Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cotto"s only HOPE to wın ıs by KO FAST

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    And hopıng for that fast KO wıll not happen ıf he doesnt rush ın wıldly ın a sort of bullyıng shovıng rough house manner. Standıng and boxıng wıll be lıke watchıng Bert Cooper stand and box wıth Evander Holyfıeld.

If Cotto ıs Cooper he has a chance. as dıd Cooper for a few glorıous moments.

I don’t see it that way at all. Cotto has a great jab and you need one of those to even enter the chance sweepstakes. Cotto will also try to switch seeing that he’s a natural leftie but he will attempt to go south paw and especially his feet at the right moments. Can’t see him trying to box that way or he will be eating right hands. There are plenty of intangibles in this fight and it puzzles me at the amount of people across the web who give Cotto no shot at all. I wonder if people said the same thing about Lamotta the first time he faced Robinson. Cotto has a new trainer and seems rejuvenated. I bet they watched the Oscar and Castillo 1 fights over and over again even though Cotto is previously known to not watch tape. People are really discounting Diaz as a trainer.

Another aspect that people do not really talk about or dismiss out hand is Floyds head space. Part of his game plan is getting under his opponent’s skin as the reactions fuel his own fire. Talk about subdued; this 24/7 is a cure for insomnia. Add to that thee impending doom even though it is only 90 days and he does 45. He’s got about a month of freedom left. Nobody can tell me that does not have an effect also. This combined with his inactivity and conserved use of his legs lately could make for at least and interesting first half. Cotto could not have the stars more aligned to give him his best chance.

Will he win? Highly unlikely. Can he win? Floyds a human with a lot going on. Wishful thinking I suppose being a die hard Cotto fan but upsets are a big part of boxing. I do think it will be a much better fight then most. If I was betting I’d put the coin with Floyd in a comfortable UD. No stoppage I don’t think because they are wearing Grants and Everlast. Same with Alvarez and Shane. I would have thought there would be a couple of pairs Reyes in the mix.

Have not posted in awhile. Excuse the long winded response.
    Eggggsactly! Very level headed response.
    I get the feeling most people are reaching for arguments that mean if Floyd wins he automatically doesn't get credit.. instead of looking at the facts. Cotto is a champion in a higher weight class and a future Hall of Famer with a stellar CV.

I've said before that if you think Floyd is going to have such a stroll in the park against Cotto then you're a bigger fan of him than the most ardent of Flomo's.
    Indeed. That is a common thread across all forums. If Floyd wins Cotto was shot but the Floyd fans who believe this will be a walk in the park have nothing to gloat about either. After all it was a forgone conclusion right?

Imagine if Cotto pulls it off? Not sure its as big as Tyson/Douglas but it would have to be up there.
    The 911 calls would be off the charts.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    I think Cotto keeps it close for a few rounds but then Mayweather pulls away and wins easily on points.
    That is what Hatton has said too, but if it is close I think Cotto will not lose his head like Ricky did.
    I think Mayweather has Cotto all worked out after a few rounds and then dominates. Cotto spends the rest of the fight concentrating on taking as little punishment as he can so that he hears the bell at the end of the twelfth/lives to fight another day.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Cotto keeps it close for a few rounds but then Mayweather pulls away and wins easily on points.
    That is what Hatton has said too, but if it is close I think Cotto will not lose his head like Ricky did.
    I think Mayweather has Cotto all worked out after a few rounds and then dominates. Cotto spends the rest of the fight concentrating on taking as little punishment as he can so that he hears the bell at the end of the twelfth/lives to fight another day.
    You're a complete retard. That is all.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Slim the BoxingManiac View Post
    And you're retarded for caling people retarded that disagree with your opinion.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    And you're retarded for spelling the word 'calling' wrong. But I like you.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by slim the boxingmaniac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by slim the boxingmaniac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland laing View Post
    i think cotto keeps it close for a few rounds but then mayweather pulls away and wins easily on points.
    that is what hatton has said too, but if it is close i think cotto will not lose his head like ricky did.
    i think mayweather has cotto all worked out after a few rounds and then dominates. Cotto spends the rest of the fight concentrating on taking as little punishment as he can so that he hears the bell at the end of the twelfth/lives to fight another day.
    you're a complete retard. That is all.
    and you're retarded for caling people retarded that disagree with your opinion.
    and you're retarded for spelling the word 'calling' wrong. but i like you.
    Oh no he DI'INT

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And hopıng for that fast KO wıll not happen ıf he doesnt rush ın wıldly ın a sort of bullyıng shovıng rough house manner. Standıng and boxıng wıll be lıke watchıng Bert Cooper stand and box wıth Evander Holyfıeld.

I don’t see it that way at all. Cotto has a great jab and you need one of those to even enter the chance sweepstakes. Cotto will also try to switch seeing that he’s a natural leftie but he will attempt to go south paw and especially his feet at the right moments. Can’t see him trying to box that way or he will be eating right hands. There are plenty of intangibles in this fight and it puzzles me at the amount of people across the web who give Cotto no shot at all. I wonder if people said the same thing about Lamotta the first time he faced Robinson. Cotto has a new trainer and seems rejuvenated. I bet they watched the Oscar and Castillo 1 fights over and over again even though Cotto is previously known to not watch tape. People are really discounting Diaz as a trainer.

Another aspect that people do not really talk about or dismiss out hand is Floyds head space. Part of his game plan is getting under his opponent’s skin as the reactions fuel his own fire. Talk about subdued; this 24/7 is a cure for insomnia. Add to that thee impending doom even though it is only 90 days and he does 45. He’s got about a month of freedom left. Nobody can tell me that does not have an effect also. This combined with his inactivity and conserved use of his legs lately could make for at least and interesting first half. Cotto could not have the stars more aligned to give him his best chance.

Will he win? Highly unlikely. Can he win? Floyds a human with a lot going on. Wishful thinking I suppose being a die hard Cotto fan but upsets are a big part of boxing. I do think it will be a much better fight then most. If I was betting I’d put the coin with Floyd in a comfortable UD. No stoppage I don’t think because they are wearing Grants and Everlast. Same with Alvarez and Shane. I would have thought there would be a couple of pairs Reyes in the mix.

I get the feeling most people are reaching for arguments that mean if Floyd wins he automatically doesn't get credit.. instead of looking at the facts. Cotto is a champion in a higher weight class and a future Hall of Famer with a stellar CV.

I've said before that if you think Floyd is going to have such a stroll in the park against Cotto then you're a bigger fan of him than the most ardent of Flomo's.
    Indeed. That is a common thread across all forums. If Floyd wins Cotto was shot but the Floyd fans who believe this will be a walk in the park have nothing to gloat about either. After all it was a forgone conclusion right?

Imagine if Cotto pulls it off? Not sure its as big as Tyson/Douglas but it would have to be up there.
    The 911 calls would be off the charts.

Listen, the bottom line is Cotto is a very good fighter. Thus, Floyd is facing a very good fighter. It's not the toughest challenge out there for Floyd at 154, but it's the toughest big money fight, other than Pacquiao or Martinez out there. I don't take anything away from Floyd for taking the fight. I didn't take anything away from him for taking the Ortiz fight, even though Ortiz was way out of his depth. For the competition at or around that weight class, there is/was nothing wrong with either choice.

I stand by the fact that though that Cotto hasn't proved anything of real substance at 154 and in my estimation was more effective when his punches mattered more at 147, even 140, when he was younger. I really believe Cotto is at 154, not because he needs to be there, but because it's easier for him to be there. It's not like he has been out there challenging the best at 154, prior to this fight.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 05-04-2012 at 09:36 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow, thanks for educating me. I totally believed that one spelled "calling" caling, it wasn't just a random typo due to being on a phone. Always nice when one has to resort to pointing out simple typos, but it's alright cause usually you're ok.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow, thanks for educating me. I totally believed that one spelled "calling" caling, it wasn't just a random typo due to being on a phone. Always nice when one has to resort to pointing out simple typos, but it's alright cause usually you're ok.
    I read almost every post before I post it, just to make sure I haven't goofed up on it. It works well for me.

Although, mistakes happen. I'm just a dickhead is all.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would just omit the FAST part. As much as I want Cotto to pull this off I see too many pot holes for him. He's not out thinking or out boxing Floyd, he must revert early. His flesh and Floyds hand speed and elbow are a terrible combination, his foot speed is pedestrian compared and Floyd wont give him the range he needs early on. I DO think Cotto has the jab and punch to get Mayweathers respect but just cannot see him keeping pace with Floyd. I have nothing but respect for Cotto but vs this rate, speed and boxing mind he'll square, start hookey counters and it'll be nothing but playing catch up after. Mayweather doesn't have to concuss him to knock him out, just turn him and pull the cord on the lawn mower. I've been on a bad run of predictions so frankly I hope to stay the course here...Mayweather via bloody tko on cuts.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 05-05-2012 at 04:32 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto has a better chance of beating Floyd than did Dela Hoya or Mosley, only because he's not as old and slow and certainly has much better boxing skill than Ortiz. His biggest negative with infighting, his he too clean a fighter to out point Floyd on the inside and not fast enough on the outside. He needs a page out of Duran's book. I still see it as a close point fight with no KO's.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unless Cotto surprises him he isnt going to win using basics,we have all lived in hope with other grand fighters against Floyd over the years.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post
    Cotto has a better chance of beating Floyd than did Dela Hoya or Mosley, only because he's not as old and slow and certainly has much better boxing skill than Ortiz. His biggest negative with infighting, his he too clean a fighter to out point Floyd on the inside and not fast enough on the outside. He needs a page out of Duran's book. I still see it as a close point fight with no KO's.
    Hope you are right.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With respect I do not think Oscar was 'old' when he fought mayweather. He always had a tendency to tire out later in rounds. However Mosley was not not the same man he was years before. He was on a noticeable decline.

As for Cotto he's been in many wars and I don't know how he'll do.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hate to say I told you so..but I fucking did didn't I?
    Great performance by Cotto

Thread Information