Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tyson Fury v Sefer Seferi / Flanagan v Hooker - 9/6/18 BT Sports

Tyson Fury will face Sefer Seferi over ten rounds in his highly-anticipated June 9 comeback fight, live on BT Sport.

The former WBA, WBO and IBF Heavyweight World Champion will end an exile of over two-and-a-half years when he fights at the Manchester Arena for the first time in his career.
    'Gypsy King' Fury looks in incredible shape, having lost a remarkable seven stone since teaming up with new trainer Ben Davison.
    Albania's Seferi holds a record of 23 wins from 24 fights, with 21 of his wins coming by way of knockout. His sole career loss came against WBA Heavyweight World Champion Manuel Charr, when he was outpointed over ten rounds.
    Also confirmed for 'He's Back' is the Vacant WBC International Middleweight title fight between Oldham's 'Kid Dynamite' Mark Heffron (19-0, 15 KO's) and Andrew Robinson(21-3-1, 6 KO's);
    Liverpool's James Metcalf (17-0, 9 KO's) takes on Jorge Fortea (16-1-1, 5 KO's) for the Vacant WBC International Super-Welterweight Championship;
    A huge night of boxing in Manchester also sees local hero Terry Flanagan (33-0, 13 KO's) bid to become a two-weight World Champion when he clashes with unbeaten American Maurice Hooker (23-0-3, 16 KO's) for the Vacant WBO Super-Lightweight crown;
    Ricky Hatton-trained Heavyweight prospect Nathan Gorman (12-0, 10 KO's) collides with rival 'Big Sexy' Sean Turner (12-2, 8 KO's) over ten rounds; unbeaten Middleweight prospects Troy Williamson (6-0, 4 KO's) and Jack Flatley (11-0, 4 KO's) rematch after their Senior ABA final in 2015 that Williamson won;
    Zelfa Barrett, Jordan Thompson, Lyndon Arthur, Jack Massey and Jack McGanncomplete an unmissable card.
    Tickets for 'He's Back' are available purchase NOW via the Manchester Arena on www.manchester-arena.com and tel: 0844 847 8000.
    Tickets for this unmissable event start from just £40.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson Fury v Sefer Seferi / Flanagan v Hooker - 9/6/18 BT Sports

So he won't fight Bellew because he is too small and would do him some proper damage.

Then takes a fight against someone a lot smaller than Bellew.

Nothing less than we were expecting though really is it.

I'll bet that @ross is somewhere in the world now trying to convince people that this is a live opponent and a victory will prove that Fury is back and better than ever.

I'll let him off for his first fight in 3 years though.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

id have rather seen him in with a Heavyweight, there's no way Warren will rush him either. No chance of him risking potentiality tge top boy in tbe division.
    I expect back to back gimmes then he needs a decent test third time out.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would prefer he fight either from the other heavyweight fight on the card!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A 40 yr old cruiserweight named twice. Brilliant. I'll give credit for Fury putting in the work and keeping his nose clean but ways to go. All in on seeing Flanagan beat Hooker.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    A 40 yr old cruiserweight named twice. Brilliant. I'll give credit for Fury putting in the work and keeping his nose clean but ways to go. All in on seeing Flanagan beat Hooker.
    Hooker was "discovered" while getting kind of roughed up in sparring with Saucedo in Texas. The money guy behind Alex at the time liked him, however, then subsequently had a falling out with my friend that managed Saucedo. The money guy then became the manager of Hooker and got him to a world ranking before they parted ways.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cunningham put him on his ass.
    I can only hope Seferi will put him on his back.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe they are looking to get fury fighting Manuel charr next year and picking up the fake wba title, seferi only loss came against charr... Charr has challengrged fury to a fight before and he will bc looking to get paid before he is finished, which in my opinion will be pretty soon...

As for seferi v fury.... Who cares.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This gimme is fine by me for first time out after his lay off.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shows why Ali, Vital and Leonard were so great, all took on tough guys after roughly 3-4 years out.

Thurman and Fury need their tune ups
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched highlights of this severity guy getting beat by Manuel charr. I'd have to say he looks even worse than the bums David Haye was beating on Dave.

i can understand a soft touch after a layoff but this cruiserweight won't even give him any rounds and it's not like he can make a statement by beating him quickly. Waste of time fight but there's gotta be a reason he chose someone this bad

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Just watched highlights of this severity guy getting beat by Manuel charr. I'd have to say he looks even worse than the bums David Haye was beating on Dave.

i can understand a soft touch after a layoff but this cruiserweight won't even give him any rounds and it's not like he can make a statement by beating him quickly. Waste of time fight but there's gotta be a reason he chose someone this bad
    Maybe he will choose Bellew next.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The point of a tuneup is to get better. This is just a waste of time.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson's a joke, and so's his comeback.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    The point of a tuneup is to get better. This is just a waste of time.
    I think the point in this case is just to get him back in the ring for real, then to see if he can fight at all anymore, and, above all, to make sure he doesn't get beat.

Thread Information