Thread: Tito Trinidad: I Lost to Hopkins because wife found out about affair

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tito Trinidad: I Lost to Hopkins because wife found out about affair

Felix Trinidad Comes Clean on 'Why' He Lost To Hopkins - Boxing News

Tito is saying the main reason why he lost to B-Hop all those years ago was because of his wife finding out about the affair was the main reason. Of course other things played a small role too like the 9/11 event and having to move the date blah blah blah.

I have to say it's cool of Tito to clear that up. I always thought he lost because Hopkins just beat the shit out of him. Thanks Tito.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tito Trinidad: I Lost to Hopkins because wife found out about affair

I also heard the reason he lost to Winky Wright was because his wife found him in bed with Don King.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tito Trinidad: I Lost to Hopkins because wife found out about affair

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    I also heard the reason he lost to Winky Wright was because his wife found him in bed with Don King.
    Ha ha ha Very Funny!!!!!......Though he is not the first fighter to use the fact that they were having marital problems as an excuse...........Wonder who he slept with to lose the Jones fight .....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And Mike Tyson lost to Douglass because Kevin Rooney was fired...
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How dare you guys doubt Tito. Boxing is 99% mental, and on the highest level if you aren't 100% mentally there, then it can easily cost you a fight, even if the opponent is far inferior like Bhop was to Tito.

The morning before his fight with Pacquiao, room service sent Ricky Hatton scrambled eggs instead of sunny side up like he ordered, and we all saw what happened to Ricky. Shane Mosley was doing great against Floyd until he looked out into the crowd and saw one of Paris Hilton's nipples hanging out and it ruined his concentration.

Tito should have had the fight postphoned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it's a valid excuse.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yea he spewed this bullshit right after the fight, turned out he had gotten his mistress pregnant, but only a blind fanboy would have bought into it, his excuse for the Jones fight was that his dad was ill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is human nature you can't blame him especially in a macho sport like boxing where you are seen as some hard nut, but if you think about it I don't think a fighter will have a camp before a big fight where everything goes 100% to plan and preperation is spot on but thing is top fighters can still win with these adverse effects, but on the rare occasion they don't they find excuses for there defeats but in reality that's all it is an excuse.

jon09 Guest

Tito could have been 100% and it would not have mattered. B Hop would beat him every time.

El Kabong Guest

This is not meant as a dig to Tito or anyone else but excuses are like assholes....everybody has one.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post

Tito is saying the main reason why he lost to B-Hop all those years ago was because of his wife finding out about the affair was the main reason. Of course other things played a small role too like the 9/11 event and having to move the date blah blah blah.

I have to say it's cool of Tito to clear that up. I always thought he lost because Hopkins just beat the shit out of him. Thanks Tito.
    I think 9/11 played a small role. After that shit happened Hopkins caught a train and went home to Philly. Since no flying was allowed Trinidad couldn't go home and was pretty much forced to stay in New York. That's a pretty big inconvenience. Either way Trinidad wasn't beating Hopkins that night

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post

I think 9/11 played a small role. After that shit happened Hopkins caught a train and went home to Philly. Since no flying was allowed Trinidad couldn't go home and was pretty much forced to stay in New York. That's a pretty big inconvenience. Either way Trinidad wasn't beating Hopkins that night
    How was two weeks in New York a big inconvenience then? Apart from the terrorist stuff, obviously
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Infidelity effects mind and body in strange ways...Im betting had Hopkins known he was now sleeping in the front yard and living out of a suitcase he would of shown mercy.

Skeptic 101......might he be planting seeds cough,cough...for a rematch? Not that one is warranted and he looks like a Macy's float now,but still?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

....ha ha ha absolutly hillarious. Hey vic darchiniyan says he lost to donare cause he accidently wore his little sisters boxing shoes that night. And he had his mouthpiece upside down.....and a bug in his eye, etc.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cmon we are talking about the guy who retired everytime he lost basically, of course he needs an excuse...its the only way he can come back and fight. He needs to believe he would of won if something didnt affect him when the reality is that he was second best on those nights.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Thread Information