Willie Pep
    7. Ezzard Charles
    8. Sweet Pea Whitaker
    9. Manny
    10. Evander Holyfield

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,531
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    347
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Post your top 10 greatest boxers of all time, from any weight class and era

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    1. Henry Armstrong
    2. SRR
    3. Ali
    4. Duran
    5. Ray Leonard
    6. Willie Pep
    7. Ezzard Charles
    8. Sweet Pea Whitaker
    9. Manny
    10. Evander Holyfield
    I like that list quite a bit other than I’ve always thought that Pacquiao was overrated. Definitely an all time great, but not top 10.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,365
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    449
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Post your top 10 greatest boxers of all time, from any weight class and era

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    1. Henry Armstrong
    2. SRR
    3. Ali
    4. Duran
    5. Ray Leonard
    6. Willie Pep
    7. Ezzard Charles
    8. Sweet Pea Whitaker
    9. Manny
    10. Evander Holyfield
    I like that list quite a bit other than I’ve always thought that Pacquiao was overrated. Definitely an all time great, but not top 10.
    Thanks. I place Manny that high based on quality of opposition (Barrera, Morales, JMM in their primes are formidable enough, and then you add all the other big names the guys has fought and it impresses the hell out of me) and the amount of lineal championships the guy has won (starting at flyweight and moving up 7 times). Tough to match those two accomplishments for me, but I’m sure I will be in the minority with ranking him that high.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,441
    Mentioned
    1407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2661
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Post your top 10 greatest boxers of all time, from any weight class and era

    Just from history and reading it would be SRR, Henry Armstrong, Benny Leonard, Willie Pep, Jack Johnson but from what I have seen since 1986

    Roy Jones
    Ricardo Lopez
    Julio Ceaser Chavez
    Pernell Whitaker
    Tommy Hearns
    Galaxy
    Sot Chitlada
    Mike Tyson
    Evander Holyfield – cruiserweight
    Terry Norris
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,531
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    347
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Post your top 10 greatest boxers of all time, from any weight class and era

    I haven’t done this list in years. I’ll play though

    Ali
    SRR
    Pep
    Armstrong
    Duran
    Leonard
    Charles
    Whitaker
    Hagler
    Mayweather

    I admit I may be bias on my #1. It’s a hard list to make because so many people have a good argument to make it on the list

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,365
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    449
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Post your top 10 greatest boxers of all time, from any weight class and era

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I haven’t done this list in years. I’ll play though

    Ali
    SRR
    Pep
    Armstrong
    Duran
    Leonard
    Charles
    Whitaker
    Hagler
    Mayweather

    I admit I may be bias on my #1. It’s a hard list to make because so many people have a good argument to make it on the list
    I don’t feel that Ali is too controversial at #1 since he beat such amazing competition, had so many significant wins, and transitioned the sport in a way that few have ever done (maybe Pele for soccer and Jordan for basketball compare). These lists are usually dependent on your criteria (some is eye test, others wins vs losses, others head to head predictions...etc.). You have a solid list in my opinion.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    37,816
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4685
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Post your top 10 greatest boxers of all time, from any weight class and era

    Order may be loose and blur into favs
    Robinson
    Armstrong
    B. Leonard
    Duran
    Ali
    Charles
    Pep
    Lopez
    Holyfield
    Langford

    Mayweather...nah just kiddin get that outta here . Personally I'd actually rate Hopkins over Mayweather somewhere on the list. Both had some major style-fan appeal flaws and egos the size of undiscovered planets, but Hopkins evolved his career on and didn't need mma novices to 'make history'.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    2,667
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    884
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Post your top 10 greatest boxers of all time, from any weight class and era

    Muhammad Ali
    Sugar Ray Robinson
    Carlos Monzon
    Roberto Duran
    Floyd Mayweather jr
    Salvador Sanchez
    Eder Jofre
    Sugar Ray Leonard
    Henry Armstrong
    Joe Louis

    It always varies ...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,907
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    404
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Post your top 10 greatest boxers of all time, from any weight class and era

    Everyone has their own personal preferences, I think it’s impossible to have a cast iron top 10. And mine changes every time I’m asked, so today , here’s mine.
    SRR
    SRL
    Ali
    Pep
    Hearns
    Mayweather
    Duran
    Louis
    RJJ
    Hagler
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,441
    Mentioned
    1407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2661
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Post your top 10 greatest boxers of all time, from any weight class and era

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Everyone has their own personal preferences, I think it’s impossible to have a cast iron top 10. And mine changes every time I’m asked, so today , here’s mine.
    SRR
    SRL
    Ali
    Pep
    Hearns
    Mayweather
    Duran
    Louis
    RJJ
    Hagler
    You have Floyd on that list too?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,907
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    404
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Post your top 10 greatest boxers of all time, from any weight class and era

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Everyone has their own personal preferences, I think it’s impossible to have a cast iron top 10. And mine changes every time I’m asked, so today , here’s mine.
    SRR
    SRL
    Ali
    Pep
    Hearns
    Mayweather
    Duran
    Louis
    RJJ
    Hagler
    You have Floyd on that list too?
    Yeah. And ? On yours you haven’t even mentioned Ali, yet on another thread you’ve been banging on about him being the Greatest
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 05-27-2019 at 07:56 AM.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,441
    Mentioned
    1407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2661
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Post your top 10 greatest boxers of all time, from any weight class and era

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Everyone has their own personal preferences, I think it’s impossible to have a cast iron top 10. And mine changes every time I’m asked, so today , here’s mine.
    SRR
    SRL
    Ali
    Pep
    Hearns
    Mayweather
    Duran
    Louis
    RJJ
    Hagler
    You have Floyd on that list too?
    Yeah. And ? On yours you haven’t even mentioned Ali, yet on another thread you’ve been banging on about him being the Greatest
    Read my post I did not finish the list and was writing what most people would have put. Even my post 1986 list is just my favourites when BHop and Tito should be in it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-13-2019, 03:16 PM
  2. time for another weight class?
    By Drago in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 06:43 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-16-2009, 09:59 PM
  4. Greatest Fights By Weight Class
    By Thread Stealer in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-26-2008, 05:39 AM
  5. Greatest Weight Class of All Time??
    By YounGun in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-25-2006, 02:52 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Boxing Hompage | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Video Clips | Boxing Forum | Boxing Downloads| Boxing Twitter | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Quiz | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Betting Odds | Boxers Records | Auctions | Fun and Games | Articles on Boxing | World News | Earn Money from your Website | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2017 Saddo Boxing - Disclaimer l Boxing