Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How about Juanma?

Wow! This guy is on a roll! Another 1st round KO... Who's gonna stop this guy?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How about Juanma?

Quote Originally Posted by ultraelectromagneticpunch View Post
    Juanma did already twice . Or do you mean stop as in a KO or TKO?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ultraelectromagneticpunch View Post
    Juanma did already twice . Or do you mean stop as in a KO or TKO?
    Yeah! I mean he's having this streak... Now making his presence felt... I hope his next match would be a great test for him not having those kinds of wins...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i was actually disappointed with the Juanma fight, i mean honestly i like the kid and hope he does well, but since winning the title he's been protected big time in his last two fights, neither fighter all that hurt and both do a Bruce Seldon and act like they were just given the beating of their lives, he needs an actual test, and im not bitching about another 1st round knockout, i just want to see it against a decent level of competition, the following are all good options

Jhonny Gonzalez
    Israel Vazquez
    Rafael Marquez
    Celestino Caballero
    Bernabe Concepcion

or even comin up to fight him

Gerry Penalosa
    Silence Mabuza
    Abner Mares
    or even fellow Puerto Rican
    Eric Morel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Next fight out he better fight some quality opposition. This is his second fight against someone who shouldn't even be on the televised portion of the undercard, let alone fighting for a world title. I mean, come on, these guys aren't even mandatories.

I like how JuanMa shrugs his shoulders and says things like I wanted to put on a good show, and yet hes fighting opponents who aren't capable of doing that. These are the type of fights you take when you are a prospect trying to make a name for yourself, not once you hold the title.

And thats not to say that I don't think he is talented because I do, which is another reason I don't want to see fights like this. Can't wait to see him against Vasquez though, should be a great one.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We have a saying in Puerto Rico, which roughly translates as follows: "Once you've seen the dog's balls, it's easy to say he's a male."

I agree that this Argentine had no business in the ring. But Cesar Figueroa was touted higher than that, and had the record to prove it. I think he had even given Ponce de Leon a pretty good fight.

So it's easy to come back after the fact and say that Juanma is facing bums, but remember who the first "bum" actually was... the defending champion. Also remember that Juanma himself doesn't choose his opponents.

That being said, I can't wait to see him eventually and inevitably dethrone and destroy Israel Vazquez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    i was actually disappointed with the Juanma fight, i mean honestly i like the kid and hope he does well, but since winning the title he's been protected big time in his last two fights, neither fighter all that hurt and both do a Bruce Seldon and act like they were just given the beating of their lives, he needs an actual test, and im not bitching about another 1st round knockout, i just want to see it against a decent level of competition, the following are all good options

Jhonny Gonzalez
    Israel Vazquez
    Rafael Marquez
    Celestino Caballero
    Bernabe Concepcion

Gerry Penalosa
    Silence Mabuza
    Abner Mares
    Eric Morel
    all good fights for him.would definitely test him.I mean,he fought like 5 times this year and I haven't even seen him sweat.its time to step up I say.
    Last edited by the_PRODIGY; 12-07-2008 at 12:54 PM.
    An empty can is always noisy.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In my euphoria over De La Hoya getting his *ss kicked, I've almost forgotten about our very own Puerto Rican sensation... Juan Manuel Lopez.

Way to go, JuanMa!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jhonny Gonzalez - even match
    Israel Vazquez - very dangerous
    Rafael Marquez - very dangerous
    Celestino Caballero - even match
    Bernabe Concepcion - live underdog

Gerry Penalosa - live underdog
    Silence Mabuza - ??
    Abner Mares - ??
    Eric Morel - live underdog

i prefer he should face penalosa(tough veteran and slick SOB) before all those real 122 bad a**es
    Last edited by antimoron; 12-07-2008 at 01:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    In my euphoria over De La Hoya getting his *ss kicked, I've almost forgotten about our very own Puerto Rican sensation... Juan Manuel Lopez.

Way to go, JuanMa!!!
    congrats on your boy. he'll definitely go a long way. medina looked pretty scared and intimidated from the get go though. juanma now belongs to the big league.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KKisser View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Way to go, JuanMa!!!
    congrats on your boy. he'll definitely go a long way. medina looked pretty scared and intimidated from the get go though. juanma now belongs to the big league.
    Thanks, KKisser. I agree. I also hope they get him another fight quick, 'cause he barely broke a sweat against Medina.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah yeah, that was the most anticipated fight of the evening for me. as i was just nervous as fuk every time i see JuanMa fight. and again he pulled off a victory without even trying. u know what i cant complain too much about Medina because i don't think anyone here knew what he had to bring to the table. his record looked good and it seemed at least that he might test JuanMa a little bit at least til the 5Th or 6Th round. If anyone knew that he was going to be such a bum someone would have said so. So I'm not taking anything away from my boy. i will say that he has to tell his promotional group who he wants to fight and that they need to make it happen. hopefully this is a setup fight for a really good fight coming soon. JuanMa baby!!!! wooohoooo

on a more disappointing note fellow Puerto Rican prospect Jesus Rojas lost a UD 8 rounder against Journeyman Jose Angel Beranza of Mexico. Rojas came in with a 13-0 (10 ko's) record against Beranza's 30-14-2 (25 ko's). i for one thought Rojas was a pretty good prospect showing some descent skills, needing a lot of improving but overall looking like a halfway descent prospect. Obviously not enough goods to beat the veteran in Beranza.
    Hidden Content It's Good To Be Back!! Hidden Content

ICB Guest

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mike_tha_man View Post
    Yeah yeah, that was the most anticipated fight of the evening for me. as i was just nervous as fuk every time i see JuanMa fight. and again he pulled off a victory without even trying. u know what i cant complain too much about Medina because i don't think anyone here knew what he had to bring to the table. his record looked good and it seemed at least that he might test JuanMa a little bit at least til the 5Th or 6Th round. If anyone knew that he was going to be such a bum someone would have said so. So I'm not taking anything away from my boy. i will say that he has to tell his promotional group who he wants to fight and that they need to make it happen. hopefully this is a setup fight for a really good fight coming soon. JuanMa baby!!!! wooohoooo

on a more disappointing note fellow Puerto Rican prospect Jesus Rojas lost a UD 8 rounder against Journeyman Jose Angel Beranza of Mexico. Rojas came in with a 13-0 (10 ko's) record against Beranza's 30-14-2 (25 ko's). i for one thought Rojas was a pretty good prospect showing some descent skills, needing a lot of improving but overall looking like a halfway descent prospect. Obviously not enough goods to beat the veteran in Beranza.
    How you doing, bro? Go back and read my 1st post on this thread. It's easy for people to go back now and say the guy was a bum. But Cesar Figueroa (JML's previous victim) was no bum and still got KTFO'ed. Anyway, they need to bring JML in a hurry now. I'm anxious for him to face Israel Vazquez, 'cause when he does... the world will know what Juanma's all about.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs up Juanma!!!

Lets not forget Juan Manuel Lopez!

what was up with Medina? Damn he was scared shitless getting hit by Juanma Medina nearly knock bautista out, I thought he was a lot better then what he showed last night.

These short fights aren't good for Juan though, he needs more rounds. Im beginning to lean towards him against the elite(rafa,izzy) but not quite there yet.

I like the way Juan lifts his shoulder as if to say its not my fault he was shit scared of me

Thread Information