91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Was Mahatma Gandhi a racist?

Was Mahatma Gandhi a racist?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-34265882

In The South African Gandhi: Stretcher-Bearer of Empire, Desai and Vahed write that during his stay in Africa, Gandhi kept the Indian struggle "separate from that of Africans and coloureds even though the latter were also denied political rights on the basis of colour and could also lay claim to being British subjects".

They write that Gandhi's political strategies - fighting to repeal unjust laws or freedom of movement or trade - carved out an exclusivist Indian identity "that relied on him taking up 'Indian' issues in ways that cut Indians off from Africans, while his attitudes paralleled those of whites in the early years". Gandhi, the authors write, was indifferent to the plight of the indentured, and believed that state power should remain in white hands, and called black Africans Kaffirs, a derogatory term, for a larger part of his stay in the country.

In 1893, Gandhi wrote to the Natal parliament saying that a "general belief seems to prevail in the Colony that the Indians are better than savages or the Natives of Africa".

In 1904, he wrote to a health officer in Johannesburg that the council "must withdraw Kaffirs" from an unsanitary slum called the "Coolie Location" where a large number of Africans lived alongside Indians. "About the mixing of the Kaffirs with the Indians, I must confess I feel most strongly."

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Was Mahatma Gandhi a racist?

Interesting....sad but interesting.

Who isn't racist these days?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't see anything wrong here he was for the Indian Revolution he can't also be for all the revolutions all around the world he was there to serve the Indians and he single-handedly defeated the evil white British Empire

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    I don't see anything wrong here he was for the Indian Revolution he can't also be for all the revolutions all around the world he was there to serve the Indians and he single-handedly defeated the evil white British Empire
    What about people who are for the current British revolution like Tommy Robinson?

Do they have the right to look out for their own people, like the poor little British girls who have been victims of paedophiles? Who actually worship an evil pervert who married a 7-year-old girl!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    What about people who are for the current British revolution like Tommy Robinson?

Do they have the right to look out for their own people, like the poor little British girls who have been victims of paedophiles? Who actually worship an evil pervert who married a 7-year-old girl!
    So there is a "British" revolution led by Tommy Robinson?

People should look out for all, no matter their race/religion, particularly vulnerable children who are victims.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    particularly vulnerable children who are victims.
    Fairly certain you get called racist for attempting such

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Not all the victims are children, many are young adults. No one would get called racist for protecting victims if they were trying to highlight all perpetrators.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anybody who wants to be a revolutionary they can go do whatever they want I have no problem with that let them knock themselves out. Everybody has the right to try to lead a revolution at their own risk.

If Tommy Robinson wants to lead a revolution in the UK then go ahead and let him. Of course he has the right to try. I don't really get the reasoning here. So if Tommy Robinson just wants to help out his own people meaning white people, so be it. Let him be an advocate for white people in the UK. God knows there's enough black advocates for black people in the US and there's enough Hispanic advocates for Hispanic people in the US so what would be wrong with having a white advocate for white people? I don't see what the reasoning is here going on. Mahatma Gandhi did a great thing so I don't really understand what this is about

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Protect all victims and catch all perpetrators no matter their race/religion/background.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What would be wrong with having a white advocate for white people? I don't see what the reasoning is here going on.
    Blacks looking out for black people: good. Malcolm X was a hero.
    Indians looking out for Indians: good. Mahatma Gandhi was a hero.
    Chinese looking out for Chinese: good.
    Gays looking out for gay people: good.
    Whites looking out for white people: racist.

El Kabong Guest

Not all the victims are children, many are young adults. No one would get called racist for protecting victims if they were trying to highlight all perpetrators.
    #NotAll

How are you going to protect victims if you have to be all hush hush about the perps?

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    What would be wrong with having a white advocate for white people? I don't see what the reasoning is here going on.
    Blacks looking out for black people: good. Malcolm X was a hero.
    Indians looking out for Indians: good. Mahatma Gandhi was a hero.
    Chinese looking out for Chinese: good.
    Gays looking out for gay people: good.
    Whites looking out for white people: racist.

Fuck being a racist bigot xenophobe I'm becoming a full on misanthrope...before the internet I used to get along with people of all backgrounds, now not so much.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fuck being a racist bigot xenophobe I'm becoming a full on misanthrope...before the internet I used to get along with people of all backgrounds, now not so much.
    I like people of all races, but I've become increasingly angry about the unfair double standards that are applied against white people.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

#NotAll

How are you going to protect victims if you have to be all hush hush about the perps?
    Just stay quiet during the trial and that is how you protect victims and punish perpetrators.

El Kabong Guest

Just stay quiet during the trial and that is how you protect victims and punish perpetrators.
    LOL.....and no memes

Thread Information