Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Melson Fractures Orbital Bone; Gallegos Bout Cancelled

New York, NY (June 9, 2012) – Due to a fractured orbital bone in his left eye, Captain Boyd “Rainmaker” Melson withdrew from his scheduled June 14 bout against Enrique Gallegos in New York City.

Melson, 8-1 (4 KO’s), suffered the injury during a sparring session and was left with no choice but to cancel due to proximity to fight night.

“I’m extraordinarily frustrated,” said Melson, a West Point Graduate who donates all of his fight purses to Justadollarplease.org. “This is one less purse I can donate for the trial with my full-time employer Johnson&Johnson matching donations 2-1. “Early assessments in China so far have shown that some of the patients paralyzed due to Spinal Cord Injury have regained their abilities to walk following the cell therapy, so getting these funds are extremely important so we can have the trials in the US. Additionally, I’m dying to get back in the win column following my last fight in March.”

Melson will be sidelined for six weeks and expects to return to the squared circle in early August.

All ticketholders who made in person purchases that would like a refund can receive them at Mendez Gym and all tickets bought via Paypal will be refunded to the account holder.

In association with Justadollarplease.org, Melson co-created Team Fight to Walk along with Christan Zaccagnino. Their mission is to raise awareness within the boxing community as well as the entire nation about the importance of bringing Clinical Trials to the United States to help cure Spinal Cord Injuries. Team Fight to Walk is comprised of Melson, former two-time cruiserweight champion Steve “USS” Cunningham, title contender DeAndre “The Bull” Latimore, Edgar “El Chamaco” Santana, Hector “Machito” Camacho Jr., 2008 US Olympians Demetrius “Boo” Andrade and Shawn Estrada along with prospects Sid “The Messenger” El Harrak, Denis “Da Momma’s Boy” Douglin, Will “Power” Rosinsky, Floriano “Italiano” Pagliara, Danny “Little Mac” McDermott, Vinny “The Lion” O’Brien, Ahmed “Prince of Egypt” Samir and Delen “Sniper” Parsley.

For more information or to make a donation, go to teamfighttowalk.com or Justadollarplease.org. All specific questions about the nature of the Clinical Trial to cure Spinal Cord Injury can be sent to boydmelson@yahoo.com.
    Last edited by kopublicity; 06-10-2012 at 12:07 AM.

Thread Information