Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gervonta Davis vs. Hugo Ruiz

[QUOTE=Batman;1512224]
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Maybe in a strange kind of twisted logic way, Floyd wants to "legitimize" his own circus fights by having a current star follow his footsteps (??).
    Exactly what I said to someone this morning.

I'd be surprised if it actually happened though.
    Hope you are right as this does embarrass Davis and his career.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing is though doesn't it almost make a mockery of Floyd even more to have a guy much smaller go in and very likely pull off the same victory? Looks doubly bad for Davis also because its just an excuse to come in heavy and its not like he isn't already struggling with that in his "real" profession. Not to beat a dead horse but its just a massively dumb short sighted stunt for Davis. May weather just needs to sit down and stfu up already and Davis needs to get the hell away from Floyd's shadow. This is worse than some circus act Butterbean shat.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    The thing is though doesn't it almost make a mockery of Floyd even more to have a guy much smaller go in and very likely pull off the same victory? Looks doubly bad for Davis also because its just an excuse to come in heavy and its not like he isn't already struggling with that in his "real" profession. Not to beat a dead horse but its just a massively dumb short sighted stunt for Davis. May weather just needs to sit down and stfu up already and Davis needs to get the hell away from Floyd's shadow. This is worse than some circus act Butterbean shat.
    Floyd obviously sees Davis as somebody who could eventually do big PPV numbers and this must fit into some hare brained scheme to PPVise him. Is all I can think of. But like you say he's much smaller than Floyd and he's struggling at the weight he's at now. I have a feeling for all the obvious skill that he could have a Broner like career, a bully at lower weights but unable to handle it when he moves up. He's even got some of the same out of the ring issues that Broner has I think although could be misremembering. He's going to be fun to watch though.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Floyd obviously sees Davis as somebody who could eventually do big PPV numbers and this must fit into some hare brained scheme to PPVise him. Is all I can think of. But like you say he's much smaller than Floyd and he's struggling at the weight he's at now. I have a feeling for all the obvious skill that he could have a Broner like career, a bully at lower weights but unable to handle it when he moves up. He's even got some of the same out of the ring issues that Broner has I think although could be misremembering. He's going to be fun to watch though.
    I believe he's being sued right now for allegedly going all Ike Turner on some stripper and hex was on his best behaviour Saturday. The saying goes you're as good as the company you keep. He and Broner are always hanging together. Really does make Mayweather look like a dim bulb.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He also makes Mayweather sound like Martin Luther king. He’s a massive talent and great to watch, but if you listen to him speak, you have to wonder if he is for real mentally retarded He almost can’t possibly be as stupid as he sounds, but if it’s even in the same stratosphere, then you may as well forget questioning anything he does or goes along with out of the ring.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    I believe he's being sued right now for allegedly going all Ike Turner on some stripper and hex was on his best behaviour Saturday. The saying goes you're as good as the company you keep. He and Broner are always hanging together. Really does make Mayweather look like a dim bulb.
    Lovely. Maybe Floyd thinks keeping him busy and in the gym might delay the point where he properly fucks it up. Hopefully he manages a few meaningful fights before the inevitable happens.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He’s got you folks on a string.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    He’s got you folks on a string.

Meaning what.. that he doesn't really mean it and you're the only one wise enough to know better?

Apparently it IS true, and Floyd's calling it an exhibition match, as if any other rising star had time to devote to a meaningless exhibition fight in Japan.

It's a waste of everyone's time, and I'm surprised young Gervonta is going along with it.

Being "on a string" would implicate someone who actually gave a shit what Floyd does and doesn't do.

That automatically eliminates me.

As long as it doesn't hurt boxing, Floyd and his unfortunate proteges can fight Snow White's seven dwarfs for all I care.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Long post for someone that doesn’t care

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey I hope you’re right Ron, as would most, but who benefits from having us on this string? Nobody knew who the guy Floyd just fought was, and most have surely forgotten. If you mean it’s some silly gimmick to announce the fight, why not just have him do some staged thing in a strip club on Instagram or something, as seems to work so well. I don’t think anyone in their target market posts on this forum if that’s the case. Why wouldn’t he try and just get Davis proper fights? We can all see he’s extremely good, there are only a few guys who’d have any chance of beating him, let’s see em? Floyd didn’t have the luxury of fucking around like this for many, many years when he was fighting.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Davis got $1million for that pathetic mismatch which is all Floyd and Ellerbe were bragging about afterwards. They don't even pretend it's a sport anymore, it's all about the hustle/scam, they've won back an audience who are more concerned with "sticking it to the man" than who's the best boxer.

It's not a coincidence Al Haymon came from the music business or has captured a certain market who admire Broner.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn't think I'd have to qualify this, but I guess I was wrong.

I don't care about Floyd. I do care about boxing.

Better?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wow amazing i love it

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Didn't think I'd have to qualify this, but I guess I was wrong.

I don't care about Floyd. I do care about boxing.

Better?
    I approve of this message

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Davis got $1million for that pathetic mismatch which is all Floyd and Ellerbe were bragging about afterwards. They don't even pretend it's a sport anymore, it's all about the hustle/scam, they've won back an audience who are more concerned with "sticking it to the man" than who's the best boxer.

It's not a coincidence Al Haymon came from the music business or has captured a certain market who admire Broner.
    Why don’t you just say what you’re really thinking. Anyone who has been here any length of time has caught on. Just say it.

Thread Information