Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tyson Fury's next opponent is....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tyson Fury's next opponent is....

Vinny Maddalone 35-7 26 KO'S from New York

Thoughts

ps: Taken from Hennessy sports Twitter (Tyson's promoter)
    Hidden Content

collecting scores from the best boxing sites and forums

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Tyson Fury's next opponent is....

Horrible choice of opponent really, should be nothing more than a glorified sparring session. I want big Fury to step up and fight someone with a pulse.

Opponents I would have chosen for him: Michael Grant, Cedrick Boswell, Fres Oquendo, Derrick Rossy, George Arias, Dominick Guinn, Chazz Witherspoon.

I think those are all fights Tyson can win and I think they would test him a bit. I would love for Fury & Dimitrenko to fight as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think fury is taking the right route, him and his team know he isn't quite there yet, so they are ironing out his imperfections.
    A smart boxer like Kevin Johnson would likely out box him. They are taking there time with his cos he is young

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dropanuke View Post
    I think fury is taking the right route, him and his team know he isn't quite there yet, so they are ironing out his imperfections.
    A smart boxer like Kevin Johnson would likely out box him. They are taking there time with his cos he is young
    Yes I go with that it's a marathon not a sprint.!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Meh, I don't really think Fury is very good anyways, but Maddalone doesn't have a modicum of real skill and wont be a live opponent here. As a non Brit, at least, it'll be hard to take Tyson very seriously without him fighting David Price at some point. I suspect his people know he can't win that one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Meh, I don't really think Fury is very good anyways, but Maddalone doesn't have a modicum of real skill and wont be a live opponent here. As a non Brit, at least, it'll be hard to take Tyson very seriously without him fighting David Price at some point. I suspect his people know he can't win that one.
    Price doesn't show me anything. Over a twelve round period id bet my life on fury stopping him down the stretch and I'd win that bet!!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Price doesn't show me anything. Over a twelve round period id bet my life on fury stopping him down the stretch and I'd win that bet!!

I've only seen David Price fight twice, and he honestly didn't impress me as much as I had expected, but he is in a completely different class to Tyson Fury imo. Price can actually punch and has proper technique and a real pedigree. Fury has never stopped any good fighters and as long as Price has a chin that wont change if they meet. There isn't a single thing Fury does better than price, and he'd actually be the smaller man for once in his career I imagine.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just seen this , all experience for Fury, I think it's not too bad of an opponanent really it's a good keep busy fight. Fury needs to just impress, which I am sure he will. Fury by stoppage is my pick.

El Kabong Guest

Is Fury still being trained by Manny Steward? I know Andy Lee & Tyson Fury are cousins and Manny helped him out for at least 1 fight. If he did that would really help his career. I wouldn't think he would go undefeated, but he could be a world champion if he listens to Manny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree he has all the time in the world only 23

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Just seen this , all experience for Fury, I think it's not too bad of an opponanent really it's a good keep busy fight. Fury needs to just impress, which I am sure he will. Fury by stoppage is my pick.
    This what i think , also the fight is in less than a month so Maddalone was probably only 1 of a few who would have taken the fight at this short notice
    Hidden Content

collecting scores from the best boxing sites and forums

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maddalone is decent for a late substitute replacement opponent.

He's tough and has a lil pop, poses little to no threat to Tyson Fury I figure. Fury has shit technique and looks like a lop dick, but keeps on winning whenever I hear about him.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fightscorecollector View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    This what i think , also the fight is in less than a month so Maddalone was probably only 1 of a few who would have taken the fight at this short notice
    Yeah I think it's good match making to be honest, Fury needs names like this on his record so he can compare his peformance to the likes of other fighters who have beaten this guy. I hope Fury turns up in shape like the last fight and has the focus, because if he does he will perform and looks solid and move closer towards a title shot, which he is on track doing. At 23 you do have to look what he has achieved so far and see that this guy has potential, I know he does. He has years on Price, and that isn't a a bad thing for Fury. He will just needs to keep performing like he is and within 2-3 years he is already on track to being where he wants to be...the top of the game.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Horrible choice of opponent really, should be nothing more than a glorified sparring session. I want big Fury to step up and fight someone with a pulse.

Opponents I would have chosen for him: Michael Grant, Cedrick Boswell, Fres Oquendo, Derrick Rossy, George Arias, Dominick Guinn, Chazz Witherspoon.

I think those are all fights Tyson can win and I think they would test him a bit. I would love for Fury & Dimitrenko to fight as well.
    Thoug you wanted someone with a pulse!

That lot have as much chance of winning as Maddalone!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Thoug you wanted someone with a pulse!

That lot have as much chance of winning as Maddalone!
    To be fair Grant and Boswell would smoke Maddalone.

But, the rest aren't a huge step up or anything thats for sure.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Thread Information