Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins this one & how me bwoyo's?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: It's two in a row Satdee!!! Just another one of Wacko's DRBR's Pac vs Barrera II

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default It's two in a row Satdee!!! Just another one of Wacko's DRBR's Pac vs Barrera II

Alright people…the weekend‘s here again & once again…it‘s on…but this time…it‘s on double time & Wacko‘s gonna have to do some serious knuckle busting with the remotes & keyboards due to the fact that we got two fights this weekend that will indeed change the landscape of one of our current favorite divisions & one of our least favored ones to boot.

Now you all know that Wacko loves to talk…hell…it‘s common knowledge that I could talk my way in & out of an A.A. Convention with a bottle of Vodka in one hand & a quart of Rum in the other…but this time I kinda wanted to let you guys do some of the talking here…so let us begin shall we?!?!?!

Tis time once again me bwoyo’s for yet another installment of Wacko’s Drunken Round by Round as Hall of Fame shoe in Marco Antonio Barrera (69 fights, 63 wins, 5 losses, & 42 ko‘s) sets out to right the first wrong that Manny Pacquiao (49 fights, 44 wins, 3 losses, 2 draws, & 35 ko‘s) laid on him on November the 15th, 2003 all those years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by narsman
    Same to you, Wacko! This is going the one helluva fight! Can't wait.

Favorite quote from PAC-MAB I

Larry: This is the fight that will shake up the boxing world.
    First & foremost…welcome to the forum my good man…have the Obligatory Wacko Welcome Wagon

Larry Merchant was & is right & your favorite quote from the first fight hangs heavy in the air for this one, IWHO. This is the fight that could shake up the boxing world…provided that Barrera were to win…which honestly…I just can’t see that happening. As stated before…I personally think that Pacquiao has Barrera’s number & Barrera has a few handfuls of things going against him.

What Wacko? What do you ask, could these detractions be?

#1: Barrera’s 20+ year trainer bailed on this fight…maybe for the most obvious of reasons.
    #2: Barrera’s got age against him also…not to mention a “Tasmanian like Tornado” in front of him also.
    #3: Barrera’s coming off the loss to Marquez…so the pressures on him like a muh-fwocka.
    #4: Barrera’s got kind of a new & inexperienced corner…even though they’ve been there with him for the better part of 10 or 12 years…once the blood starts flying & S*** don’t go their ways…it’ll show.
    #5: Barrera’s chin & speed failed him the first time that he fought Manny, he had some drags with Juarez, & Juan Manuel strafed him repeatedly…I think that 4 years later it’s gonna fail him faster this go around.

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    Simply put... I have no earthly idea who is gonna win this Wacks for the double duty
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh…think nothing of it my man….I’m just thrilled to be back in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SanMarugati

Manny is the obvious choice, isn't he?

I dunno though. In a way I want to believe that Marco has this one last great fight in front of him and he will pull it off. In the last press conference he was holing back tears (I thought - when he said he was this was his last year boxing) and i can't help but believe that Marco is going to pull this off.

I'm going for Marco on points, via a passionate and smart display, from one of the the better fighters in and around his weight class ever.

Maybe even a shock ko....
    Oh man…I’d love to see Barrera pull this out because YES Pacquiao is the obvious choice between the two…but as usual…on pointly & well spoken by my guy below….I’m with him 100%. Read on below courtesy of me bwoy Bilbo:

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    It would be great to see the old warrior Barrera pull off a shock win but the only way I see it happening is if Manny really has been as underprepared as HBO say. I think a lot of the talk of his slacking off and personal problems though are hype for a fight which otherwise would have an overwhelming favourite in Manny Pacquio.

Personally I'm not buying the hype at all and think Manny will come in sharp and focused and will batter Barrera into submission by about the 9th round
    The time of the old guard will finally pass with this fight and a unification showdown between Pacquaio and Marquez will take place in 2008.
    Agreed. Very well stated & there’s already been some shifting already beginning ala Pavlik.

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee
    If Barrera is fighting a truly distracted Pacquaio, I'm predicting a late KO favor of Pacquaio. If Pacquaio is truly prepared, it will be an early KO (maybe within six rounds). I'm predicting a 7th round KO coz I believe Pacquaio had some distractions during his training.
    Sooooooooooo…your’e sayin’ that Barrera aint got an ice cubes chance in hell, huh?

I can buy that.

Heh heh heh.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Big' Dan McCarthy
    Where's all the Barrera UD people gone now! When it goes onto the Wacko poll people lose their faith .
    Comfortably sitting on a nice big rational set of balls BDMC!

Heh heh heh heh. You know Barrera’s gonna get his a** knocked the fwcok out!

Keep it real young man…or ELSE!!

I've always routed for Barrera and always will, since he smashed Naz he's had my respect and watching his transformation into probably the best technical boxer Mexico has produced is a beautiful thing.
    I’m with ya there big guy. I’m watching that very fight now via HBO CLASSIC’s @ 12:35 in the a.m. & keep getting more & more hammered by the second. Every time Barrera wacks Naz my head jerks back in pleasant shock & drunken glee. Heh heh heh.

I was sick to my stomach with the JMM thing, Jay Nady can suck my balls for so many of these awful decisions over the years and blatant a** kissing of the big names. (Remember before the Mayweather fight when he said it's an honour and a privelege to be refereeing you or something on those lines).
    Well…I hate it babe…but if you love your sport & the figures of it…I’de imagine that if I were a part of such a grandiose fight I’d be a bit star struck to.

I mean please! If you were the head towel bwoy at the “Vegas Exclusive All Nude,All Boxing Superstars Ready To Be Serviced” meat bar…you’d be wishing you were a gotdam octopus…right?

I would say “I feel ya dawg”…but just between you & …I aint getting in in the middle of NO GOTDAM discussion ’bout one of my bwoyo’s holed up in no “Happy Ending’s Guaranteed Club Vegas Exclusive All Nude,All Boxing Superstars Ready To Be Serviced”

You know you’d be there…don’t even front, but just to prove how good of a chap…I‘ll hold all ten of yor towels until your finished with your duties1

Heh heh heh heh heh You know I kid!

Well girls…I must say this was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much drunken fun for my drunken ass to handle on a funtastic Fridya night!

All that being said…I encourage you once again to join me…live & direct from the couch as we break out the chips & salsa, toss aside that remote, crack open the caps, & pour up your beverage of choice as we settle in for some couch coverage…it’s time for yet another installment of Wacko’s Drunken Roind
    As always…I say to thee…cheers…& koneecheewah bitches! Nighty night…the Wack’s eyes & fingers can’t focus on the tact at hand!
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It's two in a row Satdee!!! Just another one of Wacko's DRBR's Pac vs Barrer

Same to you, Wacko! This is going the one helluva fight! Can't wait.

Favorite quote from PAC-MAB I

Larry: This is the fight that will shake up the boxing world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It's two in a row Satdee!!! Just another one of Wacko's DRBR's Pac vs Barrera II

Simply put... I have no earthly idea who is gonna win this Wacks for the double duty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It's two in a row Satdee!!! Just another one of Wacko's DRBR's Pac vs Barrera II

As an avid reader of these threads I'm looking forward to everyone's thoughts.

Manny is the obvious choice, isn't he?

I dunno though. In a way I want to believe that Marco has this one last great fight in front of him and he will pull it off. In the last press conference he was holing back tears (I thought - when he said he was this was his last year boxing) and i can't help but believe that Marco is going to pull this off.

I'm going for Marco on points, via a passionate and smart display, from one of the the better fighters in and around his weight class ever.

Maybe even a shock ko....

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It's two in a row Satdee!!! Just another one of Wacko's DRBR's Pac vs Barrer

It would be great to see the old warrior Barrera pull off a shock win but the only way I see it happening is if Manny really has been as underprepared as HBO say. I think a lot of the talk of his slacking off and personal problems though are hype for a fight which otherwise would have an overwhelming favourite in Manny Pacquio.

Personally I'm not buying the hype at all and think Manny will come in sharp and focused and will batter Barrera into submission by about the 9th round.

The time of the old guard will finally pass with this fight and a unification showdown between Pacquaio and Marquez will take place in 2008.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Barrera is fighting a truly distracted Pacquaio, I'm predicting a late KO favor of Pacquaio. If Pacquaio is truly prepared, it will be an early KO (maybe within six rounds). I'm predicting a 7th round KO coz I believe Pacquaio had some distractions during his training.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where's all the Barrera UD people gone now! When it goes onto the Wacko poll people lose their faith .

I've always routed for Barrera and always will, since he smashed Naz he's had my respect and watching his transformation into probably the best technical boxer Mexico has produced is a beautiful thing. I was sick to my stomach with the JMM thing, Jay Nady can suck my balls for so many of these awful decisions over the years and blatant ass kissing of the big names. (Remember before the Mayweather fight when he said it's an honour and a privelege to be refereeing you or something on those lines).

Barrera still to this day is unappreciated by so many boxing fans, and it would be a dream come true if Barrera can prevail against the man who dished out such a hellacious beating to him back in 2003. People forget how well Barrera did in the early going despite the awful preparation, and we all know besides JJ how well Barrera does in rematches. He seems to have that spark back in his eyes, and he'll be the best MAB possible against Pacquiao tomorrow night. Pacman is amazing, his power is incredible and he has looked great over the last couple of years, so it's obvious why the odds are stacked against him, but imagine if Barrera can do the impossible just one more time, just how magical it will be. I'm a believer.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've always routed for Barrera and always will, since he smashed Naz he's had my respect and watching his transformation into probably the best technical boxer Mexico has produced is a beautiful thing. I was sick to my stomach with the JMM thing, Jay Nady can suck my balls for so many of these awful decisions over the years and blatant a** kissing of the big names. (Remember before the Mayweather fight when he said it's an honour and a privelege to be refereeing you or something on those lines).

Barrera still to this day is unappreciated by so many boxing fans, and it would be a dream come true if Barrera can prevail against the man who dished out such a hellacious beating to him back in 2003. People forget how well Barrera did in the early going despite the awful preparation, and we all know besides JJ how well Barrera does in rematches. He seems to have that spark back in his eyes, and he'll be the best MAB possible against Pacquiao tomorrow night. Pacman is amazing, his power is incredible and he has looked great over the last couple of years, so it's obvious why the odds are stacked against him, but imagine if Barrera can do the impossible just one more time, just how magical it will be. I'm a believer.
    Ive always said that Barrera needs this rematch to show what he can really do when the chips are down and here it is. Barrera is getting blasted out by nobody. For the first time in a while Pac is in with someone who will outbox him and will counter hard as we go down the stretch.

A tough Barrera UD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dunno, Big Dan, I don't think Barrera is underated by anybody.

I'd love to seem him master-class and school Manny.

It's at the point that though he is still good enough to beat most, he's just not going to beat the sharp and hungry best.

I'm rooting for him, too, but not expecting him to win. It's Manny's time ...

edit: If Miles is right ... I'm happy. But ... we'll see!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm taking Barrera to pull one last big win. It's more of a heart pick. Than a brain pick. But fuck it.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    I'm taking Barrera to pull one last big win. It's more of a heart pick. Than a brain pick. But F*** it.
    You have a heart?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    I'm taking Barrera to pull one last big win. It's more of a heart pick. Than a brain pick. But F*** it.
    You have a heart?
    Heh, heh. Fucking bastard.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Heart Pick Is Right!! Barrera W.s.12 .much tougher than most expect and I think Barrera will box sharp.Shock and awe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alright fellars...for what it's worth...I drunkenly tried to get the opnening page ready! Heh heh heh heh!
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Alright fellars...for what it's worth...I drunkenly tried to get the opnening page ready! Heh heh heh heh!
    Take sc # 58 for...Ah..ah. Just cuz it been awhile.

Thread Information