Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hatton could be the biggest winner from Saturday night

Hatton must be grinning from ear to ear right now.

It looked like after his loss to Floyd that he would have to move down to the wasteland of 140 and fight complete nobodies for the rest of his career.

Instead Manny has looked sensational in demolishing Oscar and Hatton has a chance for another megafight.

Moreover because Manny looked so good at 147, all those fights against other lightweights that previously wern't all that appealing now look like amazing matchups as well.

Hatton against Marquez, Hatton against Juan Diaz, Hatton against Campbell, even Hatton against Guzman.

All of a sudden Ricky Hatton is sitting on a goldmine of potential opposition.

He could end up with 3 or 4 megafights to round off his career and stake his claim as one of the greatest 140 lbers in recent times.

ICB Guest

Default Re: Hatton could be the biggest winner from Saturday night

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

It looked like after his loss to Floyd that he would have to move down to the wasteland of 140 and fight complete nobodies for the rest of his career.

Instead Manny has looked sensational in demolishing Oscar and Hatton has a chance for another megafight.

Moreover because Manny looked so good at 147, all those fights against other lightweights that previously wern't all that appealing now look like amazing matchups as well.

Hatton against Marquez, Hatton against Juan Diaz, Hatton against Campbell, even Hatton against Guzman.

He could end up with 3 or 4 megafights to round off his career and stake his claim as one of the greatest 140 lbers in recent times.
    Totally agree and if Ricky Hatton fights any of those names in Wembley, i'll be going for certain.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

Totally agree and if Ricky Hatton fights any of those names in Wembley, i'll be going for certain.
    You better start saving Ice, you could be going more than once

ICB Guest

You bet i will mate believe it or not i've never gone to a live fight, like i've said before the closest i've got is watching live Amateur fights. But next year i will for certain see one of them fights you listed above, i've always wanted to watch a massive fight near my area now it looks i'll finally be able to do that.

By the way i think Ricky Hatton loses to all the names above, except for Juan Diaz. Because there very similar style wise. The only difference being i think Ricky Hatton will have quite a big strength advantage, which will be the difference in a rough/physical fight like i expect it to be.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll see you there then mate have a few jars with us, I would pay silly money to see any of those or a Pac fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton and JMM would be a good fight. but im sure that Ricky will go str8 ahead and fight Pac.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You bet i will mate believe it or not i've never gone to a live fight, like i've said before the closest i've got is watching live Amateur fights. But next year i will for certain see one of them fights you listed above, i've always wanted to watch a massive fight near my area now it looks i'll finally be able to do that.

By the way i think Ricky Hatton loses to all the names above, except for Juan Diaz. Because there very similar style wise. The only difference being i think Ricky Hatton will have quite a big strength advantage, which will be the difference in a rough/physical fight like i expect it to be.
    lol you'll probably be the only Englishman saving up his pennies to see Ricky Hatton our most beloved fighter fight at Wembley Stadium and then root for the other guy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Totally agree.. Hatton had ran out of just about everything.. Short of going up and fighting Cotto or something (and getting beat up), what other Glory is left for him...? Not much was popping up, and he'll need to be retiring soon...

When they showed that final shot of him, he looked pretty happy at how the fight went, but he looked a little worried as well..

But good on him, one more megafight with a P4P #1...
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll be going myself if it's at Wembley, without doubt. I've always wanted to see a Hatton fight live.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

saw him against juan lazcano and met him aty the london press conference before his fight against mayweather, if he fights manny anywhere in england no doubt ill be there, although the prices are going to shoot right up i would imagine

Thread Information