Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nigel Wright fights for a two titles!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Nigel Wright fights for a two titles!

Hi there folks,me local southpaw boxer Nigel Wright will have another chance on becoming a Light-welterweight british AND commonwealth title holder next friday night when he fights against the decent Joe Olusegun again.Olusegan holds both titles and is ranked top 5 in the world by the WBC.Wright fought Olusegan last year and just losted on points to him(i thought Nigel won that fight,it was close).It will be Wrights third shot at to fulfil his ambition of lifting up the british and he said that having a chance to take the commonwealth title too will be a great bonus.

I really like Nigel Wright,he has really good boxing skills.He has been hard done by from afew bad decisions over a couple of years and i rate him quite highly on skills.Im looking forward to this fight next friday night,im having a bet at the bookmakers on me local southpaw Nigel to win this fight by points!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Nigel Wright fights for a two titles!

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post
    Hi there folks,me local southpaw boxer Nigel Wright will have another chance on becoming a Light-welterweight british AND commonwealth title holder next friday night when he fights against the decent Joe Olusegun again.Olusegan holds both titles and is ranked top 5 in the world by the WBC.Wright fought Olusegan last year and just losted on points to him(i thought Nigel won that fight,it was close).It will be Wrights third shot at to fulfil his ambition of lifting up the british and he said that having a chance to take the commonwealth title too will be a great bonus.

I really like Nigel Wright,he has really good boxing skills.He has been hard done by from afew bad decisions over a couple of years and i rate him quite highly on skills.Im looking forward to this fight next friday night,im having a bet at the bookmakers on me local southpaw Nigel to win this fight by points!

Peter i think he will be in for a torrid night if im honest, how does Olusegan qualify to be british champ are you sure he is i thought that was Mcclosky when he beat Colin Lynes??

I think Wright is decent at best i wish him the best of luck but i think he looses this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The British Light-welterweight title is vacant mate.Its vacant because Nigel was due to fight Barry Morrison on the 12 of June for a British Title Eliminator before Morrison challenged Olusegun further down the line at a later date,but Morrison has turned down a fight with Olusegun so the British light-welterweight title is vacant as well as the Commonwealth title that Olusegun holds.So Nigel Wright has nothing to lose but two great Titles to gain going into this fight on friday.It'll be a close fight as was the first fight was when Wright fought Olusegun a year ago.Their first fight was a really good one and Wright was easly winning the first 6or7 rounds but eventually good the wrong verdict after 12 rounds when the judges awarded Olusegun a points win.Olusegun was really wild during the fight and Nigel out boxed him clearly.This should be a canny good fight and im really looking forward to it!
    Last edited by yvonne; 06-09-2009 at 03:04 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hi Peter mate hows it going
    i tend to agree he was winning their last fight but i thought he backed off in the last couple of rounds, i was giving gus a running commentry as he was on his way back from Australia and could not get a bar to show the fight. Was really gutted for him as i thought he fought well he needs to do what he did last ime and keep going.
    But i will be texting Gus later to find out how he is. will keep you posted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    Hi Peter mate hows it going
    i tend to agree he was winning their last fight but i thought he backed off in the last couple of rounds, i was giving gus a running commentry as he was on his way back from Australia and could not get a bar to show the fight. Was really gutted for him as i thought he fought well he needs to do what he did last ime and keep going.
    But i will be texting Gus later to find out how he is. will keep you posted.

Hi Chip mate!Long time no see mate.Its always good to hear from you with you knowing Gus.It makes this big world seem soo much smaller,ha!Yeah,he fought really well during their last fight and he was winning quite well.I rate Nigel Wright a really good british light-welterweight.His boxing skills are great to watch.He buys his time and has really good combinations too.I like watching Nigel.He boxes really well.He can go toe to toe if needs to be too!Im really looking forward to watching this fight come Friday.I'd really like to see him do it.He has been soo unlucky over the last few years,especially during that Light-welterweight Prizefighter tournament he was in.He was robbed for sure in that Tournament.Im having money on my man Nigel Wright come this friday.Im putting him down on a points win
    Last edited by yvonne; 06-11-2009 at 08:12 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was almost certainly robbed in Prizefighter my monies on Nigel too.
    Take care

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here are the odds of the up and coming fight between Olusegun vs Wright on friday night.Its a fight that id love to see Wright win.He'll get the vacant British Light Welterweight Title and the Commonwelth Title belt that Olusegun is defending.
    I cant believe the odds the CORAL BOOKMAKERS are putting on Olusegun to win,he's 1/6 odds "ON".Its a two horse race for crying out loud!!!!

anyhow i know Nigel Wright is a real force going into this fight.When their fought each other a year ago Nigel Wright was giving Olusegun big big problems throughout the fight especially during the first 7 rounds.Olusegun is a raw,durable fighter but can be really wild and he was telegraphing his over right hand all the time during the first 6or7 rounds against my man Wright!Were as Nigel used his experiance and cool head and boxed away and read Olusegun punches soo easly.
    Watch out for Olusegun's over the top right hands on this fight,he can be predictable when he does'nt get his own way into a fight.

Nigel Wright,STRAIGHT WIN:-7/2 Nigel Wright,WIN ON POINTS:-5/1

Olusegun,STRAIGHT WIN:-1/6 Olusegun,WIN BY POINTS:-4/9

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cheers Peter gonna have some of that think this is brilliant price for Nigel did the bookies watch there first fight haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    Cheers Peter gonna have some of that think this is brilliant price for Nigel did the bookies watch there first fight haha
    Thats exactly what i thought!Have their even watched Nigel Wright fight before,no dought it wont be a walk in the park for Nigel.He'll have to be on song and box really well as he usually does,but i think the bookmakers have given too much away here.Come on Nigel!!!!

This fight will go 12 rounds i think!Wright can do this if he can keep up the pressure and box his way though it!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with Skel on this one I think, Wright's going to be in for another tough night. Olusegun took in the wrong gameplan completely in the first fight, if he goes in and fights in his more usual calmer style, then Wright's going to struggle to get in on him.

For me, Olusegun is a bit like Junior Witter, in as much as he has the title, but still many people don't want to fight him cause he's so awkward, and his behaviour in the ring when he's cruising in a fight is to showboat ridiculously. It's those two faults that have kept Olusegun languishing in the Commonwealth roundabout for a few years.

I'd like Wright to win, I'm afraid my head says otherwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight will go the distance for sure.The only thing that really bothers me about Wright is that he has mentioned in me local paper that he could have done with another two weeks of training before accepting this fight,unless he is just playing mind game with Olusegun.Anyhow i know that Nigel Wright can keep up with Olusegun and can out box him for at least 7 rounds(going by the last fight their had just over a year ago)but Nigel needs to keep the tempo up all the way though the 12 rounds to stand a chance on picking these two great titles up.I respect Nigel Wright alot on taking this fight on and i think he can really do this!!He has always has really good boxing skills and can be really awkard towards his opponant too with him being a southpaw himself!
    Olusegun can be predicatble when he does'nt get his own way.He gets wild and telegraphs his big right hooks,look out for him getting frustrated with Wright,thats how Olusegun will end up losing this fight due to Wright counter punching him as he telegraphs his big shots.
    I've got Wright to win on points at 5/1 here!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm with Skel and Rhun

Reckon your dough will be staying at the bookies, lads.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've put me money where me mouth is and put a few quid on Wright to win by points.

Show me the money!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

does nigel wright live in crook,co durham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hollyellen View Post
    does nigel wright live in crook,co durham

I think he's originally from crook,but he has been based up here in Hartlepool(northeast)for a few years now after he signed for Gus Robinsons stable.Gus Robinson has his own building firm that i used to work for and he is also a boxing manager.He loves boxing Gus!I've met him breifly a few times and he's a sound bloke.He has some great prospects coming through the ranks,like Peter Cope,he'll be on our pro scene sooner or later.He's a great fighter to look out for in the future!

Thread Information