Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  23
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "P4P no.1!" Chocolatito-vs-Thai Bang Bang Merchant - (Golovkin-Jacobs undercard)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default "P4P no.1!" Chocolatito-vs-Thai Bang Bang Merchant - (Golovkin-Jacobs undercard)

Not seen anyone mention Chocolatito-Srisaket in the Golovkin-Jacobs thread so i'm giving the little basher-genius his own thread.

This is clearly a mismatch, right? The bookies give the typical padded record Thai no chance - he is generally 9/1 just to win. However....

Having a closer look, on a formline through Cuadras those odds are way to big. Cuadras gave Chocolatito a real tough fight last time. Although a rightful winner, the "P4P no.1" looked knackered and battered at the end - understandably as not only is Cuadras a top fighter but also looked naturally bigger and stronger. Or to put it another way, Chocolatito wasn't as effective stepping up to superfly - his 4th weightclass.

Now Srisaket doesn't have the boxing movement/awkwardness of Cuadras, in fact he's an open target for Choco to unleash his awesome combos, but he too is the natural superfly, is a super aggressive lefty - defence is his offense - and can crack ribs and rattle bonces. He was down on the cards but visibly hurt Cuadras several times and wasn't getting totally outclassed when the fight was stopped - due to an axe wound on the Mexican's bonce.

It looks like Srisaket's sparko streak - 38 of his last 39 wins have been by stoppage - is just a typical Thai record, but he's won all his title fights by chinnage too, so over-inflated record or not, there's substance to it. The TD loss to Cuadras is his only blip in the past seven years.

Cuadras said this week - the Thai is much stronger and harder hitting than Choco, it'll be a close fight.

Chocolatito is utterly brilliant and could easily make the Thai look like a mug. However, considering the weightclass, his grueling last fight and the pressure of now being a main attraction (all the extra media shit and stuff), at 9-1 I think it's worth taking a chance this is Barrera-Pac 1.

Incidently Srisaket Sor Rungvisai (The Thai) is called Wisaksil Wangek on my betting slip. Boxing.
    Last edited by Fenster; 03-19-2017 at 11:20 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: "P4P no.1!" Chocolatito-vs-Thai Bang Bang Merchant - (Golovkin-Jacobs undercard)

I had no idea about this fight and haven't seen the Thai fellow at all, but stoked to hear about it as I'll be watching. Seems like GGG and Gonzales seem to get on the same bill fairly often, can't go wrong there. Cuadras is also fighting in what should be just before this one, so a nice card is almost a guarantee.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: "P4P no.1!" Chocolatito-vs-Thai Bang Bang Merchant - (Golovkin-Jacobs undercard)

Glad he's on the card and huge chance to shine. For all of the talk of 'greats' Chocolatito has seemed a bit sluggish and not hard to catch over last couple. Wangek great numbers but before and after Cuadras he's been knocking over stunt men largely. How'd you like to make your pro debut against a guy 40-4

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Chocolatito will only get better at the weight. Cuadras has the wrong idea about him. He'll have more for Cuadras in the return.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thailand is going through a revival at the lower weight classes in international boxing. This is good since in Thailand international boxing plays 2nd to Muay Thai, which is OK since Muay Thai is part of their national identity and a beautiful art. But perhaps now that the country has 2 active high level champions (Knockout CP Freshmart being the other) the sport will regain some of its popularity and we can see a bit more of their Muay Thai fighters cross over to put up some good fights at the level weights. Due to their Muay Thai background most Thai international boxers are front foot heavy which makes them fan friendly fighters.

On another note sure we can argue the decision. But in my opinion Gonzalez has become too complacent. He needed to lose in order to advance to the next chapter of his career. Now where does this next chapter take him? That's up to him. But I have been noticing psychological and physical regression with him and this is usually a sign of lack of motivation. A competitive loss and a bit of meditation can be the right medicine for this problem.
    Last edited by wanderingfighter; 03-19-2017 at 07:57 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holy fuck! Oh yes, this thread is getting shamelessy bumped, and then bumped again, and again and again.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stole the show - Belter of a fight!!!

Hard as nails and a great performance by the

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This thread reminds me of Khaosi Galaxy. Only Thai boxer I remember at that weight.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mystic Meg strikes again
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sanatogen View Post
    This thread reminds me of Khaosi Galaxy. Only Thai boxer I remember at that weight.
    Khaosi Galaxy was one hell of a Muay Thai fighter and had a ton of fights before switching to western boxing. He was pretty much a fighting machine.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Holy fuck! Oh yes, this thread is getting shamelessy bumped, and then bumped again, and again and again.
    are you going to fill in for ross whilst he is away by constantly mentioning a prediction ?

I bet 2 quid on the thai fellow to ko him... I did not win

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Not seen anyone mention Chocolatito-Srisaket in the Golovkin-Jacobs thread so i'm giving the little basher-genius his own thread.

This is clearly a mismatch, right? The bookies give the typical padded record Thai no chance - he is generally 9/1 just to win. However....

Having a closer look, on a formline through Cuadras those odds are way to big. Cuadras gave Chocolatito a real tough fight last time. Although a rightful winner, the "P4P no.1" looked knackered and battered at the end - understandably as not only is Cuadras a top fighter but also looked naturally bigger and stronger. Or to put it another way, Chocolatito wasn't as effective stepping up to superfly - his 4th weightclass.

Now Srisaket doesn't have the boxing movement/awkwardness of Cuadras, in fact he's an open target for Choco to unleash his awesome combos, but he too is the natural superfly, is a super aggressive lefty - defence is his offense - and can crack ribs and rattle bonces. He was down on the cards but visibly hurt Cuadras several times and wasn't getting totally outclassed when the fight was stopped - due to an axe wound on the Mexican's bonce.

It looks like Srisaket's sparko streak - 38 of his last 39 wins have been by stoppage - is just a typical Thai record, but he's won all his title fights by chinnage too, so over-inflated record or not, there's substance to it. The TD loss to Cuadras is his only blip in the past seven years.

Cuadras said this week - the Thai is much stronger and harder hitting than Choco, it'll be a close fight.

Chocolatito is utterly brilliant and could easily make the Thai look like a mug. However, considering the weightclass, his grueling last fight and the pressure of now being a main attraction (all the extra media shit and stuff), at 9-1 I think it's worth taking a chance this is Barrera-Pac 1.

Incidently Srisaket Sor Rungvisai (The Thai) is called Wisaksil Wangek on my betting slip. Boxing.
    History has proven you totally right. Congrats Fensty, how much did you win with your dared yet well analysed bet?
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really need to find this and watch when I have the time. Used to have and record the US shows when we had Sky and Boxnation HD but Virgin only has Boxnation SD and it is apparently terrible and often virtually unwatchable. Resent paying for that kind of service.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chocolatito is just not big enough at this weight.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Really need to find this and watch when I have the time. Used to have and record the US shows when we had Sky and Boxnation HD but Virgin only has Boxnation SD and it is apparently terrible and often virtually unwatchable. Resent paying for that kind of service.
    watch it as it is unbelievable blood fest.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information