Thread: Kristian Laight 300 pro fights, 279 losses. Life and soul of the Sport

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Kristian Laight 300 pro fights, 279 losses. Life and soul of the Sport

While we all talk about the Joshuas and Golovkins of this sport, this fellah is a true fucking hero! never turns a fight down, takes fights at short notice, always has to maintain his weight , always gives a good account of himself and out of 279 losses , he's only ever been stopped 5 fucking times!! He has Never been KO'd!
    He is just as disciplined and dedicated as many of the top guys, but he is earning relative peanuts!
    People like Laight are the lifeblood of this Sport and deserve more recognition.
    May he continue as long as he wishes to, and more importantly , stay in good health. Major respect goes out to him.
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 08-03-2018 at 10:56 AM.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kristian Laight 300 pro fights, 279 losses. Life and soul of the Sport

Crazy. He has to fight that much to pay his bills.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kristian Laight 300 pro fights, 279 losses. Life and soul of the Sport

Andrew Hartley - 2 wins (1) 28 losses (27) .

One of our own.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Surprised and disappointed Andrew didn't make this list....

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What about the Mexican list?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only scheduled for 10 rounds once in 300 fights. Clearly a protected prospect.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's hard not to stare at that record. Maybe when he gets to 9-200-7 he'll retire, having reached a milestone of sorts.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m not into knocking fighters like him, but I can’t agree with calling him as dedicated or disciplined as top guys. The fact is, it’s a lot different training and competing to win a fight than it is to survive for 4 rounds. If this guy were either a good deal better than he was, or if he really tried to beat his opponents on a semi regular basis, he would’ve been KOed a lot more than 5 times and had to retire long ago. I’m sure he helped a lot of fighters improve, is tough as nails, and gave it a go, but the fact is that’s a pretty shitty way to earn a living, most boxers would just sooner do something else. I guess in a roundabout way I’m saying I feel more for the guys who get near world level and never quite make it, rather than a guy who just decides to lose for a living.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I’m not into knocking fighters like him, but I can’t agree with calling him as dedicated or disciplined as top guys. The fact is, it’s a lot different training and competing to win a fight than it is to survive for 4 rounds. If this guy were either a good deal better than he was, or if he really tried to beat his opponents on a semi regular basis, he would’ve been KOed a lot more than 5 times and had to retire long ago. I’m sure he helped a lot of fighters improve, is tough as nails, and gave it a go, but the fact is that’s a pretty shitty way to earn a living, most boxers would just sooner do something else. I guess in a roundabout way I’m saying I feel more for the guys who get near world level and never quite make it, rather than a guy who just decides to lose for a living.
    The thing about him is, yeah he maybe knows he’s gonna lose, or even goes out to survive rather than take a risk and go for it, but he explained why he’s only been stopped 5 times.
    Basically, if he gets stopped or ko’d He can’t fight for 28 days, and he can’t afford that. So he goes into survival mode a bit, but he can box. He’s just realistic enough to realise where his level is, and because of that hopefully he doesn’t take too much punishment.
    My fear for him is that he knows he’s coming towards the end , and I hope he finds
    a. A way to make a decent living . And
    b. Something to replace the buzz he gets Boxing.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is a bit odd when you think about it. Are there guys with heavy loss record who in a way just come in to 'provide work'. Almost like a silent agreement..hey here's so and so making his pro debut and kid has some potential. we'll work hard enough to make him look promising but you'll hang around and look tough and reliable as usual. No harm no foul and the checks and sponsors keep coming. It's not like Laight is just coming in and falling down over and over. Hey if he's done anything it's maintained proper weight entire career. And never thought of it in regards to sponsorships aka rotating ring gear trunks etc. What good is a sponsorship if you're always taking a ten count?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The weight issue is very notable, I thought about this the other day. If you think about it, in this day and age, he’s fighting against bigger guys all the time. Because he fights so regularly, he is naturally that weight. He’ll fight guys for example making debuts etc. Where they are way bigger , but have had a camp to hit weight. And then they rehydrate and put on a stack of weight.

Thread Information