Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default boxing domain name

For years now Ive toyed with the idea of starting a boxing website. Not really interested in a forum, there's one here. It was always geared towards some sort of biography site with a written article accompanied by images, vids, record, that sort of thing. I was always concerned with how popular it might be, what would people think of it.

Times have changed, not only do people want to consume boxing media differently, I also dont give a fuck if something is popular or how busy it might be. It's just something I want to do, for me. Creating content for someone else gets tired. You give someone permission to use your work and they still cant help but steal it and pass it off as their own.

I've got a basic idea of how I want the site to look and work. I dont have a domain name. Any thoughts? Moments of inspiration? Obviously the domain needs to be available and a .com

Check your ideas here
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: boxing domain name

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    For years now Ive toyed with the idea of starting a boxing website. Not really interested in a forum, there's one here. It was always geared towards some sort of biography site with a written article accompanied by images, vids, record, that sort of thing. I was always concerned with how popular it might be, what would people think of it.

Times have changed, not only do people want to consume boxing media differently, I also dont give a fuck if something is popular or how busy it might be. It's just something I want to do, for me. Creating content for someone else gets tired. You give someone permission to use your work and they still cant help but steal it and pass it off as their own.

I've got a basic idea of how I want the site to look and work. I dont have a domain name. Any thoughts? Moments of inspiration? Obviously the domain needs to be available and a .com

Check your ideas here
    Well most of the time if you're looking to drum up traffic for some side cash, Rule is to keep it small catchy and on subject so people will remember it. (Box rec comes to mind). If you don't care and its to be your scrap-booking passion and not just a brain child/cash cow.. you can go with something symbolic that true fans will get... Like "Beyond Canastota" to imply you're sharing the biographies and maybe some details that people wont get from just record books and build the real stories of professional fighters.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great idea mate and good luck with it. As for names I got nothing sorry. Question: were you just wanting biographies or would you do stuff on upcoming fights that interest you, or prospects that have made you take a second glance?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

notasgoodassaddo.com

thirtypeicesofsilver.co.uk

writerwhocantthinkofaname.net

Memphisbangingoneoutdaily.org

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    notasgoodassaddo.com

thirtypeicesofsilver.co.uk

writerwhocantthinkofaname.net

Memphisbangingoneoutdaily.org

Already taken dude
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Great idea mate and good luck with it. As for names I got nothing sorry. Question: were you just wanting biographies or would you do stuff on upcoming fights that interest you, or prospects that have made you take a second glance?
    A bit of everything really. It'll just be the kind of content I like, delivered the way I like, and bollocks to anyone else

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice.... (hope i haven't coated anything you've wrote that's been ponced and posted on here )

CarrotThumper.com
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MassiveBioinathread.com. Just edit it so no one can post or give feed back .

Thread Information