Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  20
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hatton, Khan, & Brook

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Hatton, Khan, & Brook

The fighters who usually get grouped together are those who share the ring at the same time like Benn, Eubank, Collins, Watson, but these guys had some pretty small windows of opportunity to fight each other and I want to know who do you guys think had the best career out of these three? And also who would win head to head (prime vs prime or during their actual careers because those results may differ)? And even a third question....would any of them have beaten Naseem Hamed or did any of them have a better career than Naz?

Well then, have a go

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton, Khan, & Brook

I think Hatton was always overrated due to having a big win over an aging guy who was also somewhat overrated, before British boxing became what it’s been for years now, and being seen as some every man drunk idiot. Khan is a guy who is hard to rate because he’s been extremely gifted but also so flawed, a lot of fights he could’ve won or could’ve been iced out. Brook, especially in the last couple years, is too big and way too good for either of them.

What is the Naz question even about? These guys were all way bigger, of course they’d beat him...

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    What is the Naz question even about? These guys were all way bigger, of course they’d beat him...

Not to the buffet

El Kabong Guest

Naz fought at 126 and Hatton 140-147, Khan from 135-160, Brook from 147-160.....having seen Pacquiao, Erik Morales, etc move WAAAAAAY up in weight I was just saying that IF Naz went up to say 140 if he would have had any success at all or if his individual achievements outshined everyone elses. Naz was 5'4 1/2, Hatton 5'7, Khan 5'8 1/2, Brook 5'9 so yes there would be a serious size advantage but Naz was also a lot more unorthodox of a fighter than all those guys.

Just asking, I mean if you think Naz would get the shit hammered out of him due to his lack of size then by all means just say so.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Peak

Hatton would stop Khan late on as he’d eventually get to him with relentless pressure - I think Hatton was overrated too.

Brook stops Khan early and easily.

Hatton and Broom would go to the cards. Would be SD one way or other.

Hamed too small but at 135 maybe he has a chance to ice Khan
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Naz couldn’t have gone up to 140 and fought Hatton. I don’t care how many stories came out of his gym saying he could mix with Light Heavies.
    Naz certainly had the most financially rewarding career , along with Hatton , Brook has the most power, and Khan is a prick.
    But if I was able to be one of them , I would absolutely love to have had the Legacy that Hatton had. When he took 20,000 fans to Vegas, that is something very , very special.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep agreed re Hatton legacy. Was unbelievable.

Don’t really know an amir Khan fan ??

Hamed made it fun to watch the little guys. Never like watching the lower weight divisions as they just seem to knock fuck out of each other yet it always went to the cards. Hamed changed all that for a spell but couldn’t continue to cement his legacy and get to legend status.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Naz fought at 126 and Hatton 140-147, Khan from 135-160, Brook from 147-160.....having seen Pacquiao, Erik Morales, etc move WAAAAAAY up in weight I was just saying that IF Naz went up to say 140 if he would have had any success at all or if his individual achievements outshined everyone elses. Naz was 5'4 1/2, Hatton 5'7, Khan 5'8 1/2, Brook 5'9 so yes there would be a serious size advantage but Naz was also a lot more unorthodox of a fighter than all those guys.

Just asking, I mean if you think Naz would get the shit hammered out of him due to his lack of size then by all means just say so.
    Did I not? I also don’t feel Roman Gonzalez would have had a good chance against jermell Charlo.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As for who had the better career well if you go strictly by fan support I'd have to say Hatton. I also believe he was overrated, and buoyed mainly by his work rate. Like Canelo against Floyd, Ricky had his moment in the sun blotted out not just by Floyd.... but by Pacquiao. Yes... Khan is extremely gifted, but has showed the penchant for failing in the crucial moments. I also think his ill-advised fight vs Canelo was a potential career buster. Of the three mentioned I sympathize with Brook the most. Much less mouthy than Khan, yet extremely gifted in his own right. Unfortunately he went and did a Khan, getting into the ring with GGG. Must've been an outbreak of "stupid" right about that time.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    As for who had the better career well if you go strictly by fan support I'd have to say Hatton. I also believe he was overrated, and buoyed mainly by his work rate. Like Canelo against Floyd, Ricky had his moment in the sun blotted out not just by Floyd.... but by Pacquiao. Yes... Khan is extremely gifted, but has showed the penchant for failing in the crucial moments. I also think his ill-advised fight vs Canelo was a potential career buster. Of the three mentioned I sympathize with Brook the most. Much less mouthy than Khan, yet extremely gifted in his own right. Unfortunately he went and did a Khan, getting into the ring with GGG. Must've been an outbreak of "stupid" right about that time.
    How can you go by fan support though? It means nothing. Agree on the Brook thing, I think it was a ballsier and better showing by him, although that’s debatable I guess, he and Khan both went in and stuck with the only real game plan that gave them a chance to win. Both of those fights were actually quite stupid when you think of it...

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I get the point about Hatton being overrated, and it’s a fair one. Caught Tsyu at the right time, exposed by Floyd and Pac, etc.
    But what I liked was that he went out and tested himself to the full. He fought the best 2 fighters on the planet , and came short, but he wasn’t afraid to find his level.
    Some other ATG Brits can’t say the same. As much as I like him , JC Spirngs to mind immediately, Eubank and Benn for whatever reasons didn’t take on the Nunn’s , Toney’s , Jones Jr’s of this World. Although I have massive admiration and respect for what Benn put himself through against McLellan in a tragic fight.
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 06-23-2018 at 04:54 PM.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How can you go by fan support though? It means nothing. Agree on the Brook thing, I think it was a ballsier and better showing by him, although that’s debatable I guess, he and Khan both went in and stuck with the only real game plan that gave them a chance to win. Both of those fights were actually quite stupid when you think of it...

Ok I was reaching. But one of the questions was who had the better career. It depends on the measuring stick you use. Agreed fan support is a weak one, but it's the only one I could find on Ricky. Admired his work rate, but he came up woefully short in his two real tests. I especially take points away when the person in question has claimed to be fighting for the mythical p4p, which was of course Hatton's case.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok I was reaching. But one of the questions was who had the better career. It depends on the measuring stick you use. Agreed fan support is a weak one, but it's the only one I could find on Ricky. Admired his work rate, but he came up woefully short in his two real tests. I especially take points away when the person in question has claimed to be fighting for the mythical p4p, which was of course Hatton's case.

Yeah think we have the same take. Hatton was a lot more popular/regarded than his ability merited, that was clear as soon as he fought Collazo.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It all depends on Khan's chin, if he can avoid getting caught, I could see him out boxing the other 2. Otherwise Brook beats the others.

Hatton had a huge following and was right at the pinnacle of the sport against Mayweather, unfortunately he was not elite.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton has had the better career out of these three. He has the Tszyu moment in Manchester and nothing the other 2 have could out do that.

Hatton was never a world class welterweight and Brook would beat him. I do not think Hatton could beat Porter or lived with Spence.

Hatton could beat Khan at light welter and that would be the best fight out of the 3 as that was their best and prime weights.

Naz was too small for these fighters but p4p wipes them out.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information