Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hopkins vs Dawson NO FOUL?!

At the very least it should of been a NO CONTEST... I'm so outraged that a fighter.. excuse me a champion could lose the belt this way. What are your opinions?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hopkins vs Dawson NO FOUL?!

this is by far the leading candidate for ROBBERY OF THE YEAR, it's bullshit and the ref is hands down the worst ref this year...even outdoing the ref for the Agbeko fight, is Dawson really trying to talk about having heart and robbing the fans of a fight? sorry all Dawson did tonight was scrap any respect that i had for him and made himself look like a douche, if he really considers this as a real "win" then he's a fucking joke

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It'll get overturned, but that call - while wrong - is 100% due to Hopkins history of faking fouls and making refs look like fools.
    Last edited by CFH; 10-16-2011 at 05:28 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    this is by far the leading candidate for ROBBERY OF THE YEAR, it's bullshit and the ref is hands down the worst ref this year...even outdoing the ref for the Agbeko fight, is Dawson really trying to talk about having heart and robbing the fans of a fight? sorry all Dawson did tonight was scrap any respect that i had for him and made himself look like a douche, if he really considers this as a real "win" then he's a fucking joke
    Exactly, very well said. I was a big Chad fan and liked the fact that he was a humble down to earth champion. I lost all respect for Chad today. If roles were reversed Chad would be talking about how dirty Hopkins is. I just don't understand how that can be consider a boxing move.. "There was no blow scored to cause a knock down" Chad was very unprofessional after the ruling. The fact that he does not want to rematch Hopkins is even more upsetting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    It'll get overturned, but that call - while wrong - is 100% due to Hopkins history of faking fowls and making refs look like fools.
    I hope you're right and yes I have to agree with you as well. Like I said if roles were reversed this wouldn't happen most likely. His antics with Calzaghe might have cause him this fight. But this was still blatant robbery. I would of been okay with a no contest and a immediate rematch.. At the very least I hope the wbc issues an immediate rematch if Chad wants to keep those belts.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    It'll get overturned, but that call - while wrong - is 100% due to Hopkins history of faking fowls and making refs look like fools.
    I hope you're right and yes I have to agree with you as well. Like I said if roles were reversed this wouldn't happen most likely. His antics with Calzaghe might have cause him this fight. But this was still blatant robbery. I would of been okay with a no contest an a immediate rematch.. At the very least I hope the wbc issues an immediate rematch if Chad wants to keep those belts.
    It should have been a N/C, and I think it ultimately will be. GBP have too much money and influence to let the result stand. With the obvious bad-blood between the two fighters, the immediate rematch will sell itself.

I didn't see anything in the fight that makes me think that Hopkins would have been looking for a way out. BUT, I wouldn't be all that surprised if Hopkins embellished it. He's smart enough to know that if he's hurt to the point that he can still fight, but likely would be at a big competitive disadvantage, then it's better to have it ruled an N/C.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We can't pick and choose which fighters are allowed to be fooked in the ass and which we prefer not to be by refs bringing personal opinion into it rather than calling rules rules and calling it down the middle. You don't lose points for being Bernard or any other fighter last I checked...you shouldn't.

It was a shit call.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    We can't pick and choose which fighters are allowed to be fooked in the ass and which we prefer not to be by refs bringing personal opinion into it rather than calling rules rules and calling it down the middle. You don't lose points for being Bernard or any other fighter last I checked...you shouldn't.

It was a shit call.
    Yeah, but stuff like this happens in all sports. Refs are only human and the ones that officiate at the highest levels have a ton of pride, just like anyone else who rises to the top of their profession. When refs see someone who they feel violates the rules, embellishes, and generally makes them look like their unable to do their jobs, then they do not tend to give that person the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not saying it's right, but it is human nature.

It won't matter in the end, I would be shocked if this doesn't end up as an N/C with an immediate rematch called for by the Commission.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

It was a shit call.
    Yeah, but stuff like this happens in all sports. Refs are only human and the ones that officiate at the highest levels have a ton of pride, just like anyone else who rises to the top of their profession. When refs see someone who they feel violates the rules, embellishes, and generally makes them look like their unable to do their jobs, then they do not tend to give that person the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not saying it's right, but it is human nature.

It won't matter in the end, I would be shocked if this doesn't end up as an N/C with an immediate rematch called for by the Commission.
    Yeh but thats not his call to make on opinion and personal preference. Thats where the lines get blurred and inconsistency and favoritism comes in to play 'god' with a guys livelihood and career. If he feels he bends rules, anyone, then its in his control to penalize or warn etc...not disregard a legit claim or rule bend on other side. Thats what makes refs look a fool, acting like judge, jury and executioner while legit questions are there. Ask Joe Cortez

Side note Refs the boss...but I take every chance I can to make mine look a fool

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins has done this far too often for me to have any sympathy. He has tried to cheat and screw fighters so many times and then gets upset when finally it has gone against him. If they want a rematch in 3 months, then let's have it because I am convinced it will be the last we see of BHop. He can't fight 12 rounds with Dawson.

Let's not forget why Hopkins was on his back, it was because once again he tried to man grope Chad Dawson and clinging yourself to an opponent like an octopus is not an acceptable move either. Should a fighter just allow themselves to be hugged non-stop? No, you push your opponent off and try to force a fight. Dawson was doing just that. Hopkins seems to be made of bone china with his crying in every fight. Toney falls out the ring, he gets up and the man was so big against Oquendo that it defied the laws of physics. But Hopkins falls, seems to take most of the fall on his back and lo and behold he is injured. Now where have we seen Hopkins crying on the canvas before?

The ref saw it as a spoiler hugging and getting pushed away, it's a shame that Hopkins apparently hurt himself in the process, but at the same time he should have insisted that the fight go on. He looked like he wanted out and got it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Hopkins has done this far too often for me to have any sympathy. He has tried to cheat and screw fighters so many times and then gets upset when finally it has gone against him. If they want a rematch in 3 months, then let's have it because I am convinced it will be the last we see of BHop. He can't fight 12 rounds with Dawson.

Let's not forget why Hopkins was on his back, it was because once again he tried to man grope Chad Dawson and clinging yourself to an opponent like an octopus is not an acceptable move either. Should a fighter just allow themselves to be hugged non-stop? No, you push your opponent off and try to force a fight. Dawson was doing just that. Hopkins seems to be made of bone china with his crying in every fight. Toney falls out the ring, he gets up and the man was so big against Oquendo that it defied the laws of physics. But Hopkins falls, seems to take most of the fall on his back and lo and behold he is injured. Now where have we seen Hopkins crying on the canvas before?

The ref saw it as a spoiler hugging and getting pushed away, it's a shame that Hopkins apparently hurt himself in the process, but at the same time he should have insisted that the fight go on. He looked like he wanted out and got it.
    Miles your one of my favorite posters on here by far, but COME ON !

The ref fucked it up, and Dawson should not be proud of his "win".

I saw the first round for Hopkins, and the second was going Chad's way, but at no point was Bernard getting hurt, beat up, rocked, or dominated.

He may have milked the injury a bit, I don't know, but he was fouled, illegally picked up and slammed to the mat, and suffered an injury as a result.

Thats a DQ. Or a the least a No Contest.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only way this decision is correct is if the ref really thinks that bernard tripped over BY HIMSELF with no help from Chad Dawson. If the ref thought that at the time then this would be correct because Bernard has hurt himself and cant continue so he loses by tko.

This clearly didnt happen and its a major fuck up by the ref.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't believe Chad is happy with this win. He was clearly upset and wanted to fight on. How can you say he was proud to win like this?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jabvargas24 View Post
    I don't believe Chad is happy with this win. He was clearly upset and wanted to fight on. How can you say he was proud to win like this?
    Oh yes I agree you could tell by his humble quiet demeanor

He was proud of it talking shit, yelling carrying on and sayin how there will be no rematch.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jabvargas24 View Post
    Oh yes I agree you could tell by his humble quiet demeanor

He was proud of it talking shit, yelling carrying on and sayin how there will be no rematch.
    Hopkins clearly didn't want anymore of Bad Chad so why have a part 2?

Thread Information