Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Anyone Else Think Vitali Klitschko Is Overrated ?

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Does Anyone Else Think Vitali Klitschko Is Overrated ?

I haven't been following boxing for awhile but where was Dereck Chisora ranked ? he won atleast 4 rounds bullied Vitali Klitschko for most of the fight, and kept coming forward. Vitali Klitschko's resume is basically built on losing to an unfit Lennox Lewis.

Discuss.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Does Anyone Else Think Vitali Klitschko Is Overrated ?

Overrated no.

Old, yes.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Overrated no.

Old, yes.
    I just think most of his resume is very average, not his fault because he's in a weak era. But that doesn't mean he would compete against the other ATG Heavyweight's either, like i've heard time and time again. What exactly would you say was his best win was ? or his denfining fight ?

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Overrated no.

Old, yes.
    I concur he's looking old now, more and more grey hairs.. Still he won comfortably, i had him winning by 5 rounds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Overrated? NO.
    And Chisora wasn't ranked high prior to this fight, i mean on paper he was coming off a LOSS, but anybody who watched the Helenius fight knew Chisora won that and won it CLEAN in a beautiful fight that send the old fans back in the 60s.

so, this is what some guys are waiting a decade, for someone to give Klitschko a FIGHT and then call him overrated

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Overrated no.

Old, yes.
    ditto

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    I haven't been following boxing for awhile but where was Dereck Chisora ranked ? he won atleast 4 rounds bullied Vitali Klitschko for most of the fight, and kept coming forward. Vitali Klitschko's resume is basically built on losing to an unfit Lennox Lewis.

Discuss.
    Its true. Vitali is not overated but when was the last time you heard someone say "did you see that cracking fight with vitali last night? What a great performance!"
    Vitali is always associated with the fact his face got destroyed by a fat, lazy, out of prime lewis but he would have won if it wasnt stopped!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he is just getting old, even so you have got to wonder now if Vitali has been an fading fighter for a while now, his competition has been so poor of late we have just not been able to tell.

A 38 year old Lennox Lewis against this Vitali or maybe one from two years ago, Lennox would have knocked him out no question.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by badr_hari View Post
    Overrated? NO.
    And Chisora wasn't ranked high prior to this fight, i mean on paper he was coming off a LOSS, but anybody who watched the Helenius fight knew Chisora won that and won it CLEAN in a beautiful fight that send the old fans back in the 60s.

so, this is what some guys are waiting a decade, for someone to give Klitschko a FIGHT and then call him overrated
    I haven't seen that Helenius fight but heard he was robbed, but i did see him lose to Fury in a terrible performance.

No one has been competitive since the Lennox Lewis fight, is because he's been fighting the likes of Shannon Briggs, Tomasz Adamek, Samuel Peter, Juan Carlos Gomez.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo View Post
    Overrated no.

Old, yes.
    ditto
    Double ditto.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Overrated no.

Old, yes.
    I just think most of his resume is very average, not his fault because he's in a weak era. But that doesn't mean he would compete against the other ATG Heavyweight's either, like i've heard time and time again. What exactly would you say was his best win was ? or his denfining fight ?
    Yeh I agree. He could be at ATG, but we'll never know because his best win is against Sam Peter But having watched him for years, I would say he he certainly isn't an ATG. I know it's easy to pick holes in Eras, but his is without doubt the worst I can think of. He's big, strong and nearly impossible to KO, but skillswise, I think he's pretty poor.
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Overrated? NO.

I haven't seen that Helenius fight but heard he was robbed, but i did see him lose to Fury in a terrible performance.

No one has been competitive since the Lennox Lewis fight, is because he's been fighting the likes of Shannon Briggs, Tomasz Adamek, Samuel Peter, Juan Carlos Gomez.
    I saw the Fury fight, but Chisora was in terrible shape for that fight, he looked like he was going into a sumo match not a boxing match. I think Chisora of tonight outpoints Fury convincingly.
    Adamek with the wins against Arreola and Grant and with the skills and speed he was bringing wasn't THAT shitty opponent. Peter was at the time the WBC titleholder. Gomez was expected to be a dangerous southpaw, Solis, Arreola, K.Johnson had all unbeaten records and weren't written off by everybody prior to the fight. In fact Chisora was the biggest underdog compared to everyone i mentioned and with a WORSER record than any of these guys. I think we don't have to see so much on how old Vitali is and how shitty the opponents have been in the past, we have to give Chisora some more credit, cuz he deserves it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

40 years old.
    missed 4 years because basically he kept injuring himself in training and decided to retire.
    only 2 fights lost were when he tore a rotator cuff (Byrd) and when Lewis busted his eye up and it was stopped.

And he appeared to be fighting with a messed up left hand today.

How many 40 year old fighters that were injured alot, take 4 years off, come back, win every fight, and then wins against a much younger fighter with only one hand?

Is the HW division good? No, but Vitali just wins.

You can only fight your era.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Overrated? NO.

I saw the Fury fight, but Chisora was in terrible shape for that fight, he looked like he was going into a sumo match not a boxing match. I think Chisora of tonight outpoints Fury convincingly.
    Adamek with the wins against Arreola and Grant and with the skills and speed he was bringing wasn't THAT shitty opponent. Peter was at the time the WBC titleholder. Gomez was expected to be a dangerous southpaw, Solis, Arreola, K.Johnson had all unbeaten records and weren't written off by everybody prior to the fight. In fact Chisora was the biggest underdog compared to everyone i mentioned and with a WORSER record than any of these guys. I think we don't have to see so much on how old Vitali is and how shitty the opponents have been in the past, we have to give Chisora some more credit, cuz he deserves it.
    David Haye could learna few things about actually fighting wiht heart and guts against a Klit.
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by captainanddew View Post
    40 years old.
    missed 4 years because basically he kept injuring himself in training and decided to retire.
    only 2 fights lost were when he tore a rotator cuff (Byrd) and when Lewis busted his eye up and it was stopped.

And he appeared to be fighting with a messed up left hand today.

How many 40 year old fighters that were injured alot, take 4 years off, come back, win every fight, and then wins against a much younger fighter with only one hand?

Is the HW division good? No, but Vitali just wins.

You can only fight your era.
    This is very true, but when that era produces Sam Peter as your best victory in 15 years, it's hard to try and compare Vitali with the greats.

Thread Information