Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

Why haven't we seen mass protests against other world leaders who have visited the UK?

What about when the prime minister of Saudi Arabia visited?
    What about when the Chinese president visited?

Nah, it isn't as fashionable to show up for a protest against them, if the people protesting really cared then they would have been out in numbers for these people as well.

I may be wrong but I still believe the majority of these protesters were there for a day out rather than anything to do with things that trump has done since being president...oh a fair few of them probably went because they were in uproar because he once said he'd gran someone by the pussy.

I'm 100% behind protesting when it is legitimate but to me it just smacks of the modern day mentality of people, if love to find out the specific reasons that a lot of them had for being there.

I'm only going on my own personal experience of speaking to the anti Trump mobs that I meet and to be honest most of the most hardened anti Trumpists are likely to be massive fans of love island.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Personally as an Independent minded American who considers himself fair minded I've had my fill of licking Putins boots as a Country by way of the Presidents acceptance if not down right encouragement to ignore bi partisan findings that they committed hostile acts upon us. There is an active investigation literally handing down indictments on a dozen Russian military operatives and POTUS wants to have a "summit" behind closed doors with Putin while continually attacking our own intelligence agencies, dismissing law enforcement, undercutting our long standing allies and balancing our long term stability of nothing more than a tired worn rehash of ego driven cheap talking points catch phrases and willing negligence. Not one to wrap myself in the flag but you are an American before you are a Democrat or Republican. We've lost that.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Why haven't we seen mass protests against other world leaders who have visited the UK?

Nah, it isn't as fashionable to show up for a protest against them, if the people protesting really cared then they would have been out in numbers for these people as well.

I may be wrong but I still believe the majority of these protesters were there for a day out rather than anything to do with things that trump has done since being president...oh a fair few of them probably went because they were in uproar because he once said he'd gran someone by the pussy.

I'm 100% behind protesting when it is legitimate but to me it just smacks of the modern day mentality of people, if love to find out the specific reasons that a lot of them had for being there.

I'm only going on my own personal experience of speaking to the anti Trump mobs that I meet and to be honest most of the most hardened anti Trumpists are likely to be massive fans of love island.
    There were demonstrations against Saudi and China but far less. That is because Trump is from our closest ally, the biggest country in the world and the most powerful nation ever. Trump would be news anyway but when you have his attitude towards women, immigration policy of separating families from children and firing anyone that exposes his lies then he will be bigger news.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

There were demonstrations against Saudi and China but far less. That is because Trump is from our closest ally, the biggest country in the world and the most powerful nation ever. Trump would be news anyway but when you have his attitude towards women, immigration policy of separating families from children and firing anyone that exposes his lies then he will be bigger news.
    Ya that must be why damn master you drank the cool aid

Some activists seeking to protest against Xi complained they were corralled out of his view, allowing his route in London to be lined mainly by supportive Chinese nationals seemingly organised by Beijing officials.

Shao Jiang, a survivor of the 1989 Tiananmen Square protests who lives in the UK, complained to the police watchdog after he was arrested for allegedly conspiring to commit a public order offence for running into a road near where Xi was expected holding two A4-sized protest signs.
    Last edited by walrus; 07-15-2018 at 03:11 PM.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The UK has been so dumbed down and browbeaten by the EU monstrosity and by political correctness that they cannot think for themselves anymore. Batman is right it is simply fashionable now to go out and act pretentiously the social justice Warrior protesting the animal fascist Orange Monster who hates all women and hates all immigrants and hates all non-white people

Get out the violins you melodramatic Panic Queens

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Has anyone bothered to ask any of the British protesters WHY they're against Trump and are protesting?

Seems like a logical step to me.

But hey..... wtf do I know....... I don't live there.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Has anyone bothered to ask any of the British protesters WHY they're against Trump and are protesting?

Yes they have and for some of the reasons I stated.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Because he is racist and hates women

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@TitoFan

reason number one is because he is against immigration and Europe is such left-wing liberals that they compare that with Hitler and they are very very over-sensitive and paranoid about even the most remote inkling of anything which even remotely resembles in anyone's wildest imaginations and over exaggerations and paranoia anything to do with fascism or Hitler or totalitarianism

reason number two is because he is a real Ladies Man and European men have been so emasculated over the past 20 or 30 years through the rabbit feminist movements that it is now a crime to be masculine or to act like a man or to say that you love women or that women look good and since Donald Trump has been a real ladies man right out in the open people in the United Kingdom and Europe hold hatred for him for this and despise him for this

reason number 3 is that Europeans are group animals and do everything in a huge Global is group for example the Paris Accord and Trump took the United States out of that as there's plenty of science which does not backup the ideas involved in that so-called imperative to eventually pay a global carbon tax for each and every one of our carbon footprint Jesus if if you're looking for a fascism there it is right there

so they're Tito there are three of the main reasons why British people hate Donald Trump and as you can see all three reasons are absolute poppycock

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's in good company, isn't he?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Absolute shitshow with the Stzrok hearing today. The Democrats tried to block and stop everything. The Republicans did get flustered and they were pissed off about it. Peter Stzrok is mini-Comey a smug smarmy narcissist...."I can't recall sending that text"...."actually you have to look at the context surrounding the text".....oh really? I thought you "didn't remember"....what a piece of shit.

This is good:

https://twitter.com/girlsreallyrule/...43754910224385

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Info for my mate kirky........Last week brought a little (at least short-term) good news if you’re worried about the yield curve inverting.

The 10-year U.S. Treasury yield rose above 3% for the first time in four years. This will be the opposite of inversion, if it persists. It makes the curve steeper unless short-term rates rise even more.

In spite of that, the yield curve is still abnormally flat. The gap between 2-year and 10-year Treasury yields hasn’t been this low since before the last recession. This gap dropped below zero—i.e. inverted—shortly before the last three recessions.

We haven’t seen it yet in this cycle. But we certainly could see inversion within the next year or so if it keeps dropping at the current rate.

That’s quite possible if the Fed keeps hiking because they have hit their inflation and employment targets.

An Inverted Yield Curve Is a Far-Leading Indicator

The Fed is now walking a very tight rope. The Fed knows deep down that it has to get rates back up so that it has a few “bullets” for the next recession.

It is likely the Fed will keep hiking rates until we get to an inverted yield curve. Is the Fed aware of all the literature and what it’s doing? Absolutely. Candidly, I can’t imagine accepting a Fed appointment knowing that we are this late in the cycle.

Does an inverted yield curve guarantee a recession? No, but inversions are strong evidence that one is forming.

Last month, yet another new San Francisco Fed study found an inverted yield curve—which predicted all nine US recessions since 1955 and is still valid even in today’s low-rate environment.

However, yield curve inversion is a far-leading indicator, which is why my previous recession and bear market calls were early. Those nine recessions all began 6–24 months after the yield curve inverted.

And, in the ones I’m old enough to remember, many experts spent those months telling us that this time was different. (Spoiler: It wasn’t.) And I expect the same again.

Look around at all the great economic news. I’m aware of it. But the economy was hitting on all cylinders in early 2000 and late 2006, too. The numbers always look great right before a recession. Then it all rolls over at once.

A Sign That Something Is Rotten

An inverted yield curve doesn’t immediately damage the economy. It’s like fever. It points to damage that is already happening—an underlying infection.

It means bond investors have lost short-term confidence in the economy and want to lock in longer-term interest rates.

You don’t want to buy, say, one-year bills if you think rates will be lower when it’s time to reinvest them. That will be the case if, for instance, you expect the Fed to be lowering rates to stave off recession.

Fevers usually don’t kill you, they are a symptom of something being wrong. But if a fever gets high enough or lasts long enough, it will kill you. Which is why hospitals work so hard to keep your fever down.

A steeply inverted yield curve that goes on long enough is like having 108° fever. Both banks and shadow lenders go upside down on their “book” and stop making loans. That can freeze the economy and make a garden-variety recession even worse.

Which is why any central bank facing that scenario lowers rates and fights the yield curve.

The London Interbank Offering Rate (LIBOR) has for most of my adult life been the world’s most important private interest rate. By now, you know that it is going away and new substitutes are coming. But LIBOR is still out there for a short time, so let’s look at it.

There’s now less than a 60 basis point spread on the Treasury 2/10, and half that if you’re using LIBOR, which I think of as more free market.

If you go out the LIBOR swap market, you find a 20-year swap is not much different than a 10-year. The further out the curve you go, the flatter it gets. This is what happens at the end of an economic cycle and right before the yield curve inverts.

Get a Bird’s-Eye View of the Economy with Thoughts from the Frontline My weekly newsletter is a must-read for investors who want to find out about the
    his is actually not bad. This man is a non idiot.
    T

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...us-dollar.html

Kirky here is another article about China and Russia. I know there was also talk about China dumping bond holdings but they suspect that was just saber rattling because of trade. However Russia and China have been talking about a gold backed currency rather than the current petro dollar which has been used since the seventies. We made an agreement at the time for oil purchases to be done only in dollars. China beat us as the the largest importer of oil and there usage will continue to grow so they can put pressure on the house of saud to to accept the yuan. We provide security to the Saudi oil field so we can apply pressure. It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out
    The is just some idiot talking his book (selling his own firm/position).

You can't have a currency backed by gold and a couple of autocracies supplanting the dollar. You'd need endless economic, legal, political changes that will never happen for it to be theoretically possible and if it was backed by gold it'd be less useful than Bitcoin. A few years ago China managed to get the IMF to use their currency as one of the five that are used to peg the value of Special Drawing Rights. These kind of moves and annoncements are just China and Russia trying to cause America any kind of problem they can. They can't compete militarily so they try and fuck with America in other ways.

What's important for people deciding where to put their capital and people deciding where to invest is whether a country has opportunities available under an umbrella of politcal and legal stability, maybe with a bit of history of stability and functioning rule of law to back that up. China and Russia don't come close to anybody you would want running some kind of supranational currency.

And if Trump does screw things up and the dollar somehow loses its reserve status it'll actually help the US economy as much as it hurts it. Although if we do get to that point nobody will be thanking him it's fair to say.

Also, too, the US offers protection to the Saudis in the same way five Italian families offer businesses in New York protection from losses. This kind of behaviour is on the way out. Look how China are building trading relationships around the world and look at what they're looking to succeed in over the next hundred years -- they're looking and building to be number one in all the industries which will dominate the future. That's where we're fucking up, not with nonsense like this.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So we've moved onto "all Brits" now because of 30-50,000 out of 50 million? Ridiculous.

As many British people love Trump as hate him, most are indifferent. The same goes for all polarising characters. Contrary to all the conspiracy merchants bleating on about untrustworthy bias MSM, you hear as many people say Farage should be PM as should be shot, the same with Corbyn, depends on the company/demographic/individual.

I see things similar to @Batman. All I see is hypocrites, fudged numbers and followers of fashion on both sides.

And whilst they fight over a balloon, Trump is shanking a 9-iron around beautiful Turnberry whilst sucking in the finest Scottish coast air and guzzling a Dom Perignon, he wouldn't piss on you if you was on fire.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I want to suck in the finest Scottish air
    At Turnberry and at Stornoway and at Bellaire

Thread Information