Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: OK, Tam, send it over, I will pay as promised :)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default OK, Tam, send it over, I will pay as promised :)

All credit to Froch. He's still not as good as you think, but he's clearly one of the top 5 in the world at 168. The Pascal fight didn't show me much. This did. He's a tough SOB. He was outclassed for a good chunk of the fight, but he wanted it more and he can punch. IMHO, his power was part why Taylor stopped throwing power punches. That, and Taylor thought he was up 6 rounds plus a knockdown and went into run mode. It let him back into the fight. Good for Carl for sticking to it. If Jermaine would have fought like a champion and tried to finish like one, Froch would have lost but earned some of my respect. As long as Taylor was throwing, Froch was losing, but to his credit, he got off the canvas and waited for his opportunity. I gotta give him his props.

Keep in mind, Taylor is a crap finisher, otherwise, Froch would be on an early plane back to Nottingham. But the same it true for Pavlik. That's part of boxing.

Froch better pray that Ward gets by Miranda. At this point I would certainly favor Froch over Ward, who will be his mandatory if Ward beats Edson. Otherwise, he might he's gonna have a date with Andre Dirrell. That will spell very bad news for him. I'll get you back on the sig bet if Froch/Dirrell ever comes off

Why, Jermaine, why, why did you punk out and stop throwing the right?? He was there all there. Didn't you watch Oscar/Trinidad? Shame on you for being a such a bitch and trying to run for 5 rounds.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: OK, Tam, send it over, I will pay as promised :)

I will think of something evil in the morning. Currently I am high as kite, I need my sleep, but Froch your the man and I love you !

GET IN FROCHY MY SON !

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here we go:

''I sincerly am sorry for calling you a fanboy Tam Seddon, I have now realised the true potential of such a world class warrior in Carl the cobra Froch. He is the man of the 168 weight class and will continue to be for many title defences to come. Hail the almighty Cobra for such a fine victory over over Jermain Taylor and I will remember to never mess with Tam Seddon ever again in a boxing signature bet''

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Here we go:

''I sincerly am sorry for calling you a fanboy Tam Seddon, I have now realised the true potential of such a world class warrior in Carl the cobra Froch. He is the man of the 168 weight class and will continue to be for many title defences to come. Hail the almighty Cobra for such a fine victory over over Jermain Taylor and I will remember to never mess with Tam Seddon ever again in a boxing signature bet''

Ha Ha I need to get something like this on with Lyle for Haye Wlad to go along with the rep points I'll be taking from him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Here we go:

I would only allow me 200 characters so I had to edit it. I tried to keep it as much in the spirit of the original as I could. If you can come up with a better 200 character version, send it over. If you are satisfied with my edit, consider my punishment in effect as of today

Enjoy the moment, Tam. Your boy did good.

Thread Information